Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 387 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 406 reviews
on September 10, 2013
My girlfriend hates games. Like, HATES games. Getting her to sit down and play a game is like trying to wrestle an alligator. She just doesn't want to sit and think quietly for long periods of time. She'd rather be up and moving around and talking. All good things, for sure, but sometimes I just want to play a game.

Enter Quirkle.

The game takes only 45 minutes or so to play, and is not so involved that you can't talk during the game. We have played with friends, with parents, with children, while waiting for food in the oven, at the beach, while watching TV, you name it. The game is fun, challenging, and can be done as a primary activity or on the side to accompany something else. It's fun, colorful, and makes you think.

The bag it comes in has some loose threads inside, and I think it is of middling quality, but you could always use a homemade bag or plastic bag if it breaks. At least it's much more versatile than regular Quirkle. Honestly, I don't see a reason to buy the full version of the game. The travel version is so portable, and the tiles are about the size of Scrabble tiles, so you're not really sacrificing size for portability like you do with some other games in which you have pinch your fingers together to manipulate tiny pieces. Quirkle is a ton of fun and the travel version slips right into a backpack and takes up no space at all.
on November 18, 2013
Fun game that doesn't take long to learn. In low light, it's hard to distinguish the blue from the green and the red from the orange, so we magic-markered a dot in the center of the green and the orange.
on March 23, 2013
I have bought 2 of these! Took the first one on a ski holiday with cousins aged 4 to 60+++. Qwirkle was a hit!! With a little imagination we were able to include everyone. You don't need to be able to read to understand and play the basic game. Game can be as simple or complex and competitive as players want to make it. I left the first one with my cousins, but had to buy another for my brother. I will be ordering one more for my family. I recommend the travel game because cheaper and comes in a nice bag (5"x5"x2") you need it to draw tiles out of. That said I have not seen the large version, the travel version is not for kids under 3, choking hazard. So if you like scrabble and rummy cubed I think you will enjoy Qwirkle!
on February 21, 2017
Fun little game. I actually bought this to replace the full size set on my shelf because I hated the opening the normal box and this is easier to get on the table as it takes up less room when there is more going on (like drinks and snacks) the strategy is straight forward. It's an abstract game that is simple enough almost anyone can have it figured out in a few minutes. One of my wife's favorites, it finds its way to the table often
on March 3, 2017
I started playing the original version, I love this game, and I decided to buy one for myself. It was there when I saw this travel size version which is simply perfect! Every time a present this game to a friend, they fall in love with it! I definitely recommend this game! As a Tip I also must say that I downloaded an app for my android phone which is called: KeepScore, and in there we keep track of the points and now we do not waste time counting the points to know who is the winner. The app will tell you that and we just focus on playing :D (Kind of Geek I know but it works!)
on February 5, 2017
Much like dominoes only with different colored shapes! Making it easier for the young and very old to play alone or together. And to bring together people who do not speak the same language during travels. Who does not enjoy playing board games and this game doesn't have or require a board.
on April 2, 2017
This is a very fun game! The size and weight is perfect. I've taken it on flights and backpacking, and it's been perfect.

The only thing is it's hard to tell the orange and red apart, especially in lower light. I took a Sharpie and put a dot in the middle of the reds, problem solved!
on June 6, 2015
I played this game and had to go out and buy my own. It's really difficult, but it can be modified. I definitely suggest the travel size no matter what, because the bigger game takes up way too much space to play. Very entertaining and challenging game. I think this is for kids at least 9 or 10 because of the difficulty.
review image
on March 19, 2017
Our kids brought this over at Christmas time. We all enjoyed it so much we had to buy our own game. They said the regular size version was too large, takes lots of table space. We love the travel version. Easy to learn.
on March 24, 2017
Smaller pieces than the full-size game, but great for travel.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.