Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 145 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 158 reviews
on April 1, 2015
If more people could drop those 'cell phones' and concentrate on 10 Mindful Minutes, the world would be a better place. People would actually communicate with one another like we used to do. People would not be texting and all that other "privacy invader' stuff-Goldie Hahn has an uncanny, intense and remarkable sense of Mind, Body and Spirit & how they work as one. Her medical and physiological understand for a lay person in amazing-as is her explanation of our brain functions. Everyone should read it and take many 10 Mindful Minutes lots of time each and every day. Brings us close to our center and the real meaning of why we are here. AWESOME!
on April 15, 2016
I love this book. I ordered it because I teach so many seventh grade students who struggle with anxiety. This book offers such great information about how.anxiwry manifests itself in the body. It gives a clear description for the lay person. In addition, the strategies described in this book are great. My son and I both struggle with anxiety as well. This book discusses techniques which as easily applied, and we are benefiting from it as well. This is a very helpful text. I did receive a discount on this item, as I had planned to review it.
on March 26, 2016
Goldie Hawn has flourished so beautifully and I am so proud to have this small piece of her collection. Her book is motivating, inspirational & enlightening. I have applied the info learned from this book & also helped spread the word, because in this day and age everyone is living in such a neg world and we can help ourselves if we invest quality time and make effort to genuinely dedicate ourselves to making small changes starting with our very own selves and family!
on July 13, 2016
I enjoyed reading this book a lot because it brings awareness to your children's feelings and I think puts a lot of things in child terms. It's important for kids to understand things about their brain or development and the games really break it down for parents and put them into a child's point of view. I really enjoyed this book and like it says at the end this is just the beginning of the journey.
on October 4, 2016
This is a wonderful book that I got to use with the Mind Up curriculum. But, I have found that reading it is even more helpful to me as an educator than I expected on a personal and professional level. I have been enjoying the peace and quiet that I am able to access using exercises and ideas in this lovely, well-written book.
on April 8, 2015
I first checked this book out from the library as an audiobook and didn't even realize that it was Goldie Hawn until she started talking. So, I admit to being a little skeptical at first... But we started putting some of the ideas into practice and yes, small steps, but they have made a difference for my child and myself. I've since recommended it to many other folk I know, esp. if they work with children. I thought the research was sound and the exercises were well thought out. It certainly helped me to remember to be present in the moment and to surround my kids with love, even in those moments when you just are so mad.
on August 8, 2014
Seriously, parents, kids and THE WORLD would be so much more successful if you had to show up at the hospital with BOTH your car seat properly installed and this book..read! As a grandparent of 5, this is one of the most useful books I have ever read on parenting and quality of life. I also use it's information in my practice as an occupational therapist, coaching my patients through whatever medical trauma they are dealing with. What a gift. Thank you. (And thank you Ms. Hawn for making me laugh since childhood!)
on August 7, 2015
I can't say enough about this book without writing another book in this box... Easy to read and understand with lots of examples to help you learn to be mindful and teach children how their brain works and foster the calm in such a chaotic world. Tattered & torn, highlighted and toted around with this Mom for months, I recommend it to any parent or caregiver to help boost awareness of staying connected within yourself and your children.
on June 18, 2014
I had always wondered why we as humans never prioritized teaching our children respect, compassion, and tolerance as the moral way to live our lives. Not surprisingly my idea of "moral logic" or living mindfully did not happen either in most homes or in the schools where it is sorely needed to provide a positive atmosphere for learning until the mind up program was introduced proving that teaching our children to live mindfully retrains the brain and teaches basic secular human values that enhance our experience emotionally, socially and intellectually.
on December 28, 2012
I discovered and purchased this book to help my grand-nephew. His happiness meter has dropped dramatically over the last year. I also knew that I would have to work on my own happiness meter. I have been a rather cranky person, be it baggage I picked up along the way, self esteem or whatever. I thought I was destine to continue to berate myself and not let go of bad memories. Goldie Hawn has provided me with tools to retrain my brain and its responses. I started reading this book the day I received it. Within the first 10 pages I began to awaken to a new attitude and appreciation for what is around me. I am becoming more present in my life. It takes work, just reading this book is not a magic pill, but I am developing the skill through the exercises to increase the happiness and appreciation in my life. My grand-nephew is 4 and he gets it. "At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you."