Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 393 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 521 reviews
on September 7, 2016
I bought it for my dad for his birthday and he loves the book and said it has helped tremendously. He is getting older and his exercise level has dramatically decreased. He mentioned hearing about this book and said that he was interested in it because he eats more than he ever and is getting more and more unhealthy as he ages. He said he is very grateful to have this book and it has helped him to get back on track.
on November 30, 2014
An interesting review not of diet, in particular, but of eating habits. Very educational in that it points out habits we all have and helps us spot them, for instance how much of a difference it makes to keep snacks at a distance and how using a smaller plate really works to help us cut calories. Very interesting and describes numerous scientific experiments to prove the theses. Bogs down a bit in the end, so 4 stars instead of 5.
on February 26, 2015
Absolutely worth a read. I not only learned from this book, I put some of the ideas into practice and I think I eat fewer calories I don't even miss just following some ideas in here- and it doesn't say WHAT to eat, but how to present it and such. One of his best ideas is smaller serving dishes, and I bought smaller plates and bowls, and we actually eat less! And it doesn't feel like we are deprived in the least. Hear him out- listen to his ideas. It's really interesting.
on March 4, 2017
This is a very good book that helps explain why we eat without thinking. I am a hypnotists and got the book for some ideas.
on January 30, 2017
Excellent informative book. Buy this book if you want great advice on how to lose weight and eat better. My doctor recommended this book to me after he read "Mindless Eating" and followed the Author's terrific ideas and advice.
on April 7, 2014
Actually I read this all the way through! That is a big deal for me! It must have been the humor!
Anyway, Dr. Wansink is very observant about human behavior.... he devotes much of the book to experiments he and his students have conducted, but at the end he gives real and useful tips. The tips are "simple" and not prophetic, but clearly ignored by all those who are overweight. It's kind of like going back to the basics. Measure your food. Serve yourself and don't have free access to constant calories. Pay attention to your meal. Reduce your calorie intake by 200 a day and go for the long haul - better to lose it slowly and only once than to repeat the agony of dieting over and over again. In other words, break the bad habits that have gotten you in this pickle in the first place. Any diet can help you lose weight. I think Dr Wansink's approach will help make a healthier you!
on August 12, 2016
After a lifetime of dieting, I know it doesn't work long-term. I started doing research into the habits of thin people, and it led me to this book. While I would love to lose a pound or two a week, I just can't face counting calories and obsessing over every bite, especially while knowing deep down that it won't last. The "mindless margin": I can do that. The ideas in this book are based on research, and I really like that I am encouraged to choose three strategies (no more) that will work for me.
on January 4, 2016
I enjoyed reading Mindless Eating because of its focus on the psychology of eating. Many of the tips given throughout the book seem reasonable and encourage gradual lifestyle changes instead of quick fix all-or-nothing dietary changes. Wansink's experiments were described very accessibly for non-academic readers. This book is a smart choice for people who want insight on why and how they choose their foods, and it makes the prospect of changing those choices for the better seem doable.
on April 22, 2014
This book combines useful information based on studies and experiments with humour to give us an enjoyable read that we can actually learn from! The ways to change how we eat is reasonable and doable and doesnt frel like a fad diet. Actually this is not a diet book, but a book about how we can take control back when it comes tor ating and not being tricked by how food is marketed.
on October 30, 2014
I really liked this book - it is written in a humorous way and it is a joy to read.
As a person who tends to eat slightly more than I need, I learned a lot of practical suggestions.
There are lots of interesting experiments on eating that Dr. Wansink conducted with his lab that will open your eyes to why you eat the way you do and how you can get into the habit to mindlessly lose weight.
This book advocates losing weight slowly and without making you feel deprived by applying the mindless margin principle - you won't notice if you eat 100-200 calories less per day, but that same amount translates into weighing 10 pounds less after a year.
I highly recommend this book!