Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on June 5, 2014
I would recommend this book ( I have a CD as well) to anyone who struggles /worries about what other people think or believe about you and how that could negatively impact what YOU need/should do in your life......from your own spouse, parents, employers, friends.......this information helps you remember how to NOT let others control you.
on May 31, 2016
A good book but a little confusing if you don't already understand basic psychology. It does contain some interesting statistics however about human nature.
on May 5, 2015
I think we are to quick to Judge Others by there facial expression. This book will help me not to get mad so quickly. Sometimes we need more information before forming an opinion.
on June 10, 2014
I was lucky enough to take Professor Epley's class at Booth which I greatly enjoyed. When I found out he had a book coming out, I ordered it right away! His research is so interesting - it really makes me think about the way I think - and the book is really well written such that a non-academic can easily read and understand it. Epley's gregarious personality really shines through in his writing, making me feel like I was back in the classroom with him. A must-read for those interested in psychology and sociology!
on August 7, 2015
This illuminating book serves as a compelling primer on recent social psychology research. I've bought a few copies, and have personally shared several examples in recent conversations with close friends, teaching colleagues, and former students.
on April 6, 2015
I'm not for long reviews. So hope you don't mind a small review :)

Great book. Lots of insights I hadn't heard form before. Interesting to read and has helped me be more conscious of some biases I didn't know I had. Its helped understand more relationships I have, with colleagues, friends and my wife. Its not the holly grail of anything but it does have some very good points.
on May 14, 2014
Gives a very good insight into how we think we know what others are thinking, but how little we really know. Its something our species is good at, but not as good as we might think. This can lead us to make wrong conclusions and judgements. I found the book very enjoyable and easy to read and it has given me perspective on a range of relationship issues.
on December 30, 2016
An interesting subject made tiresome due to the author's long-winded treatment. If you've read other books touching on this subject then you might find this one repetitive and boring.
on March 3, 2014
Mindwise was an enjoyable read and provided me a wealth of information about personal interactions and relationships. The book was based on the authors own scientific research and referenced additional studies which gives the book a lot of credibility. Epley translates these complicated studies into something we can easily understand and act upon. The take-aways from the book will help readers in work and personal situations.
on August 28, 2016
Easy read, with practical and far reaching implications and applications in personal and professional situations. I'd like to learn more about the author's family.