Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Minecraft: Redstone Handbook: An Official Mojang Book
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on May 1, 2014
This is a very well written book and the cover, binding, and pages are all good quality. Bottom line on the physical quality of the book: Very good. This book will last for a very long time under normal book wear and tear conditions. The content of the book is also very well done and presented. It goes through a lot of redstone components and explains what they do, and also shows you how to build a couple redstone contraptions. I only gave 4 stars however because it really only gives you 10 or so redstone machine plans, all of which are rather easy to build. As a pretty seasoned minecraft player, there wasn't too much new information for me in this book but what was there was very high quality. If it had given more complex redstone machine plans i would have given 5 stars, and I would definitely recommend this book to someone who is either new to minecraft or doesn't understand redstone very much.
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2014
A youtuber by the name of CNBMinecraft seems to be the primary author here. Which is cool because we all had thought he had fallen off the map, but no! He has been busy writing a book on Redstone for Scholastic.
I am kind of sad that he is not listed as the author but rather Scholastic is cited as the primary author.
CNB Minecraft is a great worker of the redstone and has a great youtube channel for walking players through many redstone devices from simple to complex. His methods are both elegant and functional. Often as compact as minecraft will permit.
He brings that same ease of use to this book (by 'scholastic') on how to use and control very simple Redstone devices, all the way up to massive logic arrays. Detailed and illustrated. Anyone who is interested in how to build redstone devices should get this book as it will take you from no knowledge to building computers inside your computer (with redstone)
on April 3, 2014
Best redstone book ever.
I was a noobie to redstone until now. This is the first book related to minecraft that I have ever bought. After reading this book I will consider buying other minecraft books from Mojang.
Redstone is a powerful element within Minecraft. Once you are able to find it and utilize it creatively, you might have more success (and more fun) with the game.

Topics in the book:
- Where to find Redstone Ore
- How to use Redstone dust & torches
- Redstone Challenges - various walkthroughs of things that involve using Redstone
- Community Creations - unique ways that players have built using Redstone
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 11, 2015
My grandson loves anything and everything Minecraft, so when I stumbled upon this series, I just had to buy them. He actually brought the book with us on a car ride and read it instead of playing games on his ipad, which I consider a huge win!
on August 7, 2015
Absolutely perfect for any version of minecraft you are playing. My 8 yo and 6 yo have been using this for 8 months now. They love taking it in car trips and although they both have it memorized they still read it every day. I also found it fairly useful and enjoyable but you can find all the info online if you so choose that route.
on March 19, 2015
My son will read! He will read, he will read, he will read! I'm a book lover and it would kill me to watch my son reject books. He will read any Minecraft book he can find (he also loves Mo Willems, thank God for Elephant and Piggie!) While I would prefer if he played a little less Minecraft, I'm glad he loves it enough to read about it.
on February 1, 2015
I got the Redstone book for my 10 yr old son who was all about the construction book he got for Christmas (hardback also) and wanted this one also. Redstone book shows how to make all those switches and light fixtures work- sometimes secretly and even has directions to make lights come on as it gets dusk...He loves it, it was $5.00 and free Prime shipping...can't beat that!
on July 2, 2014
Grandson is big into Minecraft, Loves this book
on December 27, 2014
My fourth grade son loves this. One thing I didn't understand (and I think I understand what I was told now...)-- Redstone is not found in the pocket editions of Minecraft-- so this book applies more for the computer versions. (I am not sure about X-box or whatever the system is that offers Minecraft)