Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Minecraft” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 23% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
$ 99 $19.99 Save $3.00 (15%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- The infinite possibilities in Minecraft just got bigger! The gaming phenomenon comes to the console with new features designed specifically for Xbox 360.
- Crafting has never been faster and easier! The new crafting interface in Minecraft for Xbox 360 delivers a completely new way to build Minecraft worlds where your imagination is the only limit.
- Learn the basics and master essential skills faster with the all-new Tutorial mode.
- Play Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition with Friends over Xbox LIVE. Combine local split screen* and Xbox LIVE play in any combination up to 8 players. (*Split screen option requires HD TV.)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Experience the gaming phenomenon “Minecraft”, rebuilt for Xbox 360! Create worlds limited only by your imagination. Explore, build, and conquer alone or with your friends via split-screen mode or over Xbox LIVE!* With new features designed specifically for Xbox 360, it’s a whole new way to make your imagination reality!
Imagine it, build it! Minecraft for Xbox 360 lets you create worlds from the comfort of your sofa. Play alone or play with your friends. Explore, build and conquer! At night monsters come out, so make sure to build a shelter before that happens. After that, your world is your imagination. Turn your hours into minutes with Minecraft for Xbox 360!
• The infinite possibilities in Minecraft just got bigger! The gaming phenomenon comes to the console with new features designed specifically for Xbox 360.
• Crafting has never been faster and easier! The new crafting interface in Minecraft for Xbox 360 delivers a completely new way to build Minecraft worlds where your imagination is the only limit.
• Learn the basics and master essential skills faster with the all-new Tutorial mode.
• Play Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition with Friends over Xbox LIVE. Combine local split screen* and Xbox LIVE play in any combination up to 8 players.
• Experience the all-new end-game battle with the Ender Dragon, including 8-player multiplayer, revised for the console edition!
* Split screen option requires HD TV.
Top Customer Reviews
My children have been playing mine craft on the PC, the digital Xbox version, and even the mobile or pocket version for a year. This version that they can see, relate to, and not have to rely on virtual gaming is the best. For some reason, having this on a disc makes all the difference. It is something my autistic son can now relate to. He can just pick up the disc and take it with him to family or friends houses to share. Whereas before they were lugging their whole gaming system.
Anyway mine craft has greatly improved my sons social interaction, his speech, and his self esteem. He realizes that he is the creator of his own world, not only in mine craft but in the real world now. It has opened up so much opportunities for him. It has also taught all of my children the benefits of sharing, and the loving peaceful environments that do exist if only we could all pull together and build them.
You create your world. And there is no game lag with this version. Xbox live is not required. Yeah! You can build almost anything you want with the blocks. Especially if you play in creative mode. Then everything is provided for you. This mode gives you an easy play. Survival mode becomes a small challenge as you have to go out and work for or earn your items and blocks. You must dig for and mine your items. Example. You must first locate 2 sticks, and either 3 diamonds, iron, or cobblestone to make a pick axe that helps you mine blocks. In order to get the iron, you need a stone pickaxe which you make with sticks and cobblestone.Read more ›
Firstly, split-screen multiplayer. This is probably the biggest plus for the console edition. You can play with up to four players on your console, and those players can enter your game at any point as you're playing. You just need to be running the console in HD. (I use a generic HDMI cable.) It's great fun with friends!
Secondly, this edition cannot generate an "infinite" world. Whether above ground or beneath, you will eventually run into an invisible wall. Some will disagree, but I think of this as a plus. A limited (but still rather large) world means you can fill in your world map and explore in a way that feels more immediately rewarding, and you won't get lost as long as you have your map.
Thirdly, the vastly improved crafting system. No longer must you arrange items in specific ways on a grid (often having to look up the various recipes because it's otherwise too cryptic). When you enter the crafting menu it shows you the items you can make and what you need to make them. As long as you have what you need you just select the item you want and it's made! Simple as that.
Finally, the game looks and plays wonderfully on the tv and with the Xbox controller. As soon as you start playing it feels like an upgrade to the Minecraft experience, not a console rehash.
The only downside is you'll lose a lot of time to the game and wonder where the day went, but anyone familiar with the game already knows that!
I highly recommend purchasing this via a digital download because I have encountered numerous issues with the disk version. Problems such as locking up the Xbox when signing in to a profile and sometimes the game wouldn't load at all unless you rebooted the console. Also, you can't install this game from disk so if you want to conserve your console's DVD player you should get the digital version.
This game is a time sink. 4 hours will pass by when you think you have only been playing for an hour.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
They worked good for a while then one ear quit working properly. My son is very disappointed in them since he has only had them for 5 months.Published 1 day ago by melissa eldredge
My kids received this for Christmas 2 years ago. I didn't understand the hype. Yes, it was cool. They could spend hours playing and did some pretty creative things, but quite... Read morePublished 2 days ago by L. S.
I bought this for my brother because he lost his previous copy. It arrived fast and works perfectly. He is very happy with it!Published 3 days ago by Tyler Eaves