Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Minecraft
Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$16.99 - $59.99

on January 23, 2016
I was hesitant to buy the game for my son thinking that he would get bored with it and it would end up in a growing pile of games in our entertainment system.

He played the Pocket Edition on my phone for a while, but so many games bore him after he beats the game....this one has turned out to be different.
The game seems kind of pointless at first, but after evaluating my love/hate relationship with Minecraft, I can say, this is probably one of the best games my son has picked out.

I see that the game does offer some valuable lessons in geology and it has helped his creativity grow by trying to think of new things to build and how to get the materials he would need in order to build it.
I also like that I was able to use Minecraft in our home school model by having him create a world specifically for homework. At the end of every unit I'll write down a project he needs to create on Minecraft with certain requirements to include and then I let him go to town on his project.

So far this year, examples of his creations include the Nina, Santa Maria and Pinta ships when we learned about Christopher Columbus. He has a little farm to recreate Jamestowne as we learned about settlers in America, a duck (chicken) coop from when we learned about the life cycle and hatched baby ducks in our house, and (maybe a little graphic) but a recreation of a witch victim being hung when we learned about the Salem witch trials. Yesterday we finished learning about Inuit Native Americans and he created an igloo in his home school world on Minecraft.
I think that being able to incorporate his favorite game with his education helps give him a break from the mundane and it's also a nice little reminder of everything he's done in school so far. When his friends come over he'll show them his world and explain to them its significance and that makes me feel good that months later he is still able to summarize key ideals that he's learned about each topic and I know that they are sticking with him.
on July 29, 2017
I have 4 children who have all, at one point or another, been obsessed with Minecraft. Our first Xbox360 game was bought several years ago and from all the use it had developed scratches on the disk making it act erratic at times. My daughter received some money for her birthday and insisted she wanted to buy a new Minecraft game. She is thrilled with her purchase and keeps dragging me into the gaming room to show me everything she has built. So glad to see her enjoying building, creating, and designing.
on January 12, 2016
My daughter loves Minecraft. She has been playing this for some time on her phone and PC but now can play it on a big screen. With all the games she can choose from she wants to play a game that looks like an 80's video game. I laugh everytime I see her playing it. Though it seems so basic to me it can keep her occupied for hours. She is so excited to break bricks and see what she is going to find. So happy when she finds some item that she has been looking for or needs to make something. She always wants to show me something new she found or made.

Minecraft can actually be good for kids too. Minecraft encourages kids to be creative and imaginative. Minecraft gives kids creative freedom similar to the way building with legos does. It also teaches the patience and perseverence. There is no instant gratification in the game. They have to work at getting what they want and it takes time. When playing Minecraft they have to use their memory, planning, organizational and problem solving skills. Minecraft is also free of any graphic violence or anything scary. Sure you have some monsters but they are blocky monsters. This is definitely one of the few video games I am happy to see my daughter play.
on March 22, 2016
Minecraft is both a fun and educational game for kids and adults with architectural minds. There are 3 modes to play, Creative, Survival, and Adventure.

-Creative gives you unlimited resources to build and to explore the different functions of potions and tools. The monsters do not attack and so there is no chance of dying.
-Survival is the game play itself. You have to find, build, and use the elements of the game to survive the monsters that lurk around. You can build portals in each mode but you are not protected. You have to earn and make the armor and battle tools in order to survive.
-We have not tried Adventure yet but we will soon get to it!

Minecraft is definitely a very enjoyable game with wonderful background music and relaxing entertainment. The game does not have a specified story line (there is Minecraft story lines you can purchase separately) so it's there is no pressure to complete missions which gives endless game play! My 7 year old is a very artistic child and this is a game I feel ok with him playing for long amounts of time. I know that it's not encouraging violence and blood lust but giving him a chance to explore his creativity in building his own world. It's not super fun to watch for a long time but playing is very fun!
on December 22, 2016
This the most fascinating game for kids and adults. Parents that don't understand why their kids are so into this game have to try it themselves. Go on an adventure with your kid! Play survival on difficult level if your child is experienced. Learn to survive in the wild, build a house together, explore, build a city or go spelunking. There's so much to do! I play with my husband everyday and sometimes we let kids play in our world but they have to behave.
There's Minecraft etiquette when playing on-line with strangers. Schools are using this as a learning tool I hear. It teaches you architecture, engineering, city-planning, agriculture, mathematics, Map reading, it teaches social skills and so much more.
Let your child play as long as they want, even better join them for an adventure on a split screen, it'll be some good quality time with mom or dad.
Let them lead, listen to them and you'll be surprised at how bright and resourceful your young one is. Enjoy.
If you find the game to jerky then adjust that in control settings.
on July 16, 2014
First off, let me say that I haven't played the computer version, therefore I can't compare the two (although a friend says they are about the same) but I can say this is a great game. There's so much to do across a huge world. For all the people out there who like survival games, this is actually a pretty good one. You start off with either nothing or nearly nothing (you choose the option) and it's a game of how long can you live before a silent but deadly exploding creeper blows you the Nether. Build a hopefully impenetrable house with your wheat farm and chicken pen right outside and it's still difficult. But for me where this game shines is the Creative mode. Be the envy of your friends with replicas of the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, or Big Ben. Want a house in the clouds or a home surrounded by lava in a Hell-like setting? It can be done. I've got a working roller coaster around my world. And that's another thing, your world will not be like any of your friend's worlds (there's like 300 trillion different combinations of code that create worlds) unless you use a seed to generate a world. All in all I gave this game 5/5 because of the vastness of creative possibilities, the challenges of Survival mode, and the way you can drop in to anybody's world at any time to help (or hinder *evil laugh*) them. I had gotten this for my sister, and now it stays at my house more than her's, so I've got to order another now.
on June 3, 2014
The item arrived as stated, new, factory sealed, and without damage. Personally, I don't get the appeal, but it keeps my 6 and 8 y/o kids entertained for hours. The game is age appropriate without a bunch of gory detail as in many, so I have no worries with leaving the kids to play with minimal supervision.
on August 22, 2016
Works fine at the menu, but once I went through the game, it was very slow. It would freeze when I began the tutorial. There are only a few scratches on the disc here and there, but the game continues to freeze and is frustrating me. Be careful. Still very dissapointed
on January 13, 2016
I love this game, it's very relaxing when I just want to build stuff and listen to the music. The multiplayer is also enjoyable where you can play split-screen (up to 4 players) locally or online through xbox live. There was a recent update where some other features had been added. I started playing this game on the PC version which generates much larger worlds and includes all of the features this game has to offer. However, I like that the Xbox360 generates smaller worlds and the interface makes it easy to craft things. This is a great family game for kids and adults alike.
on June 4, 2014
My kids love this game. They have played it on their ipods for a long time but finally decided to go to the big screen. The game is essentially endless, so they can play it for as long as they can think of stuff to build. I like the fact that it isn't just a mindless game filled with violence. They actually have to use their imagination & build whatever they can think up. Well worth the money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.