Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,544 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,818 reviews
on May 20, 2014
My 4 and 6 year old love this game. I let them play when the weather is bad outside and it keeps them entertained. My husband and I even find ourselves building too. My children play together at the same time and make little games up while they play. I let them play in creative/peaceful mode so they have an infinite amount of items to use and do not have to worry about creepers or zombies taking them out of game play as in survival mode. I like that they use their imagination to construct various things and even take care of animals. Make sure you have your Xbox 360 hooked up with an HDMI cable and your console settings set to 720 pixels or higher or you will be unable to play with two players simultaneously. Ours is set at 1080 and the graphics are awesome. The controls are easy to get used to and my four year old plays this with ease. We have Skylanders and Disney Infinity but this game gets more love from the children, I highly recommend it. Older users have the option to play online with others. If you are still on the fence about getting this game there are over a hundred YouTube videos showing gameplay. I recommend viewing videos created by Stampylongnose...He shows how to build so many different things and his language is not vulgar so your children can watch the videos as well.
on May 10, 2016
Minecraft! That world of wonder that started it all for me. I was never much of a sand box type gamer until I fell in love with Minecraft. This particular version is very nice. You are able to play on your XBOX 360 and this is the version I first played Minecraft on. Minecraft is a world where you build, create, and survive in a voxel universe. The sky is really the limit for aspiring builders. I bought this one for my son who is far away from me. We play together via Xbox Live and I can say that Minecraft has brought my family closer together. I felt comfortable purchasing it originally for them ( and myself!) when they were younger, and it has stood the test of time with both my children, being a game they like to return to and never seem to get bored with. I now own every version possible of this game and I love it!
review image
on October 31, 2015
This game is addictive! I don't tend to follow trends, and never understood what the game was about. It looked childish and boring. Then I picked up a copy on a whim and threw it in when my buddy was over. We played all night, continuously asking ourselves "why is this so fun?" I started playing pretty much every day, building an intricate world with my wife. She started buying the texture packs to make the world look different. I build functional things and she builds beautiful things and buildings. As a real-world engineer, I've really had fun building rail systems with switching logic. We don't watch much TV any more, we've even started getting DVR full warnings... The game is huge and completely open in a way I've never experienced before. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes RPGs or building things in real life.
on January 23, 2016
I was hesitant to buy the game for my son thinking that he would get bored with it and it would end up in a growing pile of games in our entertainment system.

He played the Pocket Edition on my phone for a while, but so many games bore him after he beats the game....this one has turned out to be different.
The game seems kind of pointless at first, but after evaluating my love/hate relationship with Minecraft, I can say, this is probably one of the best games my son has picked out.

I see that the game does offer some valuable lessons in geology and it has helped his creativity grow by trying to think of new things to build and how to get the materials he would need in order to build it.
I also like that I was able to use Minecraft in our home school model by having him create a world specifically for homework. At the end of every unit I'll write down a project he needs to create on Minecraft with certain requirements to include and then I let him go to town on his project.

So far this year, examples of his creations include the Nina, Santa Maria and Pinta ships when we learned about Christopher Columbus. He has a little farm to recreate Jamestowne as we learned about settlers in America, a duck (chicken) coop from when we learned about the life cycle and hatched baby ducks in our house, and (maybe a little graphic) but a recreation of a witch victim being hung when we learned about the Salem witch trials. Yesterday we finished learning about Inuit Native Americans and he created an igloo in his home school world on Minecraft.
I think that being able to incorporate his favorite game with his education helps give him a break from the mundane and it's also a nice little reminder of everything he's done in school so far. When his friends come over he'll show them his world and explain to them its significance and that makes me feel good that months later he is still able to summarize key ideals that he's learned about each topic and I know that they are sticking with him.
on January 8, 2016
Anyone who has played Minecraft on PC knows what to expect from the game on Xbox 360. It's the same game, but there are enough differences to justify owning the console version in addition to the PC version. Firstly, split-screen multiplayer. This is probably the biggest plus for the console edition. You can play with up to four players on your console, and those players can enter your game at any point as you're playing. You just need to be running the console in HD. (I use a generic HDMI cable.) It's great fun with friends! Secondly, this edition cannot generate an "infinite" world. Whether above ground or beneath, you will eventually run into an invisible wall. Some will disagree, but I think of this as a plus. A limited (but still rather large) world means you can fill in your world map and explore in a way that feels more immediately rewarding, and you won't get lost as long as you have your map. Thirdly, the vastly improved crafting system. No longer must you arrange items in specific ways on a grid (often having to look up the various recipes because it's otherwise too cryptic). When you enter the crafting menu it shows you the items you can make and what you need to make them. As long as you have what you need you just select the item you want and it's made! Simple as that. Finally, the game looks and plays wonderfully on the tv and with the Xbox controller. As soon as you start playing it feels like an upgrade to the Minecraft experience, not a console rehash. The only downside is you'll lose a lot of time to the game and wonder where the day went, but anyone familiar with the game already knows that!
on February 26, 2015
If you haven't heard of Minecraft you are probably not really a gamer.

Minecraft is a build your own adventure type game. You can play alone or with 7 other people at once. You cut down trees, smelt sand to make glass, tame horses, wolves and ocelots to make pets. You can raise, sheep, pigs, cows and chickens, for meat, wool, milk and leather. You can fight zombies, skeletons, creepers (green monster with 4 feet that can explode) witches, endedmen and perhaps a dozen more from mini zombies to magacubes. There are 3 lands you can go to the overworld The End and the Nether. You collect goods like diamonds, emeralds, gold, iron, stone cobble stone to make tools and at our.

Build your own house to any specification you desire, make it big and elaborate or small and efficient. Cook food, craft potions, trade with villagers, hunt, farm. The possibilities are endless.

There is no story line to actual game of Minecraft, but fan fixture and a back story exist to Minecraft if you care to look it up.

I enjoy this game, I play with my 14 year old son. I like getting the animals my self raising a huge pack of dogs and exploring the. At on horse back. The game can be a lot of fun. I play on XBOX 360 however you can play on Playstation 3 maybe, PS4 for certain, XBOX One, Playstation Vita, iPads, iPhone, perhaps other smart phones, & computer with even more people, items and maps. I don't know if the Nintendo has a Minecraft or not.
on March 22, 2016
Minecraft is both a fun and educational game for kids and adults with architectural minds. There are 3 modes to play, Creative, Survival, and Adventure.

-Creative gives you unlimited resources to build and to explore the different functions of potions and tools. The monsters do not attack and so there is no chance of dying.
-Survival is the game play itself. You have to find, build, and use the elements of the game to survive the monsters that lurk around. You can build portals in each mode but you are not protected. You have to earn and make the armor and battle tools in order to survive.
-We have not tried Adventure yet but we will soon get to it!

Minecraft is definitely a very enjoyable game with wonderful background music and relaxing entertainment. The game does not have a specified story line (there is Minecraft story lines you can purchase separately) so it's there is no pressure to complete missions which gives endless game play! My 7 year old is a very artistic child and this is a game I feel ok with him playing for long amounts of time. I know that it's not encouraging violence and blood lust but giving him a chance to explore his creativity in building his own world. It's not super fun to watch for a long time but playing is very fun!
on January 12, 2016
My daughter loves Minecraft. She has been playing this for some time on her phone and PC but now can play it on a big screen. With all the games she can choose from she wants to play a game that looks like an 80's video game. I laugh everytime I see her playing it. Though it seems so basic to me it can keep her occupied for hours. She is so excited to break bricks and see what she is going to find. So happy when she finds some item that she has been looking for or needs to make something. She always wants to show me something new she found or made.

Minecraft can actually be good for kids too. Minecraft encourages kids to be creative and imaginative. Minecraft gives kids creative freedom similar to the way building with legos does. It also teaches the patience and perseverence. There is no instant gratification in the game. They have to work at getting what they want and it takes time. When playing Minecraft they have to use their memory, planning, organizational and problem solving skills. Minecraft is also free of any graphic violence or anything scary. Sure you have some monsters but they are blocky monsters. This is definitely one of the few video games I am happy to see my daughter play.
on April 28, 2014
My son loves this game. It is very addicting and I don't know why. It's not violent so I am not complaining.

He creates his own world using blocks. Everything has cubed look to it - from the chickens to the clouds. He plays in "creative mode" so he just builds or mines for minerals in the ground. The background music is calm and relaxing. He can easily play for hours but I limit it to an hour at the most. He mentioned that in "survival mode" there are zombies that come out at night, but my son prefers to play in creative mode.

He bought two books on Minecraft which gives him more hints on how to play the game. He's hooked.
on December 22, 2016
This the most fascinating game for kids and adults. Parents that don't understand why their kids are so into this game have to try it themselves. Go on an adventure with your kid! Play survival on difficult level if your child is experienced. Learn to survive in the wild, build a house together, explore, build a city or go spelunking. There's so much to do! I play with my husband everyday and sometimes we let kids play in our world but they have to behave.
There's Minecraft etiquette when playing on-line with strangers. Schools are using this as a learning tool I hear. It teaches you architecture, engineering, city-planning, agriculture, mathematics, Map reading, it teaches social skills and so much more.
Let your child play as long as they want, even better join them for an adventure on a split screen, it'll be some good quality time with mom or dad.
Let them lead, listen to them and you'll be surprised at how bright and resourceful your young one is. Enjoy.
If you find the game to jerky then adjust that in control settings.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.