Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Minecraft
Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change
Price:$16.95 - $74.00

on February 21, 2014
Appropriately dubbed a "Sandbox game" – gameplay is only limited by a player's imagination. Easy enough for kids but plenty deep for adults, it's a welcome change from all the pseudomilitary "1st. Person Shooter" games that have dominated the marketplace for so long.

This game incorporates building with blocks (houses, farms), mining for raw materials, "crafting" (making things by following a sort of recipe), farming, exploring, battling monsters, or even playing cooperative games like Capture the Flag online, if that's where your tastes run. It's your "sandbox" so you can play however you want.

One caveat: since this game was originally a download for pc's its documentation is nil. (Seriously - not just inadequate, but NONE.) You *can* try to muddle through by trial and error, but there are better ways. This game is disceptively deep; to have fun from the getgo, it can be helpful to hold off starting your game until you've flipped through a few of the easy "tips for getting started" -type files from among a plethora of Minecraft material both on the net and especially on YouTube, where you'll find many entertaining "walkthrus" for various aspects of Minecrafting. If you don't mind a little reading and like to have your references to-hand (like myself), I really recommend simultaneous purchase of one of the many reasonably priced MineCraft books available to get you REALLY kickstarted on this highly recommended game!
on August 2, 2016
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my 10 year old who grandson who apparently cannot tear himself away from this game, so I guess it's a hit! I, myself, have consecutively become my daughter's worst enemy, and my grandson's gift giving hero, so it's a double edged sword, I suppose. My grandson says the graphics aren't the best he's played with, but he loves the building, creativity it inspires, and the endless hours of entertainment he and his cousins, younger and older, get from playing this together.
on July 29, 2017
I have 4 children who have all, at one point or another, been obsessed with Minecraft. Our first Xbox360 game was bought several years ago and from all the use it had developed scratches on the disk making it act erratic at times. My daughter received some money for her birthday and insisted she wanted to buy a new Minecraft game. She is thrilled with her purchase and keeps dragging me into the gaming room to show me everything she has built. So glad to see her enjoying building, creating, and designing.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 3, 2014
The item arrived as stated, new, factory sealed, and without damage. Personally, I don't get the appeal, but it keeps my 6 and 8 y/o kids entertained for hours. The game is age appropriate without a bunch of gory detail as in many, so I have no worries with leaving the kids to play with minimal supervision.
on March 16, 2014
Oh boy where do I begin. This whole minecraft craze has taken over in my house with my 3 boys. Who knew pixelated squares and 80's visual effects would/could be so popular again. I'm half tempted to get an Atari next! ha ha
It's a great game where you can build inside a world, take on night time dangers, get leather and meat from cows, build things from the wood you get etc. SO worth the $. Make sure you have an HD TV or get the special HD AV cable cord so you can have multiple players. It took us awhile to figure that out. We have an HD TV and couldn't figure out why the HDMI cord it came with didn't work for 2+players. You have to purchase this separately if you don't have it already. Overall a great clean game for kids
things I don't like. I'm not a big fan of my kids playing games where they kill things, but it's not realistic at all, so for an overprotective mom, that helps. :)
on August 22, 2016
Works fine at the menu, but once I went through the game, it was very slow. It would freeze when I began the tutorial. There are only a few scratches on the disc here and there, but the game continues to freeze and is frustrating me. Be careful. Still very dissapointed
on January 13, 2016
I love this game, it's very relaxing when I just want to build stuff and listen to the music. The multiplayer is also enjoyable where you can play split-screen (up to 4 players) locally or online through xbox live. There was a recent update where some other features had been added. I started playing this game on the PC version which generates much larger worlds and includes all of the features this game has to offer. However, I like that the Xbox360 generates smaller worlds and the interface makes it easy to craft things. This is a great family game for kids and adults alike.
on June 4, 2014
My kids love this game. They have played it on their ipods for a long time but finally decided to go to the big screen. The game is essentially endless, so they can play it for as long as they can think of stuff to build. I like the fact that it isn't just a mindless game filled with violence. They actually have to use their imagination & build whatever they can think up. Well worth the money.
Top Contributor: Watcheson January 26, 2016
It arrived on time, as described by Amazon & manufacturer, the packaging was undamaged, and the product itself was unmolested and made with quality materials. These graphics have always bothered me, I'm 48, I had a Nintendo and commodore 64 ok, these are the graphics my generation ran screaming away from for Heaven's sake!!!! Anywho, he loves it, and the game is akin to the online PC version.
on August 1, 2017
Got this game for my son over the summer and he plays it all the time. He is Minecraft crazy now, wants everything Minecraft, talks about Minecraft alllll day...it's pretty cool. Building stuff, and it actually makes you think and create, so I am going to say partly educational! It's fun for adults and kids. Nice to have a game where you just play at your own pace.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.