Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,488 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,761 reviews
on May 20, 2014
My 4 and 6 year old love this game. I let them play when the weather is bad outside and it keeps them entertained. My husband and I even find ourselves building too. My children play together at the same time and make little games up while they play. I let them play in creative/peaceful mode so they have an infinite amount of items to use and do not have to worry about creepers or zombies taking them out of game play as in survival mode. I like that they use their imagination to construct various things and even take care of animals. Make sure you have your Xbox 360 hooked up with an HDMI cable and your console settings set to 720 pixels or higher or you will be unable to play with two players simultaneously. Ours is set at 1080 and the graphics are awesome. The controls are easy to get used to and my four year old plays this with ease. We have Skylanders and Disney Infinity but this game gets more love from the children, I highly recommend it. Older users have the option to play online with others. If you are still on the fence about getting this game there are over a hundred YouTube videos showing gameplay. I recommend viewing videos created by Stampylongnose...He shows how to build so many different things and his language is not vulgar so your children can watch the videos as well.
on February 27, 2014
This is a nice, clean, creative game which is truly for everyone. We have 5 kids ranging from 13 down to 2 yr old twins, and everyone of them has created their own little world that will keep them going as long as you let them stay on the dang X-box.

There are some gross wee things, but not blood and gore. It's a perfect game, if you're looking for something safe and not completely mind numbing.
on May 10, 2016
Minecraft! That world of wonder that started it all for me. I was never much of a sand box type gamer until I fell in love with Minecraft. This particular version is very nice. You are able to play on your XBOX 360 and this is the version I first played Minecraft on. Minecraft is a world where you build, create, and survive in a voxel universe. The sky is really the limit for aspiring builders. I bought this one for my son who is far away from me. We play together via Xbox Live and I can say that Minecraft has brought my family closer together. I felt comfortable purchasing it originally for them ( and myself!) when they were younger, and it has stood the test of time with both my children, being a game they like to return to and never seem to get bored with. I now own every version possible of this game and I love it!
review image
on August 14, 2016
Bought this for my daughter for Christmas and she loves it. I am however learning just how creative she is. For example, in some of her houses she hides pigs in the walls so when you walk through you hear the sounds of these trapped pigs. There are also other animals shoved in confined spaces, under floors, co-living with an absurd amount of other creatures, and other various and strange living arrangements. She also built a humongous slender man in the game which is pretty creative and neat-o.
on December 24, 2013
Bought this for my 8 year old son who enjoyed the arcade version. He spends a lot of time playing Minecraft. The graphics remind you of the old 16 or 32 Bit cartridges from the Atari generation but its definitely a kids game.
on October 31, 2015
This game is addictive! I don't tend to follow trends, and never understood what the game was about. It looked childish and boring. Then I picked up a copy on a whim and threw it in when my buddy was over. We played all night, continuously asking ourselves "why is this so fun?" I started playing pretty much every day, building an intricate world with my wife. She started buying the texture packs to make the world look different. I build functional things and she builds beautiful things and buildings. As a real-world engineer, I've really had fun building rail systems with switching logic. We don't watch much TV any more, we've even started getting DVR full warnings... The game is huge and completely open in a way I've never experienced before. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes RPGs or building things in real life.
on July 16, 2014
First off, let me say that I haven't played the computer version, therefore I can't compare the two (although a friend says they are about the same) but I can say this is a great game. There's so much to do across a huge world. For all the people out there who like survival games, this is actually a pretty good one. You start off with either nothing or nearly nothing (you choose the option) and it's a game of how long can you live before a silent but deadly exploding creeper blows you the Nether. Build a hopefully impenetrable house with your wheat farm and chicken pen right outside and it's still difficult. But for me where this game shines is the Creative mode. Be the envy of your friends with replicas of the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, or Big Ben. Want a house in the clouds or a home surrounded by lava in a Hell-like setting? It can be done. I've got a working roller coaster around my world. And that's another thing, your world will not be like any of your friend's worlds (there's like 300 trillion different combinations of code that create worlds) unless you use a seed to generate a world. All in all I gave this game 5/5 because of the vastness of creative possibilities, the challenges of Survival mode, and the way you can drop in to anybody's world at any time to help (or hinder *evil laugh*) them. I had gotten this for my sister, and now it stays at my house more than her's, so I've got to order another now.
on April 23, 2016
Minecraft is a great game for all ages. It is a virtual sandbox building game. You use blocks to build, create and are in charge of your own world. You gather from the land around you, fight enemies and explore. I have 4 boys ages 8, 14, 21 and 25 that all play this game and really enjoy it. In watching them play I cannot say that I see anything that I don't approve of or have any issues with. On the surface it is a simple concept, but the possibilities are endless as to what you can build and create and I am amazed at the complexity of some of the structures and features that they have built. This game can accommodate up to four players in a multiplayer game.
on April 28, 2014
My son loves this game. It is very addicting and I don't know why. It's not violent so I am not complaining.

He creates his own world using blocks. Everything has cubed look to it - from the chickens to the clouds. He plays in "creative mode" so he just builds or mines for minerals in the ground. The background music is calm and relaxing. He can easily play for hours but I limit it to an hour at the most. He mentioned that in "survival mode" there are zombies that come out at night, but my son prefers to play in creative mode.

He bought two books on Minecraft which gives him more hints on how to play the game. He's hooked.
on December 22, 2016
This the most fascinating game for kids and adults. Parents that don't understand why their kids are so into this game have to try it themselves. Go on an adventure with your kid! Play survival on difficult level if your child is experienced. Learn to survive in the wild, build a house together, explore, build a city or go spelunking. There's so much to do! I play with my husband everyday and sometimes we let kids play in our world but they have to behave.
There's Minecraft etiquette when playing on-line with strangers. Schools are using this as a learning tool I hear. It teaches you architecture, engineering, city-planning, agriculture, mathematics, Map reading, it teaches social skills and so much more.
Let your child play as long as they want, even better join them for an adventure on a split screen, it'll be some good quality time with mom or dad.
Let them lead, listen to them and you'll be surprised at how bright and resourceful your young one is. Enjoy.
If you find the game to jerky then adjust that in control settings.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.