Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,525 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,798 reviews
on May 20, 2014
My 4 and 6 year old love this game. I let them play when the weather is bad outside and it keeps them entertained. My husband and I even find ourselves building too. My children play together at the same time and make little games up while they play. I let them play in creative/peaceful mode so they have an infinite amount of items to use and do not have to worry about creepers or zombies taking them out of game play as in survival mode. I like that they use their imagination to construct various things and even take care of animals. Make sure you have your Xbox 360 hooked up with an HDMI cable and your console settings set to 720 pixels or higher or you will be unable to play with two players simultaneously. Ours is set at 1080 and the graphics are awesome. The controls are easy to get used to and my four year old plays this with ease. We have Skylanders and Disney Infinity but this game gets more love from the children, I highly recommend it. Older users have the option to play online with others. If you are still on the fence about getting this game there are over a hundred YouTube videos showing gameplay. I recommend viewing videos created by Stampylongnose...He shows how to build so many different things and his language is not vulgar so your children can watch the videos as well.
on October 31, 2015
This game is addictive! I don't tend to follow trends, and never understood what the game was about. It looked childish and boring. Then I picked up a copy on a whim and threw it in when my buddy was over. We played all night, continuously asking ourselves "why is this so fun?" I started playing pretty much every day, building an intricate world with my wife. She started buying the texture packs to make the world look different. I build functional things and she builds beautiful things and buildings. As a real-world engineer, I've really had fun building rail systems with switching logic. We don't watch much TV any more, we've even started getting DVR full warnings... The game is huge and completely open in a way I've never experienced before. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes RPGs or building things in real life.
on May 10, 2016
Minecraft! That world of wonder that started it all for me. I was never much of a sand box type gamer until I fell in love with Minecraft. This particular version is very nice. You are able to play on your XBOX 360 and this is the version I first played Minecraft on. Minecraft is a world where you build, create, and survive in a voxel universe. The sky is really the limit for aspiring builders. I bought this one for my son who is far away from me. We play together via Xbox Live and I can say that Minecraft has brought my family closer together. I felt comfortable purchasing it originally for them ( and myself!) when they were younger, and it has stood the test of time with both my children, being a game they like to return to and never seem to get bored with. I now own every version possible of this game and I love it!
review image
on July 16, 2014
First off, let me say that I haven't played the computer version, therefore I can't compare the two (although a friend says they are about the same) but I can say this is a great game. There's so much to do across a huge world. For all the people out there who like survival games, this is actually a pretty good one. You start off with either nothing or nearly nothing (you choose the option) and it's a game of how long can you live before a silent but deadly exploding creeper blows you the Nether. Build a hopefully impenetrable house with your wheat farm and chicken pen right outside and it's still difficult. But for me where this game shines is the Creative mode. Be the envy of your friends with replicas of the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, or Big Ben. Want a house in the clouds or a home surrounded by lava in a Hell-like setting? It can be done. I've got a working roller coaster around my world. And that's another thing, your world will not be like any of your friend's worlds (there's like 300 trillion different combinations of code that create worlds) unless you use a seed to generate a world. All in all I gave this game 5/5 because of the vastness of creative possibilities, the challenges of Survival mode, and the way you can drop in to anybody's world at any time to help (or hinder *evil laugh*) them. I had gotten this for my sister, and now it stays at my house more than her's, so I've got to order another now.
on April 23, 2016
Minecraft is a great game for all ages. It is a virtual sandbox building game. You use blocks to build, create and are in charge of your own world. You gather from the land around you, fight enemies and explore. I have 4 boys ages 8, 14, 21 and 25 that all play this game and really enjoy it. In watching them play I cannot say that I see anything that I don't approve of or have any issues with. On the surface it is a simple concept, but the possibilities are endless as to what you can build and create and I am amazed at the complexity of some of the structures and features that they have built. This game can accommodate up to four players in a multiplayer game.
on April 28, 2014
My son loves this game. It is very addicting and I don't know why. It's not violent so I am not complaining.

He creates his own world using blocks. Everything has cubed look to it - from the chickens to the clouds. He plays in "creative mode" so he just builds or mines for minerals in the ground. The background music is calm and relaxing. He can easily play for hours but I limit it to an hour at the most. He mentioned that in "survival mode" there are zombies that come out at night, but my son prefers to play in creative mode.

He bought two books on Minecraft which gives him more hints on how to play the game. He's hooked.
on December 22, 2016
This the most fascinating game for kids and adults. Parents that don't understand why their kids are so into this game have to try it themselves. Go on an adventure with your kid! Play survival on difficult level if your child is experienced. Learn to survive in the wild, build a house together, explore, build a city or go spelunking. There's so much to do! I play with my husband everyday and sometimes we let kids play in our world but they have to behave.
There's Minecraft etiquette when playing on-line with strangers. Schools are using this as a learning tool I hear. It teaches you architecture, engineering, city-planning, agriculture, mathematics, Map reading, it teaches social skills and so much more.
Let your child play as long as they want, even better join them for an adventure on a split screen, it'll be some good quality time with mom or dad.
Let them lead, listen to them and you'll be surprised at how bright and resourceful your young one is. Enjoy.
If you find the game to jerky then adjust that in control settings.
on March 7, 2015
My son ordered this through my account. He saved and saved for it, had to have it. Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it's MINECRAFT for XBOX, I HAVE to have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T live without it!
Okay, maybe he wasn't quite that dramatic but it was darn close.
It arrived within 2 days of ordering and he was extremely happy.
He wasn't thrilled that the world's weren't never ending (I have no idea what this means but it seems important to him). He says they NEED to be never ending what's the point (again I have no idea).
The rest he was pleased with. He loves that he can join his friends places. I've again no idea.
Yes, I'm THAT parent..............
on January 23, 2016
I was hesitant to buy the game for my son thinking that he would get bored with it and it would end up in a growing pile of games in our entertainment system.

He played the Pocket Edition on my phone for a while, but so many games bore him after he beats the game....this one has turned out to be different.
The game seems kind of pointless at first, but after evaluating my love/hate relationship with Minecraft, I can say, this is probably one of the best games my son has picked out.

I see that the game does offer some valuable lessons in geology and it has helped his creativity grow by trying to think of new things to build and how to get the materials he would need in order to build it.
I also like that I was able to use Minecraft in our home school model by having him create a world specifically for homework. At the end of every unit I'll write down a project he needs to create on Minecraft with certain requirements to include and then I let him go to town on his project.

So far this year, examples of his creations include the Nina, Santa Maria and Pinta ships when we learned about Christopher Columbus. He has a little farm to recreate Jamestowne as we learned about settlers in America, a duck (chicken) coop from when we learned about the life cycle and hatched baby ducks in our house, and (maybe a little graphic) but a recreation of a witch victim being hung when we learned about the Salem witch trials. Yesterday we finished learning about Inuit Native Americans and he created an igloo in his home school world on Minecraft.
I think that being able to incorporate his favorite game with his education helps give him a break from the mundane and it's also a nice little reminder of everything he's done in school so far. When his friends come over he'll show them his world and explain to them its significance and that makes me feel good that months later he is still able to summarize key ideals that he's learned about each topic and I know that they are sticking with him.
on February 21, 2014
Appropriately dubbed a "Sandbox game" – gameplay is only limited by a player's imagination. Easy enough for kids but plenty deep for adults, it's a welcome change from all the pseudomilitary "1st. Person Shooter" games that have dominated the marketplace for so long.

This game incorporates building with blocks (houses, farms), mining for raw materials, "crafting" (making things by following a sort of recipe), farming, exploring, battling monsters, or even playing cooperative games like Capture the Flag online, if that's where your tastes run. It's your "sandbox" so you can play however you want.

One caveat: since this game was originally a download for pc's its documentation is nil. (Seriously - not just inadequate, but NONE.) You *can* try to muddle through by trial and error, but there are better ways. This game is disceptively deep; to have fun from the getgo, it can be helpful to hold off starting your game until you've flipped through a few of the easy "tips for getting started" -type files from among a plethora of Minecraft material both on the net and especially on YouTube, where you'll find many entertaining "walkthrus" for various aspects of Minecrafting. If you don't mind a little reading and like to have your references to-hand (like myself), I really recommend simultaneous purchase of one of the many reasonably priced MineCraft books available to get you REALLY kickstarted on this highly recommended game!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.