Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Minecraft
Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard|Change

on July 16, 2014
First off, let me say that I haven't played the computer version, therefore I can't compare the two (although a friend says they are about the same) but I can say this is a great game. There's so much to do across a huge world. For all the people out there who like survival games, this is actually a pretty good one. You start off with either nothing or nearly nothing (you choose the option) and it's a game of how long can you live before a silent but deadly exploding creeper blows you the Nether. Build a hopefully impenetrable house with your wheat farm and chicken pen right outside and it's still difficult. But for me where this game shines is the Creative mode. Be the envy of your friends with replicas of the Golden Gate Bridge, Statue of Liberty, or Big Ben. Want a house in the clouds or a home surrounded by lava in a Hell-like setting? It can be done. I've got a working roller coaster around my world. And that's another thing, your world will not be like any of your friend's worlds (there's like 300 trillion different combinations of code that create worlds) unless you use a seed to generate a world. All in all I gave this game 5/5 because of the vastness of creative possibilities, the challenges of Survival mode, and the way you can drop in to anybody's world at any time to help (or hinder *evil laugh*) them. I had gotten this for my sister, and now it stays at my house more than her's, so I've got to order another now.
on August 30, 2016
I watch a couple of boys (ages 5 & 3) during the week and we are always playing xbox! I got tired of seeing the same old games (especially the Black Ops where they are killing everyone), so I asked the five year old to pick one out one day while I was shopping on Amazon. He picked this one and has not stopped playing it since it arrived at his house!!!! We haven't figured out how to get to the different levels yet, but this means that he will be playing it for a long time since there are other levels to play on. Great purchase and VERY HOT GAME!!!
on April 28, 2014
My son loves this game. It is very addicting and I don't know why. It's not violent so I am not complaining.

He creates his own world using blocks. Everything has cubed look to it - from the chickens to the clouds. He plays in "creative mode" so he just builds or mines for minerals in the ground. The background music is calm and relaxing. He can easily play for hours but I limit it to an hour at the most. He mentioned that in "survival mode" there are zombies that come out at night, but my son prefers to play in creative mode.

He bought two books on Minecraft which gives him more hints on how to play the game. He's hooked.
on July 9, 2016
First off, this is an excellent game and aside from the Amazon aspect of this game, I highly recommend purchasing it and playing it.. If you haven't already, do so NOW! Now, as for the actual product review aspect of it, I have no complaints. It arrived on time in excellent condition, not problem there. The game (for me) came with a sturdy case. I mean, it's just a generic case, but I feel like this is was a little stronger because it's been through a lot and is still in excellent condition. Long story short, in both aspects of this being a good game and it also being a good product, I highly recommend purchasing this product from Amazon. It's cheaper than most places and if you don't mind waiting a little bit for it to come in, then it's definitely worth it. Great buy!
on April 16, 2014
The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes. Minecraft can be a real blast when played solo, but it's often a lot more fun when you've got friends messing around in the world alongside you. Setting up a proper co-op game on PC is a patience-draining nightmare that requires extra software downloads, server configuring, and far more irritating hoop-jumping than the average person has patience for. Multiplayer is a whole new deal now, thanks to the ease of access and functionality of Xbox Live, which allows for seamless drop-in co-op and party chat. You can invite friends to join your worlds-in-progress or leave them open for others to hop into while you're playing.

Either way it's a good time, and the lack of heinous setup mumbo jumbo is a welcome change of pace. Going one step further, the 360 edition also features split-screen co-op for up to four players. If you've got a large enough screen, a big comfy couch, some tasty beverages, and good grub, then this is the way to go for party play.

Unfortunately, a few excellent updates aren't a good trade-off for all of the content from the PC version that's missing. The 360 edition is a port of an older pre-Adventure Update Beta version of the game, which means the features, items, and updates that didn't make the cut this time around are pretty significant, and it shows. The variety of unique biome environments is limited, certain craftable items and resources aren't available, and some of the more exciting creatures are absent. There's no hunger or experience system, no alchemy or weapon buffing, and no Ender Dragon to hunt down and defeat. The free-form Creative mode is MIA too, leaving Survival mode as your only play option.
on July 22, 2016
My kids received this for Christmas 2 years ago. I didn't understand the hype. Yes, it was cool. They could spend hours playing and did some pretty creative things, but quite frankly I couldn't stand to watch because the point of view made me dizzy.

Fast-forward to this spring when a sick kid asks mom to please keep her company while the others are at school...

Let's just say we had to order 2 more PS2 remotes so 4 can play at once. ;) Highly addicting, endlessly creative, entertaining game! It lives up to the hype.
on February 21, 2014
Appropriately dubbed a "Sandbox game" – gameplay is only limited by a player's imagination. Easy enough for kids but plenty deep for adults, it's a welcome change from all the pseudomilitary "1st. Person Shooter" games that have dominated the marketplace for so long.

This game incorporates building with blocks (houses, farms), mining for raw materials, "crafting" (making things by following a sort of recipe), farming, exploring, battling monsters, or even playing cooperative games like Capture the Flag online, if that's where your tastes run. It's your "sandbox" so you can play however you want.

One caveat: since this game was originally a download for pc's its documentation is nil. (Seriously - not just inadequate, but NONE.) You *can* try to muddle through by trial and error, but there are better ways. This game is disceptively deep; to have fun from the getgo, it can be helpful to hold off starting your game until you've flipped through a few of the easy "tips for getting started" -type files from among a plethora of Minecraft material both on the net and especially on YouTube, where you'll find many entertaining "walkthrus" for various aspects of Minecrafting. If you don't mind a little reading and like to have your references to-hand (like myself), I really recommend simultaneous purchase of one of the many reasonably priced MineCraft books available to get you REALLY kickstarted on this highly recommended game!
on August 2, 2016
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my 10 year old who grandson who apparently cannot tear himself away from this game, so I guess it's a hit! I, myself, have consecutively become my daughter's worst enemy, and my grandson's gift giving hero, so it's a double edged sword, I suppose. My grandson says the graphics aren't the best he's played with, but he loves the building, creativity it inspires, and the endless hours of entertainment he and his cousins, younger and older, get from playing this together.
on July 29, 2017
I have 4 children who have all, at one point or another, been obsessed with Minecraft. Our first Xbox360 game was bought several years ago and from all the use it had developed scratches on the disk making it act erratic at times. My daughter received some money for her birthday and insisted she wanted to buy a new Minecraft game. She is thrilled with her purchase and keeps dragging me into the gaming room to show me everything she has built. So glad to see her enjoying building, creating, and designing.
on June 3, 2014
The item arrived as stated, new, factory sealed, and without damage. Personally, I don't get the appeal, but it keeps my 6 and 8 y/o kids entertained for hours. The game is age appropriate without a bunch of gory detail as in many, so I have no worries with leaving the kids to play with minimal supervision.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.