Top positive review
Fantastic Deal that Can't Be Beat for a Lovely Lamp
December 1, 2016
I have always wanted to try one of these and I'm so glad I did. We are planning to buy more as Christmas gifts. Some things you may want to know before purchasing:
1) The box it comes in is plain cardboard that fits tightly to the lamp - it doesn't look nice - or even particularly sturdy - but the lamp arrived undamaged. I'm still going to ship these directly to our gift recipients, but if you care how nice the box presents, well, this one would dismay you. ;)
2) When we first turned ours on, I noticed a lot of dark black/gray spots on the outside of the lamp, like ink transfer or something like that. I think we'll be able to dremel it off, so I kept the lamp. Since receiving ours, I've noticed several lamps on display in stores and a lot of them have the same spots - I'm now wondering if it is the way the rocks are handled in before the lamps are assembled - like the dark is where the rocks rubbed each other. I don't know what causes it, but I thought some people might want to know about this.
3) Remember that you are buying a natural stone - every stone is different and not all sides of the stone are as lovely a shape as what is shown in pictures of salt lamps.
3.5) This lamp does not come with an extra bulb - I only mention this because it seems that some others do.
4) The base of the lamp is as beautiful as shown.
5) We love the dimmer/on/off switch!
6) I have this on my bedside table as a getting ready for bed lamp. Just last night, I was staying up later than my hub and I told him he didn't have to leave the salt lamp on for me if it bothered him and he said, "No, I like it - it's soothing."
7) You can't beat this price for this size of lamp. As I mentioned, I've noticed these on display all over town during my Christmas shopping. None of the prices compare for this large of a lamp, with such a nice base, and a dimmer switch.
Overall, I couldn't be happier with this purchase!