Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mini Dv Camcorder DVR Video Digital Camera 30 Fps Dc
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Design: 2 Hours Work time|Change
Price:$5.80+ Free shipping

on March 3, 2013
After reading several reviews of this product, I opened the package with trepidation. However, my camera did include an 8-Gig micro-SD card, unlike some other buyers' purchases. I plugged it in and let it charge for a couple of hours, until the tiny blue lights on top of the unit glowed steadily, instead of flashing.

To test it, I attached it to the visor in my car, passenger side, and drove about 45 min. When I checked the recording, I was pretty impressed. Granted, the quality of the video isn't great, but for under $20, it's a remarkable little piece of equipment. Small and light enough to attach to a ballcap or hat. I'll have to be careful to be sure the angle's right to capture what I want.

Instructions are marginal, at best. I experimented to figure out how things worked. I'll be learning for a while, I'm sure.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2014
The first one of these I ordered came without a memory card, the accessory to clip it to your shirt was broken and the microphone barely picked up any sound. The replacement came shipped in a regular envelope with no protection whatsoever. The box was crushed, but somehow the camera and accessories survived and it worked as well as these things seem to work.

This product is FALSELY ADVERTISED!, which I must admit I suspected when ordering it. The camera resolution is 320x240 and is stretched to 720x480 by software when used in camcorder mode. This accomplishes nothing but a fuzzy video and wasted space on the memory card, the maximum supported by this camera ("new" model) is 8GB. When used in webcam mode, the video is in its native resolution of 320x240 and averages 5-6 frames per second. Both of this model of camera were this way and other cameras work fine (including even cheaper cameras). I tried pressing the reset buttons also. It is not a computer or operator issue. The angle on the lens is so tight that when standing 2-3 feet from another person, you would need two cameras to get their whole face.

The audio on the one with the good mic is decent but has a very flat sound.
on March 28, 2013
You know those days when something interesting happens and you wish you had a camera at the moment it happens? This little video cam comes to the rescue. I primarily use it as a dash cam. It's tiny size can be hung from the headliner and not be in the line of your vision. It has a wide angle view which will give a full view of both sides of the road in front of you. The video quality is very good for the small "spy camera" that it is. Very satisfactory video quality.

You'll find in some of the reviews that some people do not like the sound quality. When you use it as a dash cam, you will get some road noise. That can't be avoided. But have the cam set alone, hidden in a corner of a room, the sound quality will be just fine.

The approximate power duration for the rechargable battery is 1 hour and 45 minutes. Perfect for any short road trip. Be it your car, your motorcycle or bycycle. The kit included has the oppropriate mounts for your needs.

The videos are easily accessable to your computer.

The manual is my only gripe. The print is very small and in broken english. I searched google for a self help video. That worked out fine.

I recomend this cam to anybody who wishes for low-buck video dash cam. You just never know when something interesting is going to happen at any given time.
on March 20, 2013
It is a great small package. I don't need all the attachments. It takes practice using it without moving around which makes movies jerky and difficult to watch. View angle could be a little wider and sound quality is not as good as the video. Instructions are in OrientalAmerican and useless. You can get good instructions at (...)grreatideas.com/police/m80.html. Good value for the price.
on December 2, 2013
I bought this two years ago and some of the reviews i read here, i can relate to a little, like horrible instruction manual, but it functions incredibly well.I took Hd videos of everything, it only has to or three b7ttons and once you memorize the functions its very lovable and so light you can attach to rc helicopters too. I LOVE IT ITS REALLY EASYTO USE JUST READ THE CRAPPY INSTRUCTIONS AND DECIFER WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO SAY, you can do it if you are analitical and willing to try. Unless this camera has totally changed the guts inside it, its a sweet gadget that revealed remarkable 720p videos of everything i filmed.
on January 22, 2014
I clipped this little camera on my hat (Wore the cap in reverse and clipped it on so it was facing forward.) Rode my bike and recorded the trip. Worked great. Recharges with a USB. (I have a USB portable charger to recharge it.)

I saw other's complaints but I've had no problems. I put a 2 gig chip in it. I pull the chip out and insert it into my smartphone to review on the go. WORKS GREAT.
on February 5, 2013
Compared to a similar product that I had a few years ago this unit doesn't have the functions available and the one's it has don't seem to work...cannot download anything to even see if it works becuz computer doesn't recognize it...even with the disc and drivers downloaded! Wouldn't recommend to anyone! Can't contact seller as no information on package or bill of sale available!
on October 18, 2013
I ran over my (same) DVR Video/Camera the other day and replaced it with this exact same make/model. I think I paid about 11.00 last week (it's even cheaper today). The thing is, with these little units, that the indicator lights at the top (that tell you if you are recording or whatever) as soooooo teeeeeny-tiny that you just can not see them ... especially if it is sunny out, then it is totally impossible. Now, having said that, on the rare occasion that I have lucked out and recorded something of interest, it does turn out surprisingly good quality. So for the inexpensive price I would say pick yourself up a cheap magnifying glass at the dollar store and maybe you will be able to see if you are actually in record mode or not. Also, the instructions could be a little better.
on November 27, 2013
Very cheaply made, the mode and power buttons never worked! When plugged in to my computer, the clarity was way less than fair. Lesson: you get what you pay for!
on December 5, 2013
Camera never worked. I lefted charging overnight then try next day, but never worked, that was a waste of money.