Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
on August 31, 2012
I bought this mini camera detector to scan my apartment, because I had a suspicion that someone (apartment manager or maintenance guy - both are a little more nosy than normal) may have done something stupid... So I wanted to make sure none of the smoke detectors, plugs, etc had any funny business going on. I scanned the whole place, after darkening the room according to instructions, and everything was "clear." What a relief, right? Not so fast!

Just to test and make sure it was working, I put my camera on a shelf, set it to record and scanned over it. The Detector showed NOTHING! I tried my cell phone too, set it to recording, held the Detector right next to it, scanned, nothing... This product is basically useless and an utter waste of money. I'm pretty disappointed. :-(
on November 27, 2013
This is really difficult to use unless you already know where the camera is. Yes when we point it toward a known camera you can identify it. But on several tests with different people they first looked at known cameras to see what they were looking for. After that they tried to find a hidden camera in the room and all failed.
on December 16, 2012
About the only thing it would detect is my wifi home network. Tried several different cameras and it would not detect anything. Would not recommended.
on August 27, 2012
on November 21, 2011
My daughter is a nanny, and she wanted to know where the Nanny Cam was located in the apartment where she works. Be sure to use the camera detector in as dark a room as possible. It's just easier to see the reflected red light. The detector is very small, fits in a bag, and can be used quickly. I thought it's was a good investment if you are concerned about cameras.
66 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.