Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mini Ninjas - Xbox 360
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Platform: Xbox 360|Change
Price:$57.88+ $4.57 shipping

on September 16, 2009
I had heard a few things about this game and thought I would give it a try. I wasn't really expecting much but was definitely surprised. This game is really fun and highly addictive. The title tells you who you control, mini ninjas. Don't get me wrong though, the characters are still really cool. But they can also be rather cute at times. Thats what really helped me fall in love with this game. The art style, colors used, and the whole concept of character design gives you a game that is very refreshing. What I mean is that so many games these days are dark and gritty with copius amounts of blood and gore, where as this game is usually bright and vibrant and has cut out blood and gore. Even the levels that are supposed to be darker tend to be beautifal in there own way. When you beat enemies in this game theres no blood, theres this poof of smoke and the enemy is transformed back into what they once were, cute little animals. All enemies except bosses were once cute little animals that have been transformed into bad guys. But it gets better, your main character has the ability to take control of these animals which is fun but also important if you want to get all the items in every level. The items are highly visible to animals and can be really hard to find for the ninjas. All items you collect are either used to make items or are consumed to restore health or energy or some other stat. Experience is gained from defeating enemies and freeing captured animals. Meaning that if you want you don't have to fight. You can try to sneak through the levels and free the critters to get your XP. Each ninja is unique in the way they look, act, move, and fight so getting a new character can change the way you play. So if you want to use the character with the big hammer go ahead, or maybe the one with the flute is more your style, but the best part is that they all use the same controls so there is no confusion when you switch between characters. There are quite a few different levels with different features so it doesn't get old. But that probably won't be a problem because the game is rather short. The gameplay is really fun but there is only a very basic plot that tells you why your fighting. I prefer games with a story and character interaction and there is none of that in this game. Overall the game is a fun family friendly game that can be enjoyed by just about any one.
on March 8, 2010
I must say I didn't think much of the demo for this game, but for some reason decided to try it out, maybe b/c my son (5) is going through a ninja phase. Both of us ended up absolutely loving it, and beat the game fairly quickly, and we're now going through it a second time. We spent a LOT of QT together playing this game. I hope there's a sequel. The graphics are very good, the game is very intuitive and fun to play, and it's pretty addictive.

It's cool to be able to collect the different magic spells and ninjas as you go through. I especially like the nature scenes, like the rivers and forests, etc, and the combat all of which is very fun (but very kid friendly, I mean the enemies turn into animals when you defeat them). you never get lost b/c there's an arrow function that always tells you which way to go. The spells are very fun to use and collect, even though some of them are used far less (or never), but you want to collect them all for sure.

You'll like this game better if you have any affinity for Japanese culture, which we do b/c my wife is Japanese and my kids are half and half. Also, like I said my kid is going through a ninja phase although I would have a hard time believing that any kid, really, would not like this game. My adult brother and I also liked it a lot, so it counts as adult-friendly as well, I mean entertaining for adults. There is some Japanese language going on, but with subtitles (usually).

My only complaint is that the game is a little short, and some of the bosses are very easy to defeat, but then again I didn't want to spend that much time on the latter.

Overall, for the price, and considering the amount of entertainment that we're still getting out of it, it was an excellent purchase and rates 5 stars. As far as suggestions to improve, I think they should make it longer, and add some type of co-op at least, ideally some kind of online play as well. Aside from that, stick with what works, but regardless of what they do, if there is a sequel there is no question that this household will purchase it.
on July 2, 2016
I bought this after seeing a preview of it a long time ago and thinking it sounded funny. Even though it was a kid's game it was a lot fun. The story was fun and interesting, looked nice visually and the gameplay was easy and fun and the humor was kind of funny. Even on Hard, this was a fairly easy game to play and the Xbox achievement list was rather easy for the most part.

My only disappointment was that I had to buy this used and the seller described it as being in "like new" condition however the case was filthy and damaged and the disc is scratched the pieces. It at least played okay, but I would never have bought it used online for that price if the seller had provided more accurate information about it's condition. I could have found a much nicer copy for less in town if I would have just waited longer.
on November 22, 2010
I bought this because it was on clearance at a nearby rental place that was going out of business. I bought it because I have lots of Nephews and Neices that come to my house and I thought they would like to play it. Also my wife likes to fiddle around with video games every once in a while and I thought she might like to play this one.

The game itself I think is simple in the fact that you don't have to hit 47 buttons to punch someone. The graphics are good smooth 3D. The controls are very easy to learn.

I played this game for about 2 hours and found it very entertaining. My wife just started playing it and she really likes it as well. Its a basic game that is entertaining, while also doing "NINJA" stuff. But in the end I would recommend this game to just about anyone.

Myself: I like FPS's (First Person Shooters) on PC so to my suprise, I did enjoy this game. But then again I bought it for about $17 so I wasn't out much if it turned out to be a bad game. I wouldn't pay much more than that. So maybe that is why I thought this game was pretty good, who knows. Thanks for reading.
on December 12, 2009
I heard of this game on a preview while watching Anime....I liked it instantly!!

It's just so very cute! Not only that, is packed with action and adventure! I'm not a big game player
but when I like a game (specially adventure) I get it and finish it!! So far this game has made me laugh until I cry!

There are funny times, as well as kind of sad, but is very active in any way!

I love the little ninjas as well as the evil mini samurai who can't seem to do anything right, they're kind of dumb >_<

Overall, this game can be played by kids as well as adults!
My brother and I aren't kids no more but we LOVE IT!

I highly recommended if you want to pull an all nighter with Ninjas on your screen!!!
on December 30, 2013
The only reason this item is receiving four stars instead of five is because I am disappointed that it is only 1 player. It is my fault for not researching the game well enough, but I was hoping for a game that I could play with my son and with this we have to take turns.
on January 7, 2013
I bought this for my 8 yr old son for Christmas. He has mainly Lego games and I wanted something different, but not too violent. This was a perfect fit. The graphics are fun and not babyish, there is no blood or yelling. He loves the game, but has progressed through the levels very quickly.I do not think it is very challenging, but there is enough variety to keep his interest. The only criticism I have of the game is that it is 1 player only. I did not realize this when I ordered it.
on January 30, 2014
My 7 year old loves this game, but there are some parts where it's not obvious what to do. We had to look up the walkthrough on Youtube to figure out how to do certain parts. The characters are cute, and the action is appropriate and not too excessive.
on April 3, 2014
This was a Christmas gift for my children! I thought that we were in the stadium when he opened it!! Christmas is made her today!!!
Came faster than expected and protected very well in shipping!!
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2012
I bought this game because I was looking for a rated "E" game that my 8 year old guy would think was as cool as some of the Call of Duty posters he sees. I was looking for a "fighting" game that wasn't chalk full of violence and adult content. This is it! The game has levels and challenges like the "T" and "MA" games . You must fight the samurai to find your friends. You can use hints and special powers. It's a fun and challenging game for tweens who are ready for a step up action game.