Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 163 reviews
on January 18, 2015
IF this would record @ 30 fps I'd give it 5 stars but it will only record @25fps. I did the "system.txt" change as talked about before by J.P. but this one doesn't change according to the "properties" description when right clicking on the file when it's read by the computer. I don't like the 5 minute recordings but it does make it easier to edit them if you want to. Other than spending the money for a home security dvr I don't think you'll find one better than this one. For what I am wanting to use it for I wanted a 1 channel no monitor needed recording capability and this one fits that bill.
on February 16, 2015
I bought this in November 2013 and it is still going strong. I don't use the built in playback features at all. It is mounted in my glove box and a camera is mounted on my rear view mirror. Menu could be a bit easier but once you set it up it is done. Mine is always recording when driving and auto deletes the oldest recordings.
on September 15, 2015
It works perfectly for me with two small caveats.

1. The audio plugs are female RCA plugs, but the video plugs are BNC, Female RCA adapters are included. These add a little weight, no big deal in most cases. I am using it with FPV goggles, so I will change the plugs.

2. You cannot turn off the timestamp. It is at the bottom of the screen and is really no big problem with my setup, since there is a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen in my case. It will be more of a problem if/when I use it to record off of my satellite receiver.

It records in VGA and SVGA. No high def. That is fine with me as well, as my hexcopter's video transmitter does not do high def either.

I use it in continuous mode. It starts recording when power is applied. The red light blinks while it is recording. It is on when it is not recording. Press the Function button to start and stop recording. Stop recording before removing the memory card.

There is a thumbwheel. Pressing it brings up the menu, holding it left or right moves the pointer between choices. Press the wheel to make your choice.

I may get another and use it with a small security camera as a "dash cam" on my motorcycle.
on September 25, 2014
Wired right up easily and does what it's supposed to do records every time it see motions so you dont have to hit stop and start, or forget to in my case.I use it in my FPV ground station for my multi-rotors. it powers on the same time as the rest of my ground station. I put a 32gb micro sd in it and at SD quality it should take a while to fill up. haven't downloaded any of it yet but have played it back on the ground station and for 35 bucks it's a good deal
on August 8, 2013
I use this in my car with a 32Gb card. I have 4 cameras routed through a multiplexer and into the DVR. The interface isn't amazing but works for what it is. The quality is adjustable and it offers auto record and motion record options which is perfect for car cams. The best part is that when the power is cut the device uses the last of its power to finalize the video file, it even says goodbye before it shuts off!
on March 22, 2017
Dirct Mini Security Micro DVR Nice Product Hook Up Simple .The Instruction Book Took A Little Bit To Understand . Came With All The Hook Up . Use On A Old VCR For The Display . To A Old Tv Tube Type. .Color Was Clear Play Back Was Simple. Setup Took Sometime .Pressing The Function Key Then Press The Wheel In Enter The Setting Flip The Wheel Left Or Right For your Slection . It Been Recording For Almost Two Day's On A Micro SD- TF Card .Play Back On Your Computer . Or The Unit It Self. The Package Was In Real Good Shape Give You Five Star Thank You Much.
on November 15, 2016
great little machine good quality video smaller than a deck of cards so can be hidden easily just stick a chip in it and it does the rest can play from unit or put chip in computer really cool
on June 17, 2013
I bought this DVR to use with a cheap outdoor camera to watch my garden. I wanted to know if the deer, rabbits, or neighbors were grazing when I wasn't looking. It records decent resolution pictures and works for my intended use except that the motion sensor is not sensitive enough. It requires motion within 10 feet of the camera to start recording--this might be a function of the camera I have--I'm not sure as I only have the one camera. When I tried to set it up, I had it connected to a 15 inch lcd TV--the set up screen would not work--just a blank screen. I purchase a small monitor like they use on rear cameras in cars and the set up screen was visible. Someone in another review had the same problem--this is why I gave it only 4 stars. There are better solid state recorders out there, but for the money, this one works pretty well. For continuous recording it works great.
on April 26, 2017
I haven't permanently installed it yet, but it works OK so far on the bench. The spring-loaded "Wheel" (left-right-push to confirm) for settings input is a bit awkward and sticks a little. It may improve with usage. After testing the camera I purchased directly to the TFT display also purchased, there is a noticeable video degradation through the DVR, but acceptable for the purpose. I recorded a few files and transferred them to the computer with no issues. One (for me) minor negative was that the female 12vdc input on the DVR is a 2.5mm/5.5mm, BUT the supplied 120vac/12vdc power supply has a 2.1mm/5.5mm male connector. Given that I'm not going to use it, it doesn't matter.
on July 24, 2017
Not bad. Works very well.
The issue is the contacts creat a disturbance to the picture quality. So, not so much.
I bought this for my sewer camera system has a proprietary coded memory card.