Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mini Stealth TV Television Remote (color may vary, white/black)
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on September 11, 2012
I almost sent this back since it wasn't working using the instructions on the packaging which indicated:

1 - press and hold the mute button for 5 secs, then release
2 - when the tv goes mute, then press the mute button quickly

WRONG!

This is what I did to make it work:

1 - turn tv on (make sure volume is up so you can hear it)
2 - press and hold the mute button while pointing at the tv, DO NOT RELEASE
3 - it will take usually between 5-60secs for the remote to find the right code
4 - as soon as the tv goes MUTE, release and immediately press the MUTE button again

For step 4, you have to be really quick but if you aren't fast enough, just do it again.

I don't know why the instructions on the packaging were wrong but I hope this helps someone else.

MINUS 1 star for wrong directions.

Saul
99 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2013
After seeing all of the negative reviews about this product, I was a little skeptical. It's $5 though, so it's not like it's a big deal. However, the remote worked right out of the box, no problem. If you're still confused as to how to work it:

1. Point the remote at the TV (the TV must be on, and I recommend having the volume up)
2. Hold the Mute button down until the TV mutes
3. As soon as the TV mutes, release the Mute button
4. Press Volume Up to restore sound.

That's it, nothing more to it. Now the remote's programmed to the TV. Follow the steps again to switch to a different TV.

Yes, it does work. No, I'm not being paid to give this a good review. If yours doesn't work, send it back and get a new one. It's a $5 universal remote, stop expecting a marvel of electrical engineering.
on January 19, 2012
I got this remote because the tv at a local restaurant is always too loud. It works perfectly for noisy tv's in bars and restaurants!!
on April 14, 2012
Okay, I ordered it 3 days ago and got it today. Fantastic shipping. I followed the directions and it did not work. BUT! If you hold it down for between 10-20 seconds it does!
on January 19, 2008
This controller is so great, it has worked on ever TV i tried, i use it in school all the time, no more announcements for my homeroom...5 stars
on February 27, 2016
Surprisingly not a dud, as I was concerned about after reading past reviews.

Pretty low power, i.e. it does not work without a direct angle nor through my sweashirt. barely works through t-shirt at very direct angle as opposed to my satellite remote that works through a sweatshirt at any angle. (ok if careful but not completely discreet)

Works well on the 3 TVs i tried it on (Samsung 55" js8500, Panasonic 42 inch flatscreen HDTV and something else similar). Coworker said she could not get it to work on her Vizio.

Battery (unbranded CR2025) died after a few weeks of extremely light use. Put in a proper Energizer (CR2032) and hoping for better results there in terms of how long it lasts.
on January 26, 2015
Mine was the black unit. Came in a small plastic bag with a small set of instructions. The instructions were short and to the point (it explained what each button did and how to sync it to a TV). To sync it to the TV you just hold the mute button down until you see mute pop up on the screen. The one thing I did notice is you have to let go of mute right after its muted your TV or its already gone to the next tv code. You probably have about a second or so after its sync to the tv to let go of mute. (I goofed twice but the third time got it right) One of the nice things was once I set it to my Vizio TV in the living room it also worked (with the same code) on my daughters TV of a different brand in her room. All buttons did what they should; change channel, volume, mute and power and A/V. Unit is light but seems sturdy for its size and thickness. I would not wear it on a key chain, if you sat on it in your pocket with some keys that might break it. It does have a red LED that lights up when you push a button. For stealth this kind of seemed wrong but you can just cover it with a piece of tape. I ended up liking the red LED as it lets me know the unit has battery power. Unit keeps my TV code stored until battery dies or I re sync with a new TV. I used it about 15 minutes so far and the battery is still fine.
Overall I really like this little remote. If you needed a universal remote for your TV this would be a great alternative to a dollar store type remote. (and neat conversation piece) Probably make a great gift as well, even if the person isnt planning on having fun with it they can use it with their TV as a remote.
on August 9, 2007
Great for pranks. I've had so much fun with this. The remote has worked on 19/21 tvs, it's so much fun. Average shipping time.
on February 29, 2016
This remote may be tiny, but it works great! Being able to stick in on a keyring or carbiner means never losing it, either. I will confess, I use this most often when I can't be bothered to find the "full" remote, and just want to turn the tv on or change the channel. It would also be handy for when you are stuck in a waiting room at the mechanic or hospital, since it auto-scans so fast and discreetly, but I've only used it on my own tv.
on September 12, 2015
I have yet to come across a TV that my remote did not work with. I'm sure it will happen, but it seems to cover a wide range of common remote codes.

It takes just a few moments to hold the mute button, let it find the right code, and then you're in control. It comes with directions so it was super easy for me to operate and tinker with.

So basically this remote works as described, and it does the job well. It's very handy to carry around.

Use responsibly... or don't. I won't judge.
review image