Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on May 6, 2006
I bought this go-kart for my five year old son and he loves it. However, so do I! I'm not sure who has more fun on it. ;O) The car is very heavy and solid. It's not one of those junky plastic things. It's made by HONDA, so that fact alone speaks for itself. The car is quick, but safe. It's super quiet. It charges easily and runs for a good amount of time. My son is bored for the day before the charge runs out. It is easily stopped by pulling the t-bar on the back if necessary. My son finds it easy to steer and he maintains perfect control of it while driving. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

The only issue I have with the car (and it's not a huge one) is that the plastic trims could secure better to the car. They shake a bit because they are held on by plastic overlays on pipes. My son bumped something lightly and the front popped off because a piece cracked. I'm always afraid they're going to crack on a bump or something. Replacement parts are available at a reasonable cost, but I expect reasonable use of the ones I have first before I have to buy them. Otherwise, the car is EXTREMELY well built with a welded frame and top of the line mechanical parts.

I know the price tag is an issue for some people, but I have no argument for that point in my case. I bought mine on clearance at Walmart for only $125.00!!!! Can you say bargain? Apparently, no one wanted these at the initial high price or possible did not know they were there. WHATEVER! If there were more, I would have bought all of them. GO GET ONE!
on April 27, 2006
Got this for my son and daughter months ago. It is fantastic! It looks like a formula 1 car with controls on the steering wheel. From a Electrical Engineering standpoint it is first rate, with decent components and fairly high tech speed controler. It runs about 15-20 mph with a sub 60 pound kid, for just shy of an hour and charges fairly quickly as well. My kids are 7 and 9. Once they get older, I'll reconfigure it to run faster-a simple circuit mod. Soon after that I will adapt to a 2 cycle engine with the same wheels chasis. THIS IS A TRUE GO-KART- Not a powerwheel that you'll kick to the curb on trash day in a year or two. It turns on a dime and is as silent as an electric toothbrush. As far as those individuals with problems? I suspect abuse or overloading the speed controler. But parts are cheap and available from many sources(including the manufacturer) This is a first rate, silent (won't wake the neighbors) car that you'll buy for less than a video game system and software. You will not be disappointed. Your child will be the envy of the neighborhood. The kids with gas karts can't ride around most suburban streets legally!
on September 25, 2005
This go kart is terrific. My husband loves it and it is fast and spunky for him in the fast mode. It is also terrific for my 5 year old son in the training mode. He just needs some pillows propped up behind him and he is good to go. The product seems safe. It has a great seat belt also. We have had no problems with it.
on October 29, 2006
I took this thing off road....It was awesome I went to my brothers friends

house and tried it in his backyard cause he has a trail for his real motorcycle!!. He is away at college right now but he said I can go over there when ever I want!!.....SWEET!. I hit a jump that I didn't see and did a flip

Well,I landed it!!. For the parents it is low to the ground (watch out for cars!) but includes a

saftey flag Otherwise!!

BUY IT!!!
on December 26, 2004
I wasn't sure if I made the right choice when I purchased this product having not seen it in person, but having done a lot of reading & research on Go-Karts over the Internet I decided to make a purchase. Well, let me just say, this product is quite "unbelievable". Not only does it look awesome, but it really moves fairly quick too. Both my boys (9 & 11) have been riding up and down the street on this for the past 2 days. In fact, the only thing stopping them staying on it now is the snow. Do yourself and your kids favor, pick up this Go-kart, you won't be sorry, neither will your kids.
on January 3, 2005
I also was worried about the power an electric gokart would have but this thing can move around me at 170 lbs at speeds that are fun. It's really sized for an 7-14 year old. The battery lasts about an hour. Minimota should think about making the body panels out of a more rubber like plastic as what they are using now is hard plastic that I'm sure will break especially in the cold. THe pop off nose piece broke on mine during the first ride and needed to be hotglued back together. Also the caps which hold the battery cover vibrate out and pop off the car.
Great Fun and the frame and motor seems to be done right.
on April 22, 2006
this kart looks uber-tight, but a [...]price tag? is it really worth the money, i doubt my parents would ever buy that! i like to ride cars downhill and i'm not sure thi would be the best selection for that kind of thing. suprisingly enough, ive gone down my street over 10mph on a little tikes truck. i need something sleek cool, good turning, it doesn't even require a engine some1 make a counter-review to this
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 11, 2006
When mey parents got this kart for my by birthday I was thrilled. I rode it everyday until it wouldn't go in reverse. Minimoto sent a steering wheel with switches that didn't fix the problem. After my dad took the kart apart he found that the disc brake was stopping the shaft from turning. Minimoto shipped us all new brake parts. This happened twice. Also the motor gear wore out. They had to ship us a new motor. This happened before the 6 month warranty was up. After 9 months the "T" handle that disconnects the electric from the engine melted. I pulled it out and got burnt. Minimoto took the kart back and gave us a full refund. I want a gas kart now. Don't buy this piece of junk.
on December 6, 2005
Was wondering if any current owners can give a long term review of this product. It looks way cool for a kid but could also be an expensive piece of crap. I would hate to buy it and find out it's below my kids capability or isn't durable enough, but then again, I can't see spending twice the amount to find out either. Any help out there?
on September 7, 2005
my parents surprised me with the gokart and i have had so much fun on it.the speed is awesome and its design is the best i have seen on a electric item so take my advice and consider getting one.The price might seem alot but it is WORTH IT YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.