- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Pyranee Books; First Edition edition (July 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0310521319
- ISBN-13: 978-0310521310
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 5.3 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,129,047 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If Ministers Fall, Can They Be Restored? Paperback – July, 1990
Top Customer Reviews
Among the points covered include:
1. The ways a pastor's infidelity affects his wife, family, church, and the lost.
2. Pride can make ministers forget how weak and vulnerable they really are without God.
3. Working too hard for too long can suck the life out of a minister and make him more vulnerable to sexual sin.
4. The bottom line reason for adultery in sin - a minister commits adultery because he wants to.
5. Do not trust in your flesh! Many ministers who fell morally thought they were strong enough to resist temptation.
6. Examples of righteous and fallen people in the Bible who were used by God.
7. Steps to consider when restoring a fallen minister.
8. While God does give people second chances, His patience does have limits.
All in all, an excellent read for anyone: the pastor struggling with temptation who needs to consider the consequences, the layperson/laypeople who may have to deal with a fallen pastor, and family and friends of a fallen pastor.
An excellent and timely read, I wonder how pastors could have potentially avoided falling if they heeded the warnings in this book.