Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on April 1, 2016
I've had this device for about a year now. I've installed different ROMs, several custom ROMs, several official ROMs, etc., and none of them performed well in all areas. Each ROM had major bugs here and there, mostly in different parts of the system.

With all ROMs tested, it tends to lock up. Sometimes the screen will freak out and start showing digital noise. You can sometimes hear pops and clicks. Some apps show these problems more than others. The problems tend to happen after it runs for about 30 minutes. It's unreliable and can't be used as a server. Every app tested on this will eventually go bonkers. You will lose data. The device will lock up.

At this point after installing so many different ROMs and finding that none of the ROMs fix the serious issues with display, sound, and locking up, I'm ready to junk this thing.

The only other Android product I experienced that had similar serious problems was the Tronsmart Ara X5. I have never had an Android phone or tablet that was anywhere near as bad as the Minix and Tronsmart TV boxes. These TV box makers are amateurs I guess.

The Minix Neo X7 performance is not as good as it should be. Perhaps this is a ROM problem that's in all the custom and official ROMs caused by a badly written driver from Minix? I don't know. I've had a ton of different Android devices, and this one, despite having really good specs, does not come up to par. It's as if it's about 1/3 as fast as it should be. I've had tablets with half the memory this has, that run at half the speed, but still outperform this Minix Neo X7.

I wonder, are the specs fake? At this point I don't care. I will not get another Minix and wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Nore would I recommend the Tronsmart Ara X5. Both are crap. Both hang even when running idle after a while. They probably require fans to run properly, but don't have them installed to save on costs. Who knows.

Don't waste your time with this product.
on January 11, 2014
Why do companies sell their products with Android firmware an don't send out OTA updates. I would have given this a better rating if I didn't have bugs and system shutting down.The voice command does'nt work the update will fix that.Companies are giving Android a bad name when they support firmware upgrades so the products can keep functioning properly. I have a 10 nexus tablet I get my updates consistently and have a Samsung S3 phone with CyanogenMode get my updates frequently. All I'm saying this product will function better if it's supported.
on April 4, 2014
I received my Minix Neo X7 from DIAOTEC IN 5 DAYS IN LIL COUNTRY TOWN IN UTAH UNITED STATES STANDARD SHIPPING. BIG THUMBS UP COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THIS PURCHASE RECOMMEND TO ALL.. ALREADY SET IT UP AND XBMC 1080P IS FLAWLESS WATCHING 1080P MOVIE THATS IN THEATURES WITH THE X7 IS AMAZING MINIX CARES ABOUT THERE PRODUCT AND SOFTWARE UPDATES AND THE QUILTY OF THERE BOXES SO ADVICE DITCH YOUR CAP AND BUT A GOOD BOX I DITCH MY MX2 AND ME BOTH ON K'S AFTER GETTING THIS THANKS FOR THE GREAT SHIPPING AND TRANSACTION... JERRY, ****** 6 STARS..
on December 24, 2013
Not for everyone. This is not a full service device and requires the user to configure and tweak.
I use this as an entertainment center and love the apps available. Video does get choppy after several hours of watching HD movies, possibly because the device is air cooled.
on February 5, 2014
I bought this with great expectations. After 2 months of usage i find that the system is amazingly swift and smooth. Hook it up with ethernet and then enjoy the lightning speed. BUT!
Cons: One BIG complaint that ruins the whole party, the system shuts down randomly and unexpectedly, ie if you leave it on and come back the day after you will ALWAYS find it shut down.

Update:
I uninstalled and removed Airpin app and solve the crash reboots and freeze problem by 99%.

So now it's 4.5 stars.
on February 7, 2014
Item is no cake walk there is some set up. so get to know your player well. it works 80% of the time with out a hitch. now and then it will freeze up like most other android players. if you are looking for something that is a HTPC this is close for the price but not what you are looking for. very nice for a player though. I have a lot of other players like this laying around by far this one is the leader of the others. make sure to get a keyboard remote. it will be needed as you will want to set up XBMC for all your entertainment needs.
flashing the firmware is pretty basic but like i said earlier get to know your player. if you are not into flashing items with new firmware then i suggest watch a few youtube videos on doing it. before you turn your player into a paper weight. I am sure they will make that process much easier with OTA firmware flash. Hope this all helps. All and all this is the best player of its size out there i can not replace a full blown HTPC by no means but it works wonders if you are not into building or buying something more expensive
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 17, 2015
Slow and buggy, returned the day I got it. Get a Fire TV instead.
on April 14, 2014
I bought this box to replace my cable box and let me tell you with the right sources it does that and some no need to pay a cable bill all you need is internet the build quality of this box is that of the Apple tv box .which is a plus for me .I would suggest buying the air mouse the stock remote is useless. I will be ordering more boxes for my family .

P.S superrepo is the best source google is your friend ;)
on January 13, 2014
It works just as advertised turning my not so smart TV into a More-Tthan-Smart TV! I love surfing the Internet on my TV, Using win a Logictech K400 wireless keyboard.
on April 18, 2015
Nice media box, it's fast and is like having your android phone connected to the TV, anything you do on it, you watch it on TV. I've done a couple of fw updates, currently running the latest with kodi and feels even faster. You could even mirror your phone to it, don't regret buying this product.