Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on March 22, 2017
My favorite app for streaming all the great stations that are part of Minnesota Public Radio - the music stations of The Current, Choral Streams and Classical should be listen to by folks all over the world. A lot of the News Station programming would be a fabulous resource of FACTUAL news - not alternative facts!
on May 24, 2017
Excellent in depth reporting of state, national, and international issues. MPR includes many wonderful National Public Radio programs as well. I am always sad when I am out of range in my car, but fortunately I can listen at home and in hot spots with streaming audio.
on May 6, 2014
In this app, you have the option of what genre of MN Public Radio stations you wish to listen to (such as MPR, Classical, and a variety of others). I usually am listening to programs on MPR, and since I used to live near Minneapolis (and still miss it there), I use this to sort of keep up with the news going on there. I also like programs that MPR runs, such as "The Takeaway with John Hockenberry". There are podcasts available for some kinds of programs/shows, so this app isn't necessary, but it is a simple, easy to use app that has proven reliable. It has never crashed or "horked" (my technical term for hanging, lagging, or otherwise being annoying)! :-)
Used on Kindle Fire HD (2012 model).
on July 31, 2016
Easy to use, very convenient when on the road. Can easily keep up with the best news programming anywhere on the radio.
on January 19, 2017
I downloaded this app so I can listen to The Current, which I do daily, and adore. But lately I've had to uninstall and reinstall the app every couple of days, because it doesn't stop buffering, even with a full WiFi signal. I don't know if this is an app issue or a Kindle issue.
on August 28, 2016
I love the programs and interviews!! I grew up in North Dakota and always had public radio on with the majority of programing coming out of MPR. When I moved away it was never as good. I was delighted to see it on my new kindle fire.
on December 27, 2012
I don't like loading my Kindle Fire up with too many apps, but this one was worth it. I was able to get the MPR alternate streams (choral and holiday in particular) that were not available on TuneIn. Streaming directly from the website was not an option since the audio stopped as soon as I navigated away from the streaming page. The volume level on the KF is good (could be a little better) and it sounds clear when amplified. MPR does a fine job of presenting music from the great masters of the classical period, as well as occasional polyphany, chant and folk music.
on December 28, 2016
App works great. Like that I can read the top national news articles for free, and some are "listen" articles too. Great App and it is free. Highly recommended.
on November 11, 2012
The good part: it gives you seamless access to all of the Minnesota Public Radio channels--and that's some great stuff.

What I found a problem: there is no clearly labeled way to turn it off--it just minimizes and plays in the background. I gave up and uninstalled it.
on June 2, 2015
Love MPR, and the app! One complaint is that I get a crash error every time I launch (I just acknowledge it with a click and the app works fine). Another annoyance is that you need to restart the stream manually if you switch between WiFi and 4G, or vice versa.