Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on August 4, 2015
I'm quite disappointed with the pair I recently bought for my daughter. She got her first pair of Minnetonka mocs two years ago, when they fit her just right. They were light, soft, comfortable and had minimalist moccasin feel with thin rubber soles and hardly any padding inside, which was exactly what we were looking for in kids shoes. She wore her first pair for 2 full years, because the leather just kept stretching as her feet grew from size 2 to size 4. On the outside hey still look like they've only been worn for a month or two, not two years - that's how well they held up. The little rubber dots on the soles have rubbed off in some spots but they just look smoothed out, with no holes in the soles. Apparently the design has changed since then significantly. Here are the key differences we noticed:

*The rubber on the soles is about twice as thick, with ridges on the heels instead of dots all over. My 11 year old daughter only wore them for a couple of days and the rubber ridges and rim that goes all the way around the soles have started to shred in the heel area.
*There's a stiff fat seam right in the center of the back of the heel, covered by heel flap. My daughter does not like it.
*The insole is cut longer than necessary in the back of the heel and curls up slightly, adding more discomfort to the heel area.
*The insole is not one continuous piece, but ends right before the ball of the foot.
*The insole is thickly padded in the heel area, which, combined with the thicker rubber on the sole, eliminates the minimalist feel of the shoe. How disappointing.
*The overall craftsmanship has declined, with less attention being paid to the construction of the leather upper. (see photo, fringe flap not secured at the edges, shoe rim is left unfinished near the fringe)

So all in all, this is not the same shoe that my daughter enjoyed wearing for the past 2 years. It feels and looks much cheaper, even though we paid less for it two years ago. The *feel* of moccasin is not there anymore, just the look. I'm giving it two stars instead of one, leaving some room for the benefit of the doubt in hopes that the shoes will soften up in the heel with a bit of time and wear. I will try to update the review once we see how the shoes hold up, although I don't have much hope for the shredding rubber on the soles. If you are new to these mocs, you probably won't know what you are missing, but if you are a return customer, like we were, I suggest you consider the changes in the design mentioned in this review.

UPDATE: reducing the review to one star. The dye in the leather bled all over my daughter's feet when she got them slightly wet, leaving her skin orange. The shoes went straight into donation box after that.
review image review image
on May 21, 2017
This is my third time ordering these shoes and I'm so disappointing this time. The right shoe is perfect but the left is a completely different fit. The stitching feels different. The left shoe looks significantly smaller the the right one. It's so uncomfortable to wear I can only keep the shoe on for 30 minutes before my foot starts to hurt. I'm so upset by this purchase and honestly wish I would have never bought them.
on April 3, 2017
Absolutely adorable. Unfortunately they did not fit and I returned them.
on July 24, 2015
A bit big for our son, but his foot is small and narrow. But he will grow intot hem and I'm glad to have them in our primitive camping stash.
on May 18, 2017
Fit as expected! also seems pretty well made! so far it has endured 8 months of my 6 year olds outdoor adventures! Must say that is an accomplishment!
on July 29, 2017
too big don't make them is a smaller size
on September 23, 2015
I purchased the child's size 3 (I wear about a 5 1/2 in women's sizing) and they fit very well. They seem to run a bit large and wide, which is what I was expecting based on having tried on a 6 in women's that were too large for me. I could wear them with thin socks as well if I wanted to. The soles seem to have good traction and they even have some support, not a ton but more than a pair of ballet flats. All in all I'm very happy with them and will most likely buy more!
on November 26, 2016
After I bought my kilty mocs my daughter had to have her own! Unfortunately, hers were much bigger in her usual size so she'll have to wait a few more months before she can wear them. However, I can tell they are the same great quality as mine. They are sooooo cute! We got them in the turquoise and it's a beautiful color!
on October 18, 2016
Purchased for my 4 year old, so they never stay on for long stretches of time. She loves them, and they fit as expected - I used a ruler to measure her feet, compared with the size chart, and they're just right. Seem like good quality, exactly what I was hoping for.
on December 6, 2016
These were too small for my son. Although my husband didn't think so, I thought it looked as though one of the shoes was smaller than the other. I sent them back because within a month they probably would have been way too small.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question