Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 12, 2015
I'm 14 months into ownership, and the slippers were good while they lasted.

I got a tip from another amazon user to order 1 size smaller than you need, which i did and was very grateful to hear. I'm a 10 shoe and I ordered a 9, and them ended up fitting quite well.

I wear them every day in the winter, and not at all in the summer, so I've basically had them for 8 months of active use. Well, the right shoe now has a huge hole in it, and I'm looking for ways to repair it.

In addition, the 'shoe laces' have to constantly be re-tied. They come lose quite easily. Not a deal breaker, but a bit of an annoyance.

I've been on the search for my 'forever' pair of slippers for a while, and I heard good things about this brand from a friend. I'm more than willing to pay a premium if I think a pair of slippers will last me a long time. I was hoping for much longer durability on these, but looks like I'll keep looking for that forever pair of slippers.

They seem to be a good choice for the casual user who wants a name brand and will use them gently. If you are going to wear them daily, and are looking for a hard sole slipper that will last a long time, I'd look elsewhere.
review imagereview image
52 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on October 25, 2015
I've been wearing these slippers for very many years. I've worn them inside and outside and the quality has been good, although my last couple of pairs didn't seem to last quite as long.

I'm more disturbed by the changes to the way they measure size. For all those years, I've worn size 9, but my last pair felt larger. So I ordered another pair in size 8, which fit perfectly. So I compared the size 8 to some of my older size 9 shoes and they were identical. The most recent "size 9" was nearly an inch longer. I know I'm not confusing the sizes because the tags are still readable in all the shoes. The part numbers are all the same, and the sizes are clearly visible.
8 people found this helpful
on May 9, 2016
I love the light colored version but the chocolate version has soles which have been dyed with a brown dye that has bled out and ruined my light colored carpets. I am guessing that they "saved money" by taking the light colored moccasins and dying them chocolate rather than molding a dark plastic sole for the chocolate version.
review image
18 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I love Minnetonka slippers and won't ever buy anything else. I'd still be wearing my last pair but the rubber sole split on the inside heel on my right side so had to throw them out. Tried to fix with silicon but it didn't adhere well for long. They were about 6 years old and in need of replacement anyway. These new ones felt tight and narrow but actually, they are perfect for the long run and will loosen up so don't be concerned about what may feel like a tight fit as they will relax. They are so comfortable and warm but not too warm. You can wear them outside because of the rubber sole. My favorite slippers and I am glad I discovered them years ago.
review image
5 people found this helpful
on September 7, 2017
Loves these. Wear them sporadically when I’m at my parent’s house, at my apt I wear softsole mocs by Minnetonka. They last a long time. I've probably had them for almost 3 years, and still not time for new ones. Been wearing these kind of Mocs for probably 10 years and I've tried Lands' End's and they're not as good as Minnetonka at all. Get these if you're in the market for mocs.

I do like the soft sole better. An 11 in softsole is a little smaller than the hardsole, and fits my wide 10.5 foot perfectly. The 11 in hardsole is just a tad big on me. But still love these.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 4, 2016
I compared these to my existing Minnetonka mocs, same size, and they were 1/4 inch longer. They slide up and down my heel and the toe is not tapered as was the last pair. The tongue is also longer. I was not happy with my purchase, and I have been buying these mocs for years.
Also, I wish Minnetonka would STOP putting their label on the inside bottom near the heel. This is completely unnecessary, and annoying to rub the bottom of your foot against.
4 people found this helpful
on August 10, 2017
I bought a pair of those 6 years ago, and they were wearing out, so I ordered a new pair. They've changed their sizing, these are the exact same size as my old pair, but they are a bit too large. I have to tighten the "laces" to the point where they're squeezing my foot to keep my heel from slipping out. Another added bonus is the Minnetonka logo on inside sole. It bugs the heck out of my foot. My old pair was just pile, not label. I'm considering returning these, even though I've worn them for a few days.
2 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2017
This is not a reflection of the seller, but the product - the Minnetonka Men's pile lined hardsole slipper. Minnetonka has always been my go to brand, but now i may be reconsidering. this particular model, the tongue is attached to the lower half of the shoe with what appears to be some fabric or weak lacing. after 4-5 times wearing these indoors, they started to rip. i do not have particularly wide feet or a high arch, and have NEVER had this problem with this brand before. apparently, it looks like they tried to cut some corners on shoe construction to save a few dollars, and without using a leather lacing method on the tongue - these slippers are basically useless. avoid at all costs.
review imagereview imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on October 23, 2017
I almost never leave reviews for anything I buy on Amazon, but I am so irritated with these that I couldn't help but leave one. The quality on these has dropped so much since the last time I bought a pair of Minnetonka's. I have owned these for 8 days, solely use them to take my dogs out to potty, and yet the stitching used to secure the top half to bottom half has already broke. It's extremely disheartening to see this kind of quality from Minnetonka. For years they had been my go to slipper, but I think it's time to move on.
review imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on February 2, 2018
I purchased these shoes for a relative and he loves them. He is elderly, quite large and has mobility issues as well as problems with his feet, and these shoes are the only ones that work for him. He has tried others, including high-priced slippers from a major online retailer, but none work as well for him as these. The fleece lining provides comfort, while the sturdy rubber sole provides the stability he needs. He has gone through about three pair over the last couple of years because he wears them 24/7. I decided to keep a new pair on hand so when the ones he is currently using wear out I have a pair on hand immediately to give to him. (Shipping time is very short, but he doesn't usually tell me until he is in immediate need of a new pair.) Overall, they are great slippers! I will definitely purchase again!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.