YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 233 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 242 reviews
on May 24, 2011
I owned a pair of Minnetonka Moccasins for about 20 years before they finally gave out. (The sole ripped at the toe). I LOVED those moccasins - I wore them everywhere. I am not averse to ordering cheaper versions of popular styles, but in this case I was very clear that I wanted to order the Minnetonka brand. Although the shoes arrived on time and as ordered, the sole separated from the leather within one week of regular wear. When I looked at it, I realized the "stitching" between the sole and shoe body was ornamental and the sole was actually glued on. Although I reglued it and continued to wear them, they started to scuff immediately and, when I tried to clean them, found that they were not shining up like real leather, but peeling like leather blend. This was a terrible disappointment to me and I'll be looking for a new brand of shoe. Why pay more to get poor quality? Shame on Minnetonka.
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2012
Beware this seller return policy. I have worn Minnetonka Deerskin moccasins many times over the years. They are always soft and comfortable. I wear a size 9 and have very narrow feet.
These moccasins are well made, but they must be mis sized or seconds. They would never fit a medium width foot as they barely fit my narrow foot. I requested a 10 as maybe this would help.
This seller return policy is not user friendly to say the least. The most troublesome is a 20.00 restocking fee. Policy states that shoes must be returned exactly as shipped. No problem EXCEPT moccasins had a handmade narrow band of white tissue paper around them which must be removed to try on and could never be replaced as it is. The company will not do an exchange. You must buy another size and hope they refund original cost. One has difficulty believing that the entire policy and white band of tissue is meant to STOP exchanges. I have NEVER written any reviews previously.I feel cheated by this company
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2013
These shoes are 100% leather, without that nasty fabric or (worse yet) plastic lining that so many companies put into their products. They're called "Soft-T" for a reason: they adapt instantly to your foot. But for that reason, you can't expect a lot of wear out of them.

Their other drawback is the composition of the sole. I wore them for the first time on a three-block walk to and from the market, and it had begun to rain by the time I left the market. These soles are very slick on wet surfaces, and down I went, opening up both knees. The shoes will therefore be usable in the Pacific Northwest, where I live, only in the non-rainy half of the year.

Too bad. I like the look and the feel, but they aren't safe.
on January 3, 2017
I had these on my Amazon Wishlist for some time, and finally ordered them with Christmas giftcards. Alas, they were too large and I will need to exchange.

These moccasins arrived with very soft soles, very flexible. I'd read through many reviews, and ordered a size 7. I typically wear between a size 7 and a 7.5, and right now am wearing a pair of size 8 Easy Spirits. These Minnetonka's are still a good centimeter too long.

I was disappointed in the leather itself, not the quality but the scent. There was no leather scent at all. I love opening a pair of quality leather shoes or boots and inhaling that great leather aroma. With these, I don't know if they are even real leather? That is not exactly true, there is a card inside that says genuine deerskin, but the scent is not there. It's just disappointing after I looked forward to these for such a long time. I am from the primarily unsettled very cold upper Northeast, where we have lots of deer, and the tanned leather (often) still smells like any leather does. They are very soft and I expect I will enjoy them when I get the right size.

I should mention, there is no arch support in these at all. You don't want to add an insert because you'll lose that awesome flexibility moccasins are known for.
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 25, 2014
I had a pair of the tan Minnetonka's many years ago. I wore them until they fell apart (4 years of hard wear, indoors and outdoors). I was thrilled to find them online and at about the same price! The deerskin will conform to your foot and feels close to wearing nothing! And, I have a "D" width, but these shoes stretch enough to conform perfectly. (no, they won't stretch much if you have a "normal" B width. They have fabulous colors. I was so pleased with the tan replacement that I also bought the "fushia" (which is really a rose color and is beautiful) and the aqua (also beautiful).. They have lots of small knobs that work for outdoor soles, so they are just fine to go out.. Love them!.
on May 27, 2014
These moccasins are everything you want in a moccasin. They are butter-soft to the touch, and won't make your feet terribly sweaty in two minutes if you wear them without socks (which I always do) like most slip-ons will. The rubber-nubbed soles have great traction and the heel curves nicely around your heel without being too loose or too binding. I am big on sneaking through the forest (inside, I am still a ten-year-old tomboy) and these are vewwy, vewwy quiet.
ONE THING! If you stomp on a bug, it will get stuck in between the little nubby things, and you'll have to PICK IT OUT. That was a rather harrowing experience; be warned. They are worth it, though, so soft and comfortable! As soon as I can, I'm getting another pair in black.
on February 1, 2016
I adore these shoes and have gotten so many compliments on them. I'm not a big fan of flats that you wear without socks, because the tops of my feet get irritated and the backs of my heels can't handle it. They're very sensitive. And very sweaty in traditional tennis shoes/flats.

These shoes are the solution to my sensitive, sweaty feet. I might have been able to order a 7.5 (I normally wear an 8 and ordered an 8), because these form a bit to your feet, however I like the bit of space. So I think I did good in ordering the 8.

My feet do NOT sweat in these. My feet aren't dry, but they don't sweat. I wore them to my physical therapy/rehab appointment and did exercises in them and not once did my feet get sweaty and gross. These shoes make me feel like my feet are breathing tons better than my expensive tennis shoes.
The deerskin is so soft that the tops and heels of my feet are not irritated. These shoes hold their forms perfectly, while maintaining the softness I desire.

I'm a fan for life. Seriously. I will order these again and again. I was leery because $50+ for flats concerned me. I'm a bit of a frugal shopper, however the other reviews convinced me. One of my chiropractors is from Minnesota and recognized these right away and was so happy with them. Many other people asked where I bought them and wanted to get a pair. I told them about finding them on Amazon, but they would love to find them locally. I'm sure they'll be able to, or they'll just have to order them.

If you're considering these, please, do yourself a favor and buy them. They're amazing. I'm a picky person when it comes to my shoes. My feet get sweaty and are sensitive. I'm telling you, these are a dream. I'm wearing them right now. Heck, I've been wearing them all day. I love them. I want to pet them (they're that soft). The color is beautiful and even though there is no arch support, I feel like these make walking a happy thing. There's no plush bottom, but it's soft and I can still "feel" the ground enough to walk better, than if I was wearing shoes with thick soles. The bottoms are pretty cool too and sturdy.
on July 24, 2012
The quality was fine, but felt sticky on my feet. Perhaps I would have been happier if there was some type of lining. I felt bad, but had to return them as I knew it would never be comfortable on my feet. Sorry to say, I guess I have a problem with skin contact with deerskin.
on October 19, 2014
I've had Minnetonka moccasins for years and recently had to replace them only because my foot has grown. I normally now wear an 8 1/2 or 9 shoe. I tried the size 9 first and they were much, much too big. I exchanged them for size 8 1/2 and was suprised to find this size was too big as well. I now have received the size 8 and they are also too big. I'm keeping the size 8 and using an inner sole to make the fit better. Very surprised about the sizing problem. Wonder if the wooden stick inside the shoe for shipping purposes (which is very tight and difficult to remove) is stretching the shoe? I must say though that the return process was extremely fast and efficient. Other than the fact that you don't just exchange (you must return and reorder), I was very pleased with the customer service handling of my two exchanges.
on May 11, 2015
Have been wearing Minnetonka all my life. I love their products. I ordered these in my regular shoe size of 8-1/2. Way too large. Returned for an 8M, still too large. Returned again for 7-1/2, need to return again, still too large. Now have to order a 7M, and now that I know what size I need in this particular style, will be ordering more colors. I have so much faith and belief in their products. It truly is an outstanding company and brand. I'll give it 5 stars any day of the week!!! I'm only writing this review to possibly help others who should consider ordering at least one size smaller than their usual shoe size, and remember the quality of this leather is excellent and will stretch. I know from experience, and I absolutely hate using additional inner soles for a proper fit. This was a gift card item, and Amazon has been awesome in handling the credit and exchanging. Hope this helps somebody.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.