Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 271 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 280 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 3, 2017
I had these on my Amazon Wishlist for some time, and finally ordered them with Christmas giftcards. Alas, they were too large and I will need to exchange.

These moccasins arrived with very soft soles, very flexible. I'd read through many reviews, and ordered a size 7. I typically wear between a size 7 and a 7.5, and right now am wearing a pair of size 8 Easy Spirits. These Minnetonka's are still a good centimeter too long.

I was disappointed in the leather itself, not the quality but the scent. There was no leather scent at all. I love opening a pair of quality leather shoes or boots and inhaling that great leather aroma. With these, I don't know if they are even real leather? That is not exactly true, there is a card inside that says genuine deerskin, but the scent is not there. It's just disappointing after I looked forward to these for such a long time. I am from the primarily unsettled very cold upper Northeast, where we have lots of deer, and the tanned leather (often) still smells like any leather does. They are very soft and I expect I will enjoy them when I get the right size.

I should mention, there is no arch support in these at all. You don't want to add an insert because you'll lose that awesome flexibility moccasins are known for.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 3, 2017
I am very happy with my purchase. I ordered a half size smaller than what I usually wear and the shoes fit perfectly. I don't have wide or narrow feet, I can usually wear the "average" or "medium" width in just about any shoe. So...these shoes were great right out of the box. They are very soft leather and well made. The stitching is tight, the leather of high quality and the sole is fixed very well to the upper - I don't expect any problems with the sole separating from the upper. They are lightweight and feel soft on my feet. I wore these for about 3 hours straight the first afternoon I had them. My Fitbit measured about 2743 steps in that time, so I was on my feet enough that they would start complaining if there were a fit problem. Since then, I've worn them everyday in my bare feet (without socks.) I've worn them all day long and over the first weekend, I did a LOT of walking. My feet never got hot, never developed any chafing, no blisters, no sore spots. So all I can say is - WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FIND THESE SHOES!. I live out in the country and I need a bit more protection on my feet than sandals offer. For me, these are the perfect summer shoes to slip on and go about my gardening, feeding horses, walking the dogs, shopping, camping...whatever.
on May 24, 2017
Glad I read reviews!!! I ordered 1/2 size down and fit is fine. Shoes run large.
Minnetonka deerskin shoes have been featured in mail order catalogs for years as good shoes for people with problem feet. I now know why!! They are great, light weight, comfortable shoes. Women who suffer from swelling in feet and ankles may want to give these a try.
The leather is very soft- more like glove leather or soft leather in fine flats. There are no arch supports in these shoes. You will have to provide additional inserts. Shoes have sole for outer wear.
Theses moccasins are my summer shoes. Got them in both black and white. Have gotten compliments on these and other Minnetonka shoes I have owned.
on May 24, 2011
I owned a pair of Minnetonka Moccasins for about 20 years before they finally gave out. (The sole ripped at the toe). I LOVED those moccasins - I wore them everywhere. I am not averse to ordering cheaper versions of popular styles, but in this case I was very clear that I wanted to order the Minnetonka brand. Although the shoes arrived on time and as ordered, the sole separated from the leather within one week of regular wear. When I looked at it, I realized the "stitching" between the sole and shoe body was ornamental and the sole was actually glued on. Although I reglued it and continued to wear them, they started to scuff immediately and, when I tried to clean them, found that they were not shining up like real leather, but peeling like leather blend. This was a terrible disappointment to me and I'll be looking for a new brand of shoe. Why pay more to get poor quality? Shame on Minnetonka.
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2016
These shoes are VERY comfortable. I wish they were narrower. The leather is suppose to mold to your foot, but because they're too wide, I don't see that happening. But, the good news... because the leather is so soft, they don't rub or chaff at all. I can have them on all day and don't even notice I'm wearing them. That's a big deal for me, because I'm used to going barefoot and only wearing shoes when I go outside or shopping, etc. The lack of arch support isn't a problem. I just use my leather arch inserts and that takes care of it.

I think this style is so cute and looks great with jeans as well as skirts. Very classic look, with very uncommon comfort. These are actually more comfortable than a lot of house shoes/slippers that I've had over the years.

I would definitely purchase again and only gave 4 stars because I think they should be a bit narrower. (I don't have an uncommonly narrow foot. Just average.) They aren't so wide that they feel like they're falling off or anything, so, I'm a happy customer.
on October 3, 2015
I love these moccasins! I bought a pair several years ago and still have and wear them even though I have run them into the ground. They last forever and are so comfortable! The leather is soft and will eventually shape to your feet as they are worn, which can make them feel like they were made for you personally. I am currently wearing these to work because they look great, go with anything, and can be worn all day. Worth every cent and will buy again when these get relegated to everyday wear.
on March 27, 2017
I had ordered a pair a few years ago in my regular size 9, but they were a bit large. This time I ordered 8 1/2 and wore them as soon as they arrived three days ago, and am still wearing them. They are delicious!!
on May 17, 2016
I simply love Minnetonka shoes. And I have purchased many of them throughout the years but my recent purchase of the leather black deer moccasin was a totally disappointment. It stretched so much to the point that it is way too big for me too wear it. They aren't necessarily cheap so I feel a little bit upset about it.
on May 30, 2016
Love them! I usually wear a 9B. I bought 9B, They fit perfectly. No "breaking in" required. I wore them comfortably right out of the box - no stockings.
They are a little expensive, but worth every penny. I will always buy more--sure hope they are available as long as I live.
on August 28, 2016
Love Minnetonka moccasins. I have the exact same pair in tan and liked them so much that I got the black ones. I don't need much arch support so that's not an issue for me. It would be easy to put inserts in them if that is something a person would need. I wear them in a business casual workplace and it feels like I'm wearing slippers. No break in time was necessary, comfortable from the get go.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.