Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Top Contributor: Petson December 22, 2014
I am LOVING this bootie moccasin! I tried two different styles from Minnetonka- these and the back zip high top boots. The back zip boots I did not care for- it had a pretty thick black solid sole and felt (and sounded) as if I was clunking around in combat boots. I wanted a boot that was lighter weight, and with a sole that wasn't so thick. These are perfect- the sole is flexible and has the little knobbies on the bottom of it. It doesn't make a peep when I walk.

I ordered both my normal size (7 1/2) and one half size smaller in order to compare. The ones in my size although they felt better, the suede didn't lay flat across the top by my toes. It's almost like it has to be pulled snug in order for it to lay right. The half size smaller allowed the suede to fit much better and no buckling across the top. They felt snug, but according to other reviewers they do stretch so that's why I went with the half size smaller. They're snug but not so much to be uncomfortable (and that's even with thick athletic socks on).

At the same time I ordered these I also ordered another pair of moccasins from another company. The suede and stitching on these was much higher quality and workmanship. If the zipper fails after some time I would just take them to the shoe repair shop down the road for a $5 fix. Easy and trust me, they're worth it.

I ordered these in "taupe", which tells me someone at Minnetonka may need to have their eyes checked. They definitely are not taupe. Ladies, if you are looking for a taupe boot, this isn't it. The "taupe" are actually camel, and beautiful!
review image
0Comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I love these moccasins. The rubber sole is very narrow, but the girth of the shoe is wide, so most likely any foot could fit into the shoe, but an average to wide foot will rock on and off the rubber sole as you walk. I was annoyed with it at first, but quickly got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I don't consider it uncomfortable, was just something I had to adapt to. They are also completely flat, HOWEVER, I have very high arches and have not had any pain walking in these shoes. I think it's because the sole on the bottom is so nice to walk on, it's like walking barefoot on carpet, rather than walking barefoot on rocks as some other flat shoes feel to me. The shoe itself is very stylish and I love to wear them with casual outfits, skinny jeans & a sweatshirt. They go with anything; I got the gray. Also pretty warm for the most part, but I wouldn't wear them out in the snow because they are not waterproof and wouldn't probably stain if they got wet. I live in central Nebraska.
on September 12, 2017
I've had Minnetonka moccasins before and loved them but unfortunately, Chicago winters got the best of them. Nevertheless, when I saw these I was ecstatic. I purchased the "taupe" color in a size 10 ( the same ones I had before.) I previously purchased mine from Zappos but for some reason the ones shown here are cheaply made and the color is wayyy off, also the shoe is so narrow which is a problem I did not have before.;I had to return. So basically you're getting scammed into buying a less quality version for the same price. Bummer. I still love the shoe and would recommend them, but I would advise purchasing them through another outlet or the manufacturer's website
on March 5, 2016
I have to update my review. I tried them again, without socks, they fit! They are difficult to get on the first few times, but the do stretch to fit rather quickly. I love that they are more fitted around the ankle and don't make my legs look skinnier than they already are. If you have wide feet, I do suggest ordering 1/2 to 1 size up. Now that they've stretched, I can comfortably wear them with socks. These boots are super cute. Unfortunately they're so narrow that my foot won't even go in. I'll have to order another size up. Disappointed, I had an event to wear them too.
on August 1, 2012
1. These moccasins are MUCH longer than they should be for a 9 1/2. The rubber sole is the right length, but the suede moccasin top extends quite far. These feel more like a 10 or a 10 1/2. There's a lot more than wiggle room, more like an overhang. My feet are kind of narrow and although these are a little sloshy, I don't think that I will be falling or tripping. I recommend these - but do order at least half a size smaller than your true shoe size.

2. These are already my favorite shoes out of the box. They are SO easy to put on. Easier even than my Acorn slippers which I LOVE. They are cute, different than the shoes I see all the time, seem to be well-made. I will be able to wear them to a casual work environment. My pajama jeans fit right over the tops - the ankle is not too thick or bulky for pants, which is all I wear.
The side zipper is nice, has a good suede pull tab. The workmanship looks good. The metal studs look fine - nothing tacky, obtrusive or shoddy. No footbed support, so I wouldn't use them for long walks.
3.My solution to the excess suede leather length - googled "How to shrink leather moccasins" and think that I will drench them in water or alcohol, let them dry, them wear them slightly damp until they fit.
Meanwhile, I have ordered an identical pair (black) in size 9.

I am a shoe-aholic and am truly wondering why I never purchased a pair of Minnetonka before in my life.
on November 27, 2016
I have worn these for 6 months. Color is true to the picture. Had a pair that tied on the side and when those wore out I chose this one. Love the zipper option. Fits just like a moccasin should. This style has a seam behind the heel that seemed a bit thick so I pounded it with a rubber mallet on a metal surface and it took care of the uncomfortable poke in my heel. Fits great but remember, this type of moc has no arch support. I bought s pair of inserts and it helps a lot. I will always own Minnetonka Mocs!
on February 4, 2014
These boots are really cute and great quality. I love wearing them with skinny jeans or with tights and a dress. I am usually a size 6 and so I ordered a size 6. They are too big even with heavy socks, so I'd say size down a half or maybe even full size. I decided to keep mine even though they are too big though - the sizing issue doesn't give me any problems since they are flats, and being booties are secure around the ankle. When I got them, the fringe was all crazy and going in every which direction, but I just smoothed down the fringe, laid the boots on their side and rested some heavy books on top of them for a few days. After that, they looked better, and then the fringe also just naturally calmed down with time. Great buy - love Minnetonka!
on February 25, 2015
Too long and too narrow. So narrow, I don't know who wears these. They are two inches too long for my size 5 foot and yet so narrow I couldn't get my feet into them. The worst fitting shoe I have ever tried on. Not even close! I wear size 5 in everything. These are 2 inches wide and yet the length of a size 7. Very disappointed. If I go bigger, they'll be even longer. What's up? Are mocossains all this narrow???
on November 30, 2015
I wanted to love these boots as they have many great reviews. However, if you have even the slightest bit of a wider foot, they may not fit. I tried them for a week before leaving a review. After one week I have blisters on both pinky toes. I have to wear thin socks so the heels don't rub a blister there too. I think that if I get a size larger than my normal size, they will be too long. A friend who has these, said over time they will stretch out, but the sole itself is on the narrow side. I will keep them and continue to attempt to stretch the width out with larger socks and bandaid up my toes as they look super cute.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 2, 2015
I really love these shoes! They are super cute and comfy and they are different because most people seem to have them, or some variation of them, in a brown or caramel color. I like those as well, but I like to be unique and this raisin color is that! No problems with them as of yet, so I will probably order them in another color like black, or another style of Minnetonka shoes or boots.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.