Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Top Contributor: Petson December 22, 2014
I am LOVING this bootie moccasin! I tried two different styles from Minnetonka- these and the back zip high top boots. The back zip boots I did not care for- it had a pretty thick black solid sole and felt (and sounded) as if I was clunking around in combat boots. I wanted a boot that was lighter weight, and with a sole that wasn't so thick. These are perfect- the sole is flexible and has the little knobbies on the bottom of it. It doesn't make a peep when I walk.

I ordered both my normal size (7 1/2) and one half size smaller in order to compare. The ones in my size although they felt better, the suede didn't lay flat across the top by my toes. It's almost like it has to be pulled snug in order for it to lay right. The half size smaller allowed the suede to fit much better and no buckling across the top. They felt snug, but according to other reviewers they do stretch so that's why I went with the half size smaller. They're snug but not so much to be uncomfortable (and that's even with thick athletic socks on).

At the same time I ordered these I also ordered another pair of moccasins from another company. The suede and stitching on these was much higher quality and workmanship. If the zipper fails after some time I would just take them to the shoe repair shop down the road for a $5 fix. Easy and trust me, they're worth it.

I ordered these in "taupe", which tells me someone at Minnetonka may need to have their eyes checked. They definitely are not taupe. Ladies, if you are looking for a taupe boot, this isn't it. The "taupe" are actually camel, and beautiful!
review image
0Comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I love these moccasins. The rubber sole is very narrow, but the girth of the shoe is wide, so most likely any foot could fit into the shoe, but an average to wide foot will rock on and off the rubber sole as you walk. I was annoyed with it at first, but quickly got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I don't consider it uncomfortable, was just something I had to adapt to. They are also completely flat, HOWEVER, I have very high arches and have not had any pain walking in these shoes. I think it's because the sole on the bottom is so nice to walk on, it's like walking barefoot on carpet, rather than walking barefoot on rocks as some other flat shoes feel to me. The shoe itself is very stylish and I love to wear them with casual outfits, skinny jeans & a sweatshirt. They go with anything; I got the gray. Also pretty warm for the most part, but I wouldn't wear them out in the snow because they are not waterproof and wouldn't probably stain if they got wet. I live in central Nebraska.
on August 1, 2012
1. These moccasins are MUCH longer than they should be for a 9 1/2. The rubber sole is the right length, but the suede moccasin top extends quite far. These feel more like a 10 or a 10 1/2. There's a lot more than wiggle room, more like an overhang. My feet are kind of narrow and although these are a little sloshy, I don't think that I will be falling or tripping. I recommend these - but do order at least half a size smaller than your true shoe size.

2. These are already my favorite shoes out of the box. They are SO easy to put on. Easier even than my Acorn slippers which I LOVE. They are cute, different than the shoes I see all the time, seem to be well-made. I will be able to wear them to a casual work environment. My pajama jeans fit right over the tops - the ankle is not too thick or bulky for pants, which is all I wear.
The side zipper is nice, has a good suede pull tab. The workmanship looks good. The metal studs look fine - nothing tacky, obtrusive or shoddy. No footbed support, so I wouldn't use them for long walks.
3.My solution to the excess suede leather length - googled "How to shrink leather moccasins" and think that I will drench them in water or alcohol, let them dry, them wear them slightly damp until they fit.
Meanwhile, I have ordered an identical pair (black) in size 9.

I am a shoe-aholic and am truly wondering why I never purchased a pair of Minnetonka before in my life.
on November 27, 2016
I have worn these for 6 months. Color is true to the picture. Had a pair that tied on the side and when those wore out I chose this one. Love the zipper option. Fits just like a moccasin should. This style has a seam behind the heel that seemed a bit thick so I pounded it with a rubber mallet on a metal surface and it took care of the uncomfortable poke in my heel. Fits great but remember, this type of moc has no arch support. I bought s pair of inserts and it helps a lot. I will always own Minnetonka Mocs!
on February 4, 2014
These boots are really cute and great quality. I love wearing them with skinny jeans or with tights and a dress. I am usually a size 6 and so I ordered a size 6. They are too big even with heavy socks, so I'd say size down a half or maybe even full size. I decided to keep mine even though they are too big though - the sizing issue doesn't give me any problems since they are flats, and being booties are secure around the ankle. When I got them, the fringe was all crazy and going in every which direction, but I just smoothed down the fringe, laid the boots on their side and rested some heavy books on top of them for a few days. After that, they looked better, and then the fringe also just naturally calmed down with time. Great buy - love Minnetonka!
on February 25, 2015
Too long and too narrow. So narrow, I don't know who wears these. They are two inches too long for my size 5 foot and yet so narrow I couldn't get my feet into them. The worst fitting shoe I have ever tried on. Not even close! I wear size 5 in everything. These are 2 inches wide and yet the length of a size 7. Very disappointed. If I go bigger, they'll be even longer. What's up? Are mocossains all this narrow???
on December 16, 2015
I loved these I had these for two years and only stopped wearing them cause they peed on and I didn't know how to clean them without ruining the suede.

The sole lasts a really long time.

They were too small at first, they were really slim in the width and too small in the length too. But I was looking forward to them so much that I wore them anyways and they eventually stretched out to where they fit comfortably. They were really easy to put on and I wore them pretty much every day until I got rid of them.

I will say however there is no support in them so if you need arch support I probably wouldn't get these and also you will you get major leg and butt workout if you're not already used to wearing shoes without cushions but you'll get used to it if you wear them often enough.

I would definitely buy these again and recommend them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 21, 2015
So I would like to note how cute these are. They are even cuter in person than they appear on screen! Now onto the review of the shoe...

They are ankle height and have an inner zipper that does not quite go all the way up to the top of the boot. They smell really good, which indicates they are real suede.

For everyone with sizing confusion here's my personal experience with them. I have never bought or tried on a pair of Minnetonkas before this so I figured I would order a half size down to start. I am a true size womens 10 med width. I have never needed a bigger size nor a wide size shoe. I have sometimes needed a 9.5 in a boot. So with that said when I tried on the 9.5 they were alittle tough to get on and felt super tight all over especially in the width. I took them off and tried them again a few hours later and decided they must run true to size and placed an order for my normal size, a 10. When they came they were huge. I could slip my foot in and out without unzipping the side. They also were too long and my foot was seriously just all over the place and felt like I had a big floppy shoe on. Did not feel right at all and didn't look as nice as the 9.5 did on my foot. So, I proceeded to put on the 9.5 again and I knew I would keep the 9.5.

With everyone stating that it stretches I know the snug size will stretch and conform to my foot better and the size 10 would just always remain big and floppy. So, it really is personal preference here with the size and how you like them to feel and fit. My true size felt way big all over and the half size smaller was snug and will stretch and mold to my feet with some wear, I hope this clarification helps someone but if not I really suggest trying both sizes and deciding what type of fit feels better for you because they really are completely different. Try them on in store if you can and order through Amazon, they really are great and much cheaper here!

Overall I love this cute bootie and am looking at different styles. Besides the small delay with sizing I havent had any issues with them and cant wait for the snow to melt and Spring weather to come so I can start wearing them out!
review imagereview image
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 13, 2015
These shoes are very narrow. I even tried a half size larger. Those ended up being too long and still too narrow. I love Minnetonka's Kilty moccasins but this style is not good. Kilty moccasins have a good width but these don't. Why can't they be the same!!! :(
on October 24, 2017
These are adorable but so narrow! I usually wear a size 8 but I read some reviews that say the boots ran big and to order down a size. I did and in all I ended up ordering three different sizes; 7.5, 8, and 8.5. All were too narrow. I compared the 8.5 Minnetonka with another size 8 shoe I had and there was almost a half-inch difference in width between the shoes!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.