Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 710 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 734 reviews
on December 22, 2014
I am LOVING this bootie moccasin! I tried two different styles from Minnetonka- these and the back zip high top boots. The back zip boots I did not care for- it had a pretty thick black solid sole and felt (and sounded) as if I was clunking around in combat boots. I wanted a boot that was lighter weight, and with a sole that wasn't so thick. These are perfect- the sole is flexible and has the little knobbies on the bottom of it. It doesn't make a peep when I walk.

I ordered both my normal size (7 1/2) and one half size smaller in order to compare. The ones in my size although they felt better, the suede didn't lay flat across the top by my toes. It's almost like it has to be pulled snug in order for it to lay right. The half size smaller allowed the suede to fit much better and no buckling across the top. They felt snug, but according to other reviewers they do stretch so that's why I went with the half size smaller. They're snug but not so much to be uncomfortable (and that's even with thick athletic socks on).

At the same time I ordered these I also ordered another pair of moccasins from another company. The suede and stitching on these was much higher quality and workmanship. If the zipper fails after some time I would just take them to the shoe repair shop down the road for a $5 fix. Easy and trust me, they're worth it.

I ordered these in "taupe", which tells me someone at Minnetonka may need to have their eyes checked. They definitely are not taupe. Ladies, if you are looking for a taupe boot, this isn't it. The "taupe" are actually camel, and beautiful!
review image
on March 21, 2015
So I would like to note how cute these are. They are even cuter in person than they appear on screen! Now onto the review of the shoe...

They are ankle height and have an inner zipper that does not quite go all the way up to the top of the boot. They smell really good, which indicates they are real suede.

For everyone with sizing confusion here's my personal experience with them. I have never bought or tried on a pair of Minnetonkas before this so I figured I would order a half size down to start. I am a true size womens 10 med width. I have never needed a bigger size nor a wide size shoe. I have sometimes needed a 9.5 in a boot. So with that said when I tried on the 9.5 they were alittle tough to get on and felt super tight all over especially in the width. I took them off and tried them again a few hours later and decided they must run true to size and placed an order for my normal size, a 10. When they came they were huge. I could slip my foot in and out without unzipping the side. They also were too long and my foot was seriously just all over the place and felt like I had a big floppy shoe on. Did not feel right at all and didn't look as nice as the 9.5 did on my foot. So, I proceeded to put on the 9.5 again and I knew I would keep the 9.5.

With everyone stating that it stretches I know the snug size will stretch and conform to my foot better and the size 10 would just always remain big and floppy. So, it really is personal preference here with the size and how you like them to feel and fit. My true size felt way big all over and the half size smaller was snug and will stretch and mold to my feet with some wear, I hope this clarification helps someone but if not I really suggest trying both sizes and deciding what type of fit feels better for you because they really are completely different. Try them on in store if you can and order through Amazon, they really are great and much cheaper here!

Overall I love this cute bootie and am looking at different styles. Besides the small delay with sizing I havent had any issues with them and cant wait for the snow to melt and Spring weather to come so I can start wearing them out!
review image review image
on July 17, 2015
Since these do not have laces that I could tighten, I had to size down a half size (that never happens for me in ANY shoe, this is the first). I didn't want to listen to the reviews about sizing down because I truthfully never have to size up or down for a shoe, I just don't buy the shoe if the fit is not an all around good feel. I know sizing up or down would create issues in other areas generally, but not for these. I liked that the 8.5 size snuggled my foot in better than my original size 9. The style is great and the opening is not too big - another concern of mine after reading some reviews. I really like the double fringe, it definitely makes the boot. I have very wide feet and didn't think these horribly narrow. I would expect that they not be too wide just given that they are mocs - plus, they will stretch, so I am not concerned at all. I wore them out in the rain and was thinking that since the sole is fairly thin my feet rolling over the edge may make the side of the shoes hit the ground and get wet, but they didn't. They ended up just right and I am confident that these will be a great comfort shoe for a while.
on January 5, 2017
Total BUMMER. Got these for my daughter, first a 10, was too big, re-ordered, got a 9.5, fit great, looked great. She wore them first time today to school, was all happy, how cute they were. I get a call, that the entire front sole came off, the stitching ripped apart from the sole. See photos. Now the sad thing is, these ARE totally cute. The second sad thing is I bought them in grey and haven't worn them yet, and am wondering if this is a fluke or I should just return them before it happens again and I'll be stuck as she was at school.
review image review image review image review image review image
on August 1, 2012
1. These moccasins are MUCH longer than they should be for a 9 1/2. The rubber sole is the right length, but the suede moccasin top extends quite far. These feel more like a 10 or a 10 1/2. There's a lot more than wiggle room, more like an overhang. My feet are kind of narrow and although these are a little sloshy, I don't think that I will be falling or tripping. I recommend these - but do order at least half a size smaller than your true shoe size.

2. These are already my favorite shoes out of the box. They are SO easy to put on. Easier even than my Acorn slippers which I LOVE. They are cute, different than the shoes I see all the time, seem to be well-made. I will be able to wear them to a casual work environment. My pajama jeans fit right over the tops - the ankle is not too thick or bulky for pants, which is all I wear.
The side zipper is nice, has a good suede pull tab. The workmanship looks good. The metal studs look fine - nothing tacky, obtrusive or shoddy. No footbed support, so I wouldn't use them for long walks.
3.My solution to the excess suede leather length - googled "How to shrink leather moccasins" and think that I will drench them in water or alcohol, let them dry, them wear them slightly damp until they fit.
Meanwhile, I have ordered an identical pair (black) in size 9.

I am a shoe-aholic and am truly wondering why I never purchased a pair of Minnetonka before in my life.
on March 9, 2017
Love these boots to the moon and back! Will wear these before any other shoes I have in my closet! Will fit a lil snug in the beginning but will stretch to comfort after a couple of wears....outstanding, love Minnetonka!
on February 25, 2017
It's a weird shoe; you'd think it would be comfortable but it's not. It fits me in weird places and other places it rubs my foot in bad ways---
on March 9, 2017
love love love them. I am a true size 9.5, ordered the Olive green in a 9.5 and they are PERFECT!.. I wore Minnetonka as a teenager, and they are just as I remember, comfy too, little bit of arch support. Very happy with them!!
on November 11, 2011
These by far are the most comfortable shoe booties ever...they do run a little big and I mistakenly ordered a half size too large but if you put an inner sole in them, it's like walking on clouds...ordering all colors.
on September 9, 2015
Although these were a bit narrow, I expected that. They have stretched out a tiny bit. They are pretty comfortable and adorable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.