Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 22, 2014
I am LOVING this bootie moccasin! I tried two different styles from Minnetonka- these and the back zip high top boots. The back zip boots I did not care for- it had a pretty thick black solid sole and felt (and sounded) as if I was clunking around in combat boots. I wanted a boot that was lighter weight, and with a sole that wasn't so thick. These are perfect- the sole is flexible and has the little knobbies on the bottom of it. It doesn't make a peep when I walk.

I ordered both my normal size (7 1/2) and one half size smaller in order to compare. The ones in my size although they felt better, the suede didn't lay flat across the top by my toes. It's almost like it has to be pulled snug in order for it to lay right. The half size smaller allowed the suede to fit much better and no buckling across the top. They felt snug, but according to other reviewers they do stretch so that's why I went with the half size smaller. They're snug but not so much to be uncomfortable (and that's even with thick athletic socks on).

At the same time I ordered these I also ordered another pair of moccasins from another company. The suede and stitching on these was much higher quality and workmanship. If the zipper fails after some time I would just take them to the shoe repair shop down the road for a $5 fix. Easy and trust me, they're worth it.

I ordered these in "taupe", which tells me someone at Minnetonka may need to have their eyes checked. They definitely are not taupe. Ladies, if you are looking for a taupe boot, this isn't it. The "taupe" are actually camel, and beautiful!
review image
84 helpful votes
85 helpful votes
on February 15, 2016
I absolutely love my Minnetonkas! They fit great even though I have wide feet. They are the CUTEST shoes I have ever worn and they just keep getting more comfortable! I want to get every style Minnetonka has to offer. Best boots ever!
review image
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on February 25, 2017
It's a weird shoe; you'd think it would be comfortable but it's not. It fits me in weird places and other places it rubs my foot in bad ways---
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 1, 2012
1. These moccasins are MUCH longer than they should be for a 9 1/2. The rubber sole is the right length, but the suede moccasin top extends quite far. These feel more like a 10 or a 10 1/2. There's a lot more than wiggle room, more like an overhang. My feet are kind of narrow and although these are a little sloshy, I don't think that I will be falling or tripping. I recommend these - but do order at least half a size smaller than your true shoe size.

2. These are already my favorite shoes out of the box. They are SO easy to put on. Easier even than my Acorn slippers which I LOVE. They are cute, different than the shoes I see all the time, seem to be well-made. I will be able to wear them to a casual work environment. My pajama jeans fit right over the tops - the ankle is not too thick or bulky for pants, which is all I wear.
The side zipper is nice, has a good suede pull tab. The workmanship looks good. The metal studs look fine - nothing tacky, obtrusive or shoddy. No footbed support, so I wouldn't use them for long walks.
3.My solution to the excess suede leather length - googled "How to shrink leather moccasins" and think that I will drench them in water or alcohol, let them dry, them wear them slightly damp until they fit.
Meanwhile, I have ordered an identical pair (black) in size 9.

I am a shoe-aholic and am truly wondering why I never purchased a pair of Minnetonka before in my life.
on November 27, 2016
I have worn these for 6 months. Color is true to the picture. Had a pair that tied on the side and when those wore out I chose this one. Love the zipper option. Fits just like a moccasin should. This style has a seam behind the heel that seemed a bit thick so I pounded it with a rubber mallet on a metal surface and it took care of the uncomfortable poke in my heel. Fits great but remember, this type of moc has no arch support. I bought s pair of inserts and it helps a lot. I will always own Minnetonka Mocs!
on August 6, 2017
They are not right for me they are far too narrow. The quality was good. And Amazon was wonderful and returned my money right away and free shipping back was a bonus
on August 17, 2016
I bought these boots in size 8. I worried a bit about sizing after reading the reviews but I must say that these fit perfectly and seem extremely comfortable. They do not look unusually long on the foot to me, as I saw in one review. I feel they are well made and love the suede! Feels like the '60's all over again! For me, that is a good thing.
on December 16, 2015
I loved these I had these for two years and only stopped wearing them cause they peed on and I didn't know how to clean them without ruining the suede.

The sole lasts a really long time.

They were too small at first, they were really slim in the width and too small in the length too. But I was looking forward to them so much that I wore them anyways and they eventually stretched out to where they fit comfortably. They were really easy to put on and I wore them pretty much every day until I got rid of them.

I will say however there is no support in them so if you need arch support I probably wouldn't get these and also you will you get major leg and butt workout if you're not already used to wearing shoes without cushions but you'll get used to it if you wear them often enough.

I would definitely buy these again and recommend them.
on January 11, 2017
Once the shoes were on my feet, they were comfortable; however, these were extremely difficult to actually get my foot into (and I have very narrow feet). Also, the top of the shoe rubbed against my leg. They look great on, but just not very comfortable.
on October 13, 2015
These shoes are very narrow. I even tried a half size larger. Those ended up being too long and still too narrow. I love Minnetonka's Kilty moccasins but this style is not good. Kilty moccasins have a good width but these don't. Why can't they be the same!!! :(
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.