Truck Season Automotive Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

• Customer Reviews

on January 7, 2013
I know most of you are planning to use these as in-house only shoes, but I just thought I would let you all know that this past Summer I was following some words of a friend that insisted "the Native Americans used shoes made of leather to walk on dirt, why can't we". I worked all summer in the mountains at a lodge and every week I would go on a different hike wearing these softsole moccasins, and all three months they held strong without getting a rip in the soles. Anyone walking on concrete all day are going to tear them apart within weeks, but anyone in the situation I was this summer, walking on soft dirt trails, will have a wonderful hiking shoe that will be light and will grip to rocks as if you were barefoot. I had friends that had used those vibrum five fingers one summer and then switched to moccasins, and preferred the moccasins, bar none. To make them more waterproof, just set them next to a smokey fire! I still wear them to this day. They might be my favorite shoe of all time.
193 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on October 19, 2016
I bought these to use for 'grounding', so I took the inside cushion out (it was in there really good) and wear them outdoors walking on the grass so I don't have to go barefoot this time of year. Perfect for my use.
16 people found this helpful
on September 11, 2016
Love these moccasins but a few words of advice to future purchasers. Definitely size down a full size if you're going barefoot. Moccasins will stretch very quickly so the best fit would be very close fit. Of course the socks take up a little room so that's another reason. If you are getting these for Earthing be aware that you won't be able to remove the cushion insole. Someone else says it's easily removed. Either they received a defective pair or they want to give bad advice. The insoles have very strong Industrial strength glue holding the cushion sole inside the shoe. It will NOT come out.
19 people found this helpful
on July 30, 2017
I have worn these daily for several months and love them. They are perfect for what I need them for. It was recommended by a physical therapist to walk barefoot or in soft-sole shoes to help correct the mechanics of my gait. These are perfect for this because the light, flexible, soft inner sole gives enough protection so I can wear them in the yard including over a gravel driveway, yet my foot and toes can feel the ground or floor which is the point. I wear them indoors as slippers, outside while doing yard and garden work and once in a while for casual footwear away from home. I ordered my regular size and they were too big, so I returned for the next size down and they are perfect. The leather will stretch where your foot needs the room. If these ever wear out, I will buy them again.
4 people found this helpful
on February 26, 2017
If you don't like wearing shoes in your house for whatever reason these are a great choice. Sometimes when people might trip on rugs or other things in the house, one choice is socks but a better one might be soft sole moccasins. This is my third pair. Wear one pair outside - the others inside. I noted people complaining about the fact they have no "regular" soles. These are soft soles which means there is the same leather on the top as the bottom. These same shoes are available with rubber soles elsewhere on the Amazon website. These customers probably didn't look at the photos on the same page as these moccasins which show the bottoms of the shoes. I found them true to size.
3 people found this helpful
on June 12, 2016
I just wanted to echo the reviewers before me that state these moccasins run large. I was so torn on what size to order bc there is a fair number of people saying their normal size fit. I ordered a 6.5 but they were way too big...I couldn't decide if I should size down to a 6 or 5.5....I decided on the 5.5 and I'm glad I did. If you're on the fence and a Prime member it's probably worth just ordering both sizes and using the free return service. I don't know why I didn't just do that myself! In my opinion these are heavenly and worth the trouble.
7 people found this helpful
on July 24, 2016
So this is my 2nd pair, the first I still have and use in the garage as they have really stretched out. Love these slippers! Since I forgot they run big, I am returning and getting a full size smaller. I wear an 8.5 woman's shoe and I am ordering the 7.5. It may be a little tight to start but they really do stretch. Benefit - as they stretch you can cinch them up with the lace that runs around the outside and ties in front. Big plus...these are NOT made in China. The set I last time came from S. America and these did as well.
5 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2016
I bought these for earthing so I removed the cushioned inserts. Took a little work to get all the glue and foam out but well worth it. The look is great and you can feel connected to the ground when walking in these. Avoid paved roads and sidewalks as they will wear down the soles faster. But for dirt walking and hiking, I can see these lasting a long time.
6 people found this helpful
on July 15, 2016
I am a fan of minnetonka moccasins, and have had a pair of either boots, moccasins, or slippers around for the last 15 years. I have never had any trouble with my minnetonka or had them wear out, but rather have had trouble with female relatives with similar sized feet making off with them and not returning them once it is discovered how comfy they are!
I lusted after this pair for a few months before I finally decided to splurge a little, and I was so happy I did. These soft sole moccasins are a dream. Please note they are SOFT SOLE, so just the leather of the moccasin on the bottom. I love being barefoot, and wanted some shoes that would give me a little protection on my feet but still let me feel the earth under my feet when walking peacefully in nature. They are also amazing as slippers or as shoes for long car trips. I have these in storm blue, and they look to be a lovely shade of gray. I mostly wear neutral colors and these work with everything in my wardrobe.
18 people found this helpful
on April 5, 2017
Somewhere my husband read that they should be ordered one size up (not sure where he read it) because if they were too big you can tighten them with the shoelace. No you cannot. Since they are just for in the house, I wear them anyway. Next time I will buy the smaller ones. Not the seller's fault.
4 people found this helpful