Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $14.30 shipping
Minuteman International AB-01 No Mess Ash Box
|Price:||$32.29 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$7.70 (19%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Measures 18-inch l by 10-inch w by 2.5-inch h
- Powder coated black
- Can also be used as a scoop
- Durable for indoor and outdoor use
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
On the plus side:
1. The metal of the ash box itself seems sturdy enough.
2. The shape about 3 inches high and 12 inches wide is a good size and shape for most wood stoves, fireplaces ans inserts.
3. With the lid open the height is about 6 inches but that is towards the back of the box so that also works and it has a little wood handle for closing the lid when its full. Also good.
4. The size minimizes the number of scoops required to clean out all the built up ashes.
5. Since it is metal the ashes can be hot when removed and you don't have to wait for them to be completely cold.
6. It minimizes ash dust but does not totally eliminate it.
On the down side:
1. The handle screws into the box metal that is only reinforced with a washer. This does not feel very sturdy to me.
2. Where a dustpan is balanced when full by placing the handle at the top and tapering to the sides of the pan to reinforce the pan, this ash box has the handle in the back center of the weight with nothing to balance it and hold the weight except the handle and metal washer. This makes it very awkward to use.
3.Read more ›
I scoop the ash up, close the lid inside the stove, and then step outside to dump the ashes in the bucket.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product, stops all ash and dust from escaping while cleaning wood stove.Published 6 months ago by frank
Love this thing! Solved the ash cleanup problem without creating a real mess!Published 8 months ago by water
Really nice for the money. Lot cheaper than the alternatives. Just take a scoop out every day or so. No mess like before. Handle design could be better. Could be more sturdy.Published 9 months ago by dabby66
Decent quality ashbox. It could be made much better, but for the price- I guess that's what you get. We have a 1. Read morePublished 16 months ago by G, Boston, MA
This is a great device if your fireplace is big enough. I have an insert and if I open the lid on this "shovel" it doesn't fit in the fireplace opening.Published 18 months ago by Lisa Reid
Has cut down on ash all around my fireplace. I have a wood burning insert and I have been burning a lot of wood this winter and need to clean the insert every 3 days. Read morePublished 19 months ago by vik