Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Minutes to Midnight
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 18, 2007
Minutes to Midnight has a blend of everything except for country. Instead of their generic rock-rap version on every track of their past few cds, they decided to go with something different. And I praise them for it. I don't see why so many people hate this album and were so quick to write such bad reviews. Anyways, get this album!! It's better than anything else out this summer.
on May 29, 2007
Not a kid.

3.5 stars

Their previous albums are getting pale so quick, on the contrary, this album totally grows on me. Totally. The more I listen to this album, the more I love it.

It's emotional and has depressive atmosphere.

So far, the only thing on this album that I dislike is the factitious f words.

Nice work, guys.
on May 2, 2009
this album is sad. it is far from the rockin' Hybrid Theory. i am very disappointed that i have wasted my money on this one! they really need to pick up the pace. i don't want ballads from these guys.
on May 18, 2007
This cd stinks! It is good for nothing more than a coaster or a frisbee! Rick, what happened? I love their first 2 cd's, but all of their talent has vanished. Too Bad!
on May 17, 2007
I was scared to death to purchase this album because of all the bad hype it was getting. Mike wasn't rapping, Chester didn't use his vocals well enough, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then I heard the album and I was amazed and also glad that the album was not sounding the same as the other two. Don't get me wrong, Hybrid Theory and Meteora was two spectacular albums and was the best investment of those years, but with time and years comes growth. I'm glad they matured and showed another side to their talent. I'd almost be scared if they released the same sounding album. If they had sounded the same, that would be the end of their music because eventually their sound would become outdated and boring.

Wake: 10/10 I thought this was a great way to introduce the album.

Given Up: 10/10

Leave Out all the Rest: 11/10

Bleed it Out: 10/10

Shadow of the Day: 10/10

What I've Done: 15/10 Great first release

Hands Held High: 12/10 Anyone with a political sense of what is really going on in the world will appreciate the stance LP took on the issues.

No More Sorrow: 11/10

Valentine's Day: 10/10

In Between: 20/10 You better work it Mike!!!!!! One of my favorites.

In Pieces: 10/10

The Little Things Give you Away: 20/10 Priceless tribute to the Hurricane Katrina disaster. The media may have forgotten those displaced by the hurricane, but that doesn't mean everyone has.

All in all this album was great and anyone with musical ears can hear that. I will now speak to those downloading the music rather than buying it. Take it from a girl who tried very hard to hear the album before the cd came out, the album is hard to get on the internet. What you're hearing is songs that are not of the album. If you are rating off the internet version that wasn't cross-checked with authentic samples from the album, you should remove your rating and buy the album and then rate the real material. I won't look down on you for downloading because I also tried to get the album that way to make sure it was worth buying, but don't rate unless you really know what the music sounds like. I can't wait until they release a reanimation 2 because we all know that there probably will be one and those who hate the album will come back and say "now I get the maturity and reasoning behind the album. Our ratings were stupid and ill-conceived!!"
66 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2007
I bought the Linkin Park album and put myself through the pain of sitting and listening to every second of every song. This album is Linkin Park at their WORST!! They should of never went with producer Rick Rubin and should of stayed with Don Gilmore. Linkin Park is ruined!! I have bought all there cds' as they have come out but because of this one I will listen to somebody elses before I will buy there next album!! DO NOT waste your money!!
on May 17, 2007
First of all, I am a country music fan, and I am a linkin park fan and always will be. linkin park are one of the only "rock" bands I listen to that I consider very good. This album is a great album. I will admit its not as good as there first 2 but its still linkin park. Most of the songs are really cool and well written. just be open minded and enjoy the music
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2007
Its been about 3 years since Linkin Park has released a new album and i was a little concered because it has been so long but i listened to the whole cd from beginning to end and its soooooooo good!! The sound is really different but thats what makes this cd soooo good!! I would recommend anyone who is a fan to get this cd ASAP!!!!!
on January 12, 2009
Linkin Park sucks that's all there is to it. Use your brain, if a lame band records an album it's gonna be a lame album!
on May 15, 2007
When I First Heard That Rick Ruben Was Behind This CD I Got Really Excited, With All His Work With Slipknot, Jay-Z, And Countless Other Bands I Though This Would Have Been Old School Rockin LP But No. They Change There Style For The Worst, When Some Bands Change Style It Can Be Refreshing And A Good Thing But Not With These Guys. This Is One Of The Biggest Flops I Have Ever Heard, The Days Of Headbanging And Mosh Pits Are Over Traded In For Slow Garbage. It Is Not Even Worth Time To Sample It, Find Some Sucker That Has It And Laugh At Him For Making Such A Bad Mistake Like I Did. When They Go On Tour This Summer You Will Not Hear One Song Off This CD, Maybe The Single Because That Is The Hardest Song On Here. I Feel Your Pain Die Hard LP Fans, Let Hope They Never Repeat This Sound, EVER.