Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on January 24, 2009
I bought this watch because I really, really hate wearing the chest straps for other heart rate monitoring watches.

It certainly fits the bill but like others I have had the experience that if I'm moving too much while I'm running (especially at higher heart rates) it has a hard time picking out my heart rate. It'll get it but it might take 20 seconds of me grabbing my wrist.

The calorie countdown function is sort of neat. I guess it gives you another goal to shoot for if you need one. It seems to count higher calories burned for the same amount of work than other watches that I've used. I think I'm decent at keeping my heart rate consistent so I'm not sure if this one is more accurate or less accurate. The difference doesn't seem to be that much regardless.

I also found the wristband something that took a lot of getting used too. Maybe it's because I'm not used to wristbands like this but I didn't find it comfortable at all. I hardly notice it now though.

Overall, I'll keep using it in lieu of other heart rate monitoring watches because not having to wear that chest strap means that much to me, haha.
on April 21, 2014
The calories consumed feature is grossly inaccurate. I purchased this watch at Sport Chalet in Glendora Ca. Salesperson knew very little about the product. The instructions that came with the watch lacks clarity. Navigating through the various steps is an experience of continuous frustrations. The website can use some clarity too. Trying to reach a live contact at MIO is another experience of frustration. I sense a disinterest by MIO and their personnel.
on February 12, 2010
I am starting a workout program and decided to purchase this watch to help me keep track mostly of my heart rate while working and also when resting, nice that it wil also measure calories burned. If you take your pulse several times during workouts it will also show you how many calories you have burned based on your level of activity. The setup was very easy out of the box (do read the instructions first). Unlike other reviewers I have not had any problems taking my heart rate while working out, it's very easy and so nice not to have to wear a chest strap which I did NOT want to have to do. I also feel it is much more accurate than the so/so readings I am able to get from the heart rate monitor on my treadmill. The only reason for the 4 rating is that it is rather large for a woman although that doesn't particularly bother me because I like to wear larger mens watches, and I wish you could get it in other colors - not crazy about the red color.
on October 30, 2008
I wasn't making any progress in my weight loss efforts, so I got this watch to see where my heart rate is while I exercise. Turns out, I wasn't exercising efficiently. Now I know right where to be. I love the dual timer modes, and use them while following the run-walk program in the book. it is easy to measure your heart rate while you are doing your workout.I also love how it keeps track of your total calories burned, so you know once you burn a whole pound off (3500 calories).
on June 18, 2008
I have been using the MIO for about 2 weeks now and I like it. I am always looking for new ways/ tools to make my workouts interesting and that is why I bought it. I especially like the 3500 cal countdown which I find even motivates me to use the stairs as I just love seeing the numbers reduce.
Not sure if it is because I am just not used to wearing such large watches but I find it a little uncomfortable and for some reason it seems either too tight or too slack.
Despite that - I think it is good value for money and would recommend it to my friends.
on June 10, 2014
Easy to setup and get going. looking forward to reading my heart rate when I exercise. Have the range established.
on August 23, 2010
Had I paid more for this I probably would have been disappointed. But since I got it $10-$20 cheaper than most places I have been pretty pleased with it. HRM can be slow to read sometimes, but for the most part it's quick. I've tested accuracy against the treadmill and other gym equipment HRMs and it they seem to be on target maybe a couple of points difference, but nothing significant.
on August 7, 2008
This watch is great. My trainer wanted me to get a heart rate and calorie monitor. I first opted for a more stylish Suunto... returned it immediately once i saw the chest strap. I later decided that that brand is garbage. Anyways, the MIO is strapless and the heart rate monitor is flawless. I just got back from the gym and was eager to rate this product because i matched the exact HR with the running machine I was on. It does what I need it to do and at a great price. I recommend it. PS although not quite stylish enough to wear if u are going out.
on May 23, 2010
I like the looks and also the functions. The only setback is getting a pulse rate when you are exercising, it sometimes takes multiple attempts. Overall, for the price, it's great.
on August 25, 2009
Have now owned three Mio watches. While I really like the concept I'm extremely frustrated with the quality of the instrument. I have only been able to keep each watch about six months before something goes wrong. In one case the wrist band broke, in another the face disappeared, and most recently the four buttons on the sides are not working. I had to go back to the Timex Ironman, and even though I cannot automatically get my heart rate... I certainly have a watch that is more dependable. Unfortunate but that is the experience I have had.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.