Mio VELO Cycling Heart Rate Monitor Wristband
|Price:||$57.63 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Comfortable and accurate alternative to a heart rate monitor chest strap.
- Transmit data from ANT+ speed and cadence sensors straight to iOS smartphone apps.
- Transmits heart rate to smartphone, GPS watch & bike computer.
- Sync wirelessly via Bluetooth Smart (4.0) to popular fitness apps.
- 5 heart rate zones with colored LED lights.
- Water resistant up to 30m (3 ATM / 100 ft.)
- Compatible with Mio PAI app (Personal Activity Intelligence).
- For Mio product support, please contact 1-877-770-1116 (Mon-Fri: 9am to 5pm PST).
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Mio Continuous Technology
Every Mio Performance Wearable contains our award-winning Optical Heart Rate Technology. No matter what speed you’re training at, this patented technology can sense the volume of blood beneath your skin, and immediately apply world-class algorithms to measure your heart’s rhythm and display your heart rate in the moment.
Transform your smartphone into a powerful all-in one bike computer
Mio VELO transmits heart rate with both Bluetooth Smart (4.0) and ANT+, so you can display and store heart rate data with your smartphone, bike computer, GPS watch, or any other compatible device. VELO also bridges ANT+ speed and cadence sensors to Bluetooth Smart (4.0), so you can capture all your cycling data on your smartphone!
VELO is easy to use: press and hold the button to begin transmitting your heart rate, and press and hold again to stop. Use the Mio GO app to set up your custom heart rate zones, and the LED will flash to display your current heart rate zone. You can pair cycling sensors through Mio GO or iOS cycling apps such as Wahoo Fitness, Strava, and Cyclemeter.
Connect Your VELO
VELO is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 smartphones including iPhone 4S and higher, iPad 3rd generation and higher, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, and Android devices 4.3 or higher with Bluetooth 4.0.
Transmit your heart rate during your ride to ANT+ compatible bike computers from Garmin, Magellan, Cateye, CycleOps, and more.
VELO connects with ANT+ fitness equipment including spin bikes and bike trainers from Tacx, Schwinn, Star Trac, and BODY BIKE.
Use VELO with GPS devices and fitness watches, including those from Garmin, Suunto, and Timex.
Connect Your Fitness Experience
Picture the beat of your heart displayed on the screen of your phone or through your favorite fitness apps. With built-in Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ connectivity, Mio VELO frees you to connect and share your fitness data in real-time with dozens of popular iPhone and Android fitness apps, GPS watches, and bike computers. You can also use the Mio GO app to personalize your heart rate zones.
In The Box:
- VELO heart rate monitoring wristband
- USB charging dock with magnetic alignment
- VELO Quick Start Guide
- VELO Warranty Information
Visit mioglobal.com/compatibility for up-to-date information on device compatibility.
Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+
Sensors: Optical heart rate
Battery: Rechargeable Li-Poly
Battery Life: 7-8 hours
Water Resistance: 3 ATM (30m)
Mio VELO fits wrists 149-208mm / 5.9”-8.2”
Why Train With Heart?
“Heart rate monitoring is the single most accurate means to understanding how your body is responding to exercise and the activities of daily life.”-Mark Gorelick, PhD (Biomedical Science)
Director of Product Science & Innovation at Mio Global
- Understand your physiological response to exercise with real-time, continuous feedback.
- Prevent injury caused by overtraining and improper pacing.
- Improve workout efficiency and effectiveness by training in the appropriate heart rate zone.
- Develop your body’s ability to use fat as fuel.
- Accurately track your progress.
Ready to enjoy a more comfortable ride? Then it’s time to ditch the heart rate monitor chest strap. Mio VELO tracks your heart rate with peak accuracy from the wrist, so you can train with heart and train in comfort. Plus, it bridges your existing ANT+ sensors with Bluetooth Smart, so you can track your heart rate, speed, and cadence data all in one place. Don’t let the elements get in the way of your training. Whether you’re riding in hot, cold, rainy or windy weather, VELO’s rugged engineering can endure all training conditions, so you can track your heart rate with peak precision, in real time, all the time.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. The charging cradle has a cord that is about 4 inches long. It should either be longer, or come with a female USB cable so you can plug it in.
2. It is very easy to knock slightly off the charging station and have it go dead.
3. The only display is a colored LED. It's fine for viewing what heartrate zone you're in, but problems like dead battery, when it's on/off aren't as easy to decipher all the time.
An update after riding with it for over a month: It has worked flawlessly and has been comfortable even on a couple of metric centuries (~4 hr rides). Photo shows how i have been wearing it.
I've tried moving arms, moving up, all the stuff posted and this device continues to let me down. Guess I'll just go back to my Garmin strap.
If you are in the very small target market for this, it's OK. I wish it worked with a wider range of ANT+ devices like power meters, and was suitable for wear beyond the ride.
The Mio VELO has performed flawlessly out of the box and hasn't missed a beat since. No pun intended. I usually don't write reviews but this is a special product!
Most recent customer reviews
band fits comfortably.