Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Miracle Blanket Swaddle, Blue
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Color: Blue|Change

on July 23, 2006
We received the miracle blanket as a gift when our daughter was 4 weeks old. After trying the swaddle me to keep her asleep for longer periods and having no success, we were delighted that the miracle blanket worked so well. Within 10 days, she was sleeping through the night! I strongly recommend this product.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2011
We had used regular receiving blankets, SwaddleMe with velcro, and Woombies... the Woombie wasn't a true swaddle, but we like the product as a transition product and use it. However, for true sleep we NEED our son swaddled. We had read "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and watched the DVD, and had seen a real difference in getting our son to sleep swaddled, but he is a strong boy and kept busting out of regular blankets and the velcro blankets - or he would move his hands until the top part of the velcro blankets were up around his neck and face! So not safe! We spent the money to buy the Miracle Blanket and have used it for 2 nights and naps - it is great! He never comes out of it! The only frustration is the foot pocket, like other folks have said - sometimes he kicks out of it, but if I do it right and cover the foot pocket with both blanket flaps, it stays pretty well. It hasn't been a "Miracle that caused our baby to sleep frequently and long hours" that it was for some, but it definitely is the BEST swaddler we've seen since our 9 week old was born! It keeps his arms in the right position and doesn't come undone! I found changing a diaper wasn't bad, I just slipped his feet out of the foot pocket and pushed the blanket up a little and didn't have to unswaddle! It is light and I love that the material isn't too thick so he doesn't get too hot. LOVE this blanket and will use it with all our future babies!
review image
on November 3, 2015
okay, if you have a newborn hanging out at your house, you need to buy this. I could care less if the people at Miracle Blanket get to buy nice cars or not, but this thing works. We've used other swaddle blankets and this works the best. He sleeps like crazy in it and if he could talk he'd definitely say "thanks for putting me in this amazing blanket every night, it helps me sleep much better than I'd sleep without it, you are the best parents I could have asked for, and when I make a ton of money someday I'll give most of it to you for helping me sleep so well as an infant".
on February 7, 2016
My review on this swaddle is long time over due. I believe this is truly a "miracle blanket"! Our daughter loved it from the moment we took her from the hospital; I've tried other swaddles (with velcro) but she didn't like them and was constantly tossing and not being able to sleep fully. She immediately took a liking to the miracle swaddle. At first, I admit we were a bit intimidated with the proper technique for this swaddle, but by carefully following the instructions and with a bit of practice, we could get a hang of it quite easily. The key is not to squeeze her arms too tightly inside the flaps and leave her some room inside them, but at the same time to firmly wrap the rest of the swaddle around her. If you are looking for a swaddle for your little one, I encourage you to give the miracle blanket a try, even if at first all the wrappings might seem intimidating, I assure you that after a few trials it becomes almost mechanical! Also, there is no velcro to deal with which I think is a big plus since the noise from the velcro tends to wake up/startle baby when she's half asleep during those middle of the night feedings. I hope this helped.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 3, 2007
I must admit that in the past I haven't had the best luck with products containing "miracle" in their name. However, this blanket is the shining exception!

Our son was a very big boy -- 10 lb, 6 oz of joy. We had read Harvey Karp's "The Happiest Baby on the Block" (highly recommended) and we knew we wanted to swaddle him. We had planned to use a receiving blanket, but we quickly found out that none of them were remotely big enough. Not even close. We spent a ton of money buying bigger blankets, and we tried two other expensive swaddling blankets as well. Nothing worked, nothing held the baby, and all three of us were desperate to get some sleep. We even bought a cheap sheet set and tore it up to get some bigger patches of cloth. No dice.

Finally, I ordered this blanket online (Amazon didn't carry it at the time, alas.) BINGO -- our son slept through the night at once! Yes! We had to wake him from a sound, swaddled sleep to change and feed him; he went back down like a rock as soon as we re-swaddled him. He loved this blanket. When he saw us coming with it, he'd try to lie quietly with his arms in his sides in anticipation of the (very simple) process of swaddling him up. And I loved the fact that this blanket was so soft and comforting and had no snaps or any other fasteners that could rub him.

I should mention that the two new parents I gave this to as a shower gift were pathetically grateful, and couldn't stop gushing. I understand; for a new parent, anything that grants you sleep is your favorite thing in the world.

A note to parents considering this blanket: Be prepared for some of your friends (especially the childless ones) to recoil in horror at the thought of swaddling. "You're tying your baby up?" "What if he suffocates?" "But he won't be able to move! It's cruel!", etc., etc. These people probably mean well, but their comments are very ignorant. The fact is, your baby has just spent months in the most confined space imaginable -- a womb where he could barely budge at all. And new parents will immediately notice that newborn babies have virtually no control over their newly freed arms -- they'll startle themselves from sleep time and again, then start flailing their hands around and scratching their faces raw. Newborns don't have the neurological control to stop themselves from flailing, so they love it when you return them to the safe, warm, familiar confinement they remember from the womb.

Another comment you'll hear from some people is, "How do you know when the baby doesn't need to be swaddled any more?" Easy. They start to wriggle out of the swaddling. They may not be able to talk, but they'll let you know clearly when they're ready to move on.
on July 26, 2013
This swaddle worked for us for a while before our 2 month old started breaking out of it. His feet would come out first then his arms. He only broke out of it during his night time sleep (8pm-7am)...not during his naps. We now double swaddle. We use the Miracle Blanket and the Woombie. I feel like we are regressing but he sleeps so well swaddled.
on January 6, 2015
This blanket has been a godsend. Was not expecting my 2 month old (now 3 months) to sleep through the night with this blanket. We bought it to help transition him to the bassinet because he wouldn't sleep in it at all, and I was hoping to get a nice 4-hour nap before he woke me up for food (our bed is not the safest for co-sleeping). Imagine my surprise when I put him down at 10 and he slept till 5 am! 7 hours. What more can a mom ask for? Especially because 5am will be our new wake-up time on weekdays!
on April 19, 2016
After trying the Swaddle Me for a few weeks, our little escape artist could get too much leverage in it and was able to wake himself up. Switching to the Miracle Blanket solved that problem. While it takes a few practice runs to get really good at wrapping it, once you can it is easy to get snugger than the Swaddle Me or a plain blanket. This is going to be a go-to gift to new parents, from us. It is that good. Between this and the Magic Sleep Suit, you will have great nights of sleep until they can sleep on their stomach.
on January 9, 2008
When my wife returned home from her shower in a u-haul I was a bit overwhelmed. I love my child but not all the gear that he came with. I find myself asking my questions like, "Why do we need two strollers if we never leave the house."
I don't mean to sound ungrateful but it was a bit much. Anyway, at the back of the truck was this small nondescript blanket. We tried it for the first time when our son was a few weeks old and he has not slept in anything else. He is coming up on 6 months.
I love this blanket almost as much as my son and I am dreading the day when we grows out of it. (we use it now just to swaddle his arms since he is too tall for it)
I buy this for everyone I know that is expecting. It is amazing and on my list of 5 things parents must have. Car seat, diapers, camera and a blanket to lie on are the others, the rest of the stuff can stay in the u-haul.
on March 12, 2016
I first bought a Miracle Blanket when my daughter was seven weeks old. On the second night, she slept through the night for the very first time and continued that pattern consistently afterward. I kept her in it until she could work her arms free, around age 5 months. I had tried several other swaddling blankets, and this was the only one that kept her snug all night long so that she couldn't jerk herself awake.

Because I wished that I had had one of these from day one, I've been giving these blankets as shower gifts for years.