- File Size: 2521 KB
- Print Length: 205 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Miracle Morning Publishing (June 3, 2016)
- Publication Date: June 3, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01FWGH4GO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#23,134 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #18 in Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- #35 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills
- #66 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship
The Miracle Morning for Writers: How to Build a Writing Ritual That Increases Your Impact and Your Income (Before 8AM) (The Miracle Morning Book Series) Kindle Edition
|Length: 205 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
And that is what this book "The Miracle Morning for Writer's" is about. As a writer, the one thing that I have struggled with is the systematic routine to get those words written. I thought that just deciding to write at a certain time of day was enough, and that it would get done. But there were so many things stopping my success. I would wake up early with the best intentions and then, instead of writing, start checking email. Then reply to email. Then check Facebook. Then hit all my likes and make comments on all the posts I was following. Soon my Miracle Morning became my “get up and waste time” morning.
This book is packed with so much useful knowledge and actionable content that, it is in and of itself, a course designed to get you [the writer] to take action on your writing and get your book finished. But this isn’t just another book on “How to write a book”. It provides writers with the inspiration, strategies and proven tactics to become productive, energetic, and how to earn an income as prolific writer.
The Miracle Morning for Writers "Nuts and Bolts"
MMFW introduces the LIFE S.A.V.E.R.S. strategies: 6 practices that blast your productivity right to the top each and every morning if you follow through. This is a powerful section with mind-blowing strategies that will definitely get you turned onto life every day.
S.A.V.E.R.S. Stands for:
Steve Scott walks through each of these steps in the book, providing good examples of how best to apply the S.A.V.E.R.S. practices for maximum performance. Using these in combination for the first hour of the day is going to put you on top of your writing game.
Chapter 4 dives onto the Writing Habit. As the authors discuss, building the writing habit and keeping it consistent is an obstacle for everyone. But we are given no-fluff actionable tasks and solid advice for getting writing done, even if it is only 500 words a day. As the “Miracle Morning For Writers” points out, and a tribute to Stephen Guise from Mini-Habits, it isn’t the amount you write everyday but keeping with the consistency of the writing habit.
Moving into the book further we are given powerful strategies for: Eliminating limiting beliefs about writing: Learn 6 strategies for getting rid of your beliefs holding you back from writing.
As artists, creatives or freelancer writers, we are often so worried about what people will think of our work that we forget it is a business too. In chapter 5 the authors show us how to start treating this as a job as much as it is a craft.
The strategies shared are:
- The writing routines of famous authors like Trollope who wrote 50 novels in his lifetime by sticking to a regimented schedule.
- How to schedule time for writing: This section has great actionable strategies for organizing your writing routine, and the when, where and how much of writing. We also learn the importance of tracking writing and the various apps available for this.
- Jerry Seinfeld’s “Don’t break the chain” habit and how to apply to your daily writing schedule to keep you on track.
- How to increase your word count!
- How to track your brilliant ideas! This chapter is crunched with a wealth of info. How to use Evernote [my favorite software] for gathering ideas and organizing them into sections and stacks.
- Creating consistent content that readers love! In this chapter we are given specific strategies for engaging with readers and delivering what they love the most…valuable content!
- Working with an editor and finalizing your final draft…you definitely have to read this part of the book if nothing else.
My favorite part in MMFW is the Monetizing Your Writing section. In this part of the book Hal and Steve walk you through the various ways writers can make cash from writing: self publishing books, freelance writing, or the more traditional route with traditional publishing. There are so many useful links here that you can just click and start taking action towards whatever goal you have in mind.
Finally we have the chapter on building an author platform: what a great way to finish off the book, by giving writers an extended powerhouse of links, detailed tasks and actionable steps they can implement to build an online [and offline] presence. I would have easily paid ten times as much for this book.
The bottom line:
The Miracle Morning for Writers is a wealthy funnel of serious actionable tasks easily compiled for convenience into one location. With just this book [and I’ve read many books on “How to succeed as a writer”] you can take your business from scratch and build it into something great that changes lives. [including your own!]. Getting back to the Miracle Morning section, it all begins with this. Since reading this book I am committed to rising early and putting the SAVERS routine into action. Then, with the rest of the content in this book following through and making it happen. A solid investment, the Miracle Morning for Writers is enough to put you on top of the game and come out a winner!
I've always been a bit skeptical about affirmations, because they just seemed a bit too "woo woo" for me. But the affirmation examples in this book really resonated with me and so did the visualization examples.
Another thing that I appreciated about the book were the examples of people who write consistently, including some who worked full-time jobs on top of writing. I loved those because they helped me to see that I don't have to choose between doing client work and publishing my own books. I really can have it all, and the Miracle Morning for Writers is what makes it all possible.
The strategies in this book really are life-changing. It's only been a week, but I can tell already that they will be instrumental to my success as an author. So for that I am forever grateful to Hal Elrod and Steve Scott for writing this book. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because there are waaayyy to many typos, especially considering that this is a book about how to be a good writer. Scott actually talks extensively about editing and recommends the editor of the book by name. Well, let's just say that I most definitely will NOT be hiring her to edit any of my books.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills