Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Miracle Sealants 511 QT SG 511 Impregnator Penetrating Sealer, Quart
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Size Name: Quart|Change

on September 11, 2014
I wanted to wait a while before giving a review. This product seems to live up to its name. I cleaned a section of my dark granite countertop thoroughly, then applied the product to the dry granite. (I used a 3-4" sponge brush to apply it uniformly. I can't think of a better way to apply such a sealant.) I waited approx. 30 minutes for it to dry, then removed the residue well with soft bath towels. It took some time and muscle to do it well. The granite was noticeably smoother and slicker than the untreated areas. Weeks later, it still felt smooth and sealed, after many wipe-ups with damp dish towels.

I also used the product on the rather porous tile backsplash and grout. This type of application is not meant to be wiped down afterward. I suppose if your backsplash is a shiny ceramic/stone, it would be appropriate to wipe off the residue after it dries. On my porous, stone tile and grout, I noted that the product caused it to darken dramatically upon application. I crossed my fingers it would lighten back up after drying, and it did - completely. The tile and backsplash now has a distinctly smooth, protectively-coated feeling. I am confident this product will be a great protectant from moisture for my granite and stone tile work. A little goes a long way, so you can do a lot of sealing with this purchase. I highly recommend it!
on July 8, 2015
Worked very well with both small tile and grout back splash and marble counter top. The big question was the best way to apply the sealer and I looked on line and got various answers. Some said use a brush others a sponge. What worked best for me was to use a fine mist spray bottle and follow up with a sponge to spread the sealer around evenly.....this was for both the tile and counter top. To get an even application on the counter top I put on disposable gloves and spread the sealer around so there was no gaps and then followed up with a dry rag to pick up the excess. Everything came out beautifully and water beads up like it is suppose to on the counter top and looks great. Don't wait too long to mop up excess sealer on counter top or it will dry and become very hard to get off. This happened to me on the first section of counter and I had to spray more on to moisten so that it could be mopped up.
on August 12, 2014
I used to use DuPont Stone Impregnator. I figured those mad scientists at DuPont must know what they're doing. This stuff, however, is far superior to the DuPont product. It goes on sort of funny, though. Give it a couple of days to fully seal and cure. During this time there may be a slight haze on the surface of your granite, but as soon as it's fully cured, the granite will look beautiful. Miracle Sealant 511 is far more durable than other products I've used and seems to leave a smooth, sealed finish far longer. I'll be using Miracle Sealant from now on.
on June 29, 2011
Our new house didn't have the granite countertops sealed so I bought some of this after doing some research. I followed the instructions and did 2 coats to be safe. Took me about 30 minutes to do my whole countertop and then I let it cure for 24 hours.

The countertops feel different and you can definitely tell they are sealed. I left a puddle of water sitting there for 30 minutes and there was 0 absorption. VERY GOOD sealer.

Our previous house had sealed granite, but if you left standing water sitting out it would still absorb. Very impressed so far!

Others have said this stuff last 2-3 years on countertops. I will probably just reapply every year to make sure I never have any problems.

I only used about half the container for my countertops and I have a fairly large island.
on November 21, 2014
Using a saturated cotton cloth, I applied one coat of 511 on a white piece of quarry tile which was made with a crackle glaze over an earthenware body. A drop of green food coloring was used as a testing stain. After 30 seconds, the coloring agent was rinsed off leaving behind disappointing results. Not only were the cracks stained, but some of the clay body as well. This was not going to be acceptable for a kitchen backsplash. So, why the favorable review? After further examination I could see that the product was in fact working in some areas of my test piece. Maybe my application was at fault. I tried again, this time using a natural boar bristle brush. As I worked the brush over the piece I could now see the sealant flowing more evenly into the cracks, but only if I kept moving the brush back and forth over the tile. After drying, the same test was repeated. This time the product preformed as expected and even more so with additional applications of stain. A long story short, the three to five minute saturation time isn't near long enough for hairline cracks. It may not be long enough for certain stone surfaces as well. Experiment a little.
on October 14, 2011
After trying many grout sealant products, they all seemed to grey and discolor the darker grouts. I am a mosaic artist and this was making me crazy. This product does not discolor dark grouts and ruin them. I love it. I will never use anything else. Finally - a good product that can honestly say they sell QUALITY! I learned about Miracle Sealants 511 from a friend who is a nationally recognized Mosaic artist. Tom Montesonti Mosaics.
on December 21, 2015
This is an awesome product! It goes a long ways and does exactly what its supposed to do. I purchased this to seal our concrete (overlay) countertops in the bathrooms and kitchen of our home before I poured an epoxy top coat over them. Didn't change the color I stained the concrete at all, was very pleased with it. (just make sure you work in a well-ventilated area or wear a mask because its got quite a strong smell)
on August 29, 2014
Best price you will find on this stuff. I used some TileLab sealer from Home Depot last year and I like this stuff better. I used it on granite and tile grout. The directions are pretty vague so here is what I did: I made sure the granite was clean, then cleaned it with a rag and rubbing alcohol. I used a foam brush to apply it to the granite, and let it sit for about 10 min. Then I wiped it off and put another coat. I could not quite get all the residue off so I let it sit over night then I used granite cleaner to buff the granite clean. For the grout, I used a foam brush for vertical grout lines in my shower, and used a roller type applicator for the floors. I was able to do 2 coats on about 50 sq ft of granite and maybe 1200 sq ft of tile grout lines. I still had come left over as well. The fumes are kind of strong so open some windows.
on December 28, 2015
The stuff reeks and applying it takes a little effort (to buff & polish it all in properly). But I did test it after afterwards and it does create a smooth surface - and water does bead off the surface afterwards. So it appears that this has the desired effect. I'll need to see over the long haul how it performs, but so far, giving it 5 stars.
on February 20, 2016
Great product.i used it on slate and ceramic tiles in my shower and bathroom floor and it was great. The water just beaded up and rolled right off. I actually used a foam roller to apply it and then white rags to wipe off any remaining sealer.