Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 199 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 247 reviews
on September 5, 2016
This book is a big disappointment. If you want to be lectured, this is your book. I wanted a feel good book. Not at all what I expected as far as reading the preview and description on Amazon before I purchased it. I didn't like Spiritual Junkie either.
on October 6, 2016
I bought Miracles Now by Gabrielle Bernstein because I'd heard so much about her from Hay House, a source I've trusted. But, I have to say I was really disappointed with the content and style of this book.

Ms. Bernstein says that her tools will absolutely change your life. I can't agree. While her writing is very clear and precise, her tools are extremely simplistic and don't encourage depth or self-examination. I don't know who this book is for!

She encourages the reader to tweet her affirmations and says she's doing this for the good of the world. I really don't like this, as it focuses on her while pretending to focus on the greater good. When people are actually moved to post something, it comes from the heart! This seems like a scheme she cooked up with her marketing coach, rather than an action sincerely focused on the greater good.

I am skeptical of products which are empty of true content and self-promoting.

In short, I found this book to be all hype and no substance. It feels like it would be useful to someone who has never explored spirituality, psychology, or their inner world.
on June 12, 2014
A lot of the ideas and thoughts are a repeat of Marianne Williamson's "A Course of Miracles". If you like this information I would suggest purchasing her books as they are much better. Some of the information was so basic and obvious, I could have written it. Also, the request to tweet at the end of chapters was annoying as I felt like I was asked to promote her book on her behalf.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2014
There is no other way to describe Gabrielle Bernstein except FUNKY FRESH! I am a 60 year old women grooving on the words of this spirit junkie. I have a copy of the Course of Miracles but Gabby just makes the book open up and come alive. My understanding of the Course of Miracles has grown exponentially. Gabby's guidance leaves me thirsty for more. I believe that I have purchases everything that she has written and find it enlightening and inspiring. Her books through Spirit give me peace and hope for tomorrow in an otherwise hopeless illusionary world.
on July 31, 2015
Amazing! It's like a "how to" on every page or two on exactly what the whole title says. What I love most about this book is that it feels like the author is right there with you, like you have a coach through the words if that makes any sense, a strong and kind coach. Each technique takes like 1-3 minutes to do. I have dog eared many tenchniques to come back to when I need to. Some of them I have tried, and I was elated that they really worked. It blew my mind. It's so refeshing to have a book that actually shows a person what to do for real relief. Its more like a reference book, but for specific recipies for modern day ailments that literaly take 1-3 minutes to do and actually work. It's awesome!
on April 26, 2014
I was so excited to read this book but I was really disappointed by it. My biggest peeve with this book is that the author asks for the reader to tweet or post about it after every chapter using a hashtag #miraclesnow which feels very unauthentic; I feel disconnected from the book because I feel the author is more concerned about self promotion. I'm hoping that isn't her intention, bit still...I'm
just not feeling it.
99 comments| 198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2016
This book has showed me so many ways to make changes in my life that will help me forever. I loved it and kept many notes as I read it. In fact 108 notes. Thank you Gabrielle Bernstein for I shall start the first day of the rest of my life. God bless you.
on August 26, 2015
The same old new age spiel to me. I bought the book because I love Hay House books as a rule and it was endorsed by authors I like but it was lacking something and was boring to me. she had no new ideas I haven't heard before so I thought it was just okay.
on October 3, 2014
Yes, truly this has changed my view and take on life! Advice and wisdom for both of us, especially me. :)
Now, to make this part of my daily life! I read and reread often. For me, this has not been a book to zip through quickly, rather one to sip from and savor and take time to sink in and make my own. It's nice how there are references to other materials (video/Gabbybtv, "A Course in Miracles", photos, etc. ... clarifying and allowing for a deeper understanding on a particular point or chapter. Sometimes I laugh, other times I cry. This book touches me, lifts me, and makes me want to read and see and experience more. For me it's like a breath of fresh air in a heavy and distracted world.
I'm ordering several more copies to share with and inspire my family and friends. Thank you dear Gabby!!
on December 15, 2014
Totally lacking in substance and authenticity. I agree with the reviewer who stated that it felt very commercial because the author asked the reader to post on social media after every chapter.

I was further disappointed when I discovered that the author provides the opportunity to TITHE TO HER via her website.

The level of marketing and commercialism associated with this book has tainted the contents. After watching one or two of her videos, I did not see sincerity or authenticity, I just observed the ego in a huge display of narcissim. I have had a great deal of success in my life. I do not need to read a trite rehash of ACIM by someone whose claim to fame is being an ex-drug addict.
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse