Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Mirari Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Night-..." and save 41% off the $44.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
2-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Mirari Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Night-Light
|Price:||$32.74 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$12.21 (27%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Adorable child's bedside alarm clock, time-teaching educational game, and dual-color nightlight all in one; includes three interchangeable color rings.
- OK to Wake! night-light is a soft yellow in the evening, and turns green in the morning (parent programmable) so children know when it's OK to get out of bed! Note: Backlight (clock face light) cannot be turned off.
- As children grow, they can play with the interactive talking time-teaching game that has five adjustable skill levels and teaches time-telling concepts on the analog and digital clock faces
- For older children ready for a little independence, Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock is a fully-functional alarm clock with snooze--just like mom and dad's!
- NOTE: New, improved version has USB cord (with battery backup--2 AA, not included) to accommodate modern homes equipped with USB wall plugs, and easy international use; please note that wall adapter is not included…you may use any USB wall adapter you already own for phones, etc.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Helps Families Get Better Sleep!
How does it work?
At bedtime, a soothing yellow night-light comforts children as they fall asleep. In the morning, it glows green when it's okay for children to get out of bed! If children wake up before the green light comes on, they know to go back to sleep or quietly play in their room until 'green means go'!
Why does it work?
Children enjoy the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing a job well done. And, OK to Wake! is something that can be completed successfully every day! The clock also features a convenient nap timer and alarm clock with snooze!
Grows with your family!
Okay to Wake! feature is perfect for younger children. When they're ready for a little independence, they can use the alarm clock, just like grown-ups! And the included interactive game helps teach them analog and digital time!
- Digital and analog clock
- Night-light and Ok to Wake! green glow helps families get better sleep!
- Alarm clock with snooze
- Interactive, talking game helps teach time!
- Easy to program
- Includes three color rings for customization
Hidden parental controls!
Easy to program; controls in hidden panel in back of clock.
Includes three different color rings that are easily interchangeable.
Everybody gets better sleep!
Children know not to wake mommy and daddy until 'green means go!'
|Glow to Sleep||Teach Me Time!||OK to Wake!||OK to Wake! Plush Owl||OK to Wake! Owl||Portable Night-Light|
|OK to Wake! green light||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Other night-light colors||Yellow, Blue, Green, Purple, Pink||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow, Blue, Pink||Yellow, Blue, Orange, Purple, Pink|
|Audible alarm clock with snooze||✓||✓|
|Music and/or Sound||✓||✓||✓|
|Power source||USB with lithium ion battery backup||USB with AA battery backup||USB with AA battery backup||3 AA batteries||3 AA batteries||3 AA batteries|
This adorable talking bedside alarm clock is also a time-teaching tool and dual color night light! The full-featured clock grows with families, offering a nightlight and easy green glow that tells children when it’s OK to wake up, and then also helps teach analog and digital time-telling with its built-in game! Includes three interchangeable rings: yellow, blue and pink. USB-powered with battery backup (2 AA, not included). Wall adapter not included. Approximately 4.5".
Compare to similar items
This item Mirari Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Night-Light
Wake Up Light Alarm Clock for Kids Child Toddler Adult, Premium Digital Display Clock with Temperature & Nature Sound - 7 Colors Changing
Wake Up Light Salute Sunrise Simulator Alarm Clock 6 Nature Sounds FM Radio Touch Control 7 Color Night Light 11 Mode Brightness Smart Snooze Function With USB Charger for Heavy Sleepers
Alarm Clock Radio FM In Happy Wake Up Light Sunrise Simulation Nature Sounds Bedside Touch Lamp Color Changing Night Light and Lucky Toy
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||NuoYee||Intelligent Electronic||In Happy|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 5.3 x 4.1 in||—||4.1 x 6.8 x 7.3 in||6.7 x 6.7 x 1.6 in|
|Item Weight||0.63 lb||—||1.3 lbs||0.52 lb|
|Power Source||—||—||USB Charger||Solar, Battery|
Top customer reviews
Here's the thing: You have to know your goals with the clock.
1. There are all the cute cradle ones with owls and stuff, but I don't need my kid having something he takes to bed with him and will just mess around with till he screws up the wake timer. So I like the ones that stay OUT of the bed.
2. I also want something that can be plugged in, because screw changing batteries all the time.
3. I also see TONS of complaints about the nightlight with this. Okay, if your kid sleeps completely in the dark, this one isn't for you, unless you're willing to do all the crazy re-wiring that people have discovered how to do. My kid slept with a nightlight BEFORE getting this clock, so I was thinking "2 birds with one stone!" and got rid of the nightlight, and just have this! I love it! It sits on the nightstand by his bed and gives the perfect amount of warm yellow light so I can see him if I check on him in the middle of the night, and he isn't scared of the monsters under the bed.
4. I saw lots of reviews with some clocks only staying green for like 20 min and shutting off. This bad boy stays on for a full 2 hours. So if your beloved actually sleeps in PAST the green light, they have plenty of time to wake up later and still see it's green and okay to go bug mom now.
5. General stuff: after the green goes off, the yellow stays off for a long time too. It seems to come on around 7:00 pm, which is about the earliest time anyone might be putting their kids to bed, if you're freaking that lucky. So at nap time, there is no extra night light, which is fine- it differentiates the 2 sleeping experiences. I don't even remember if this has a nap timer... I think it does... I'm not into it yet so I can't give opinions there. The only thing I really care about anyway are those precious minutes in the morning!
6. Ability to mess with the controls: I was worried about this one- I have an explorer. When we first got the clock, he was curious and looked all around it. He was able to open the flap in the back, and pushed the buttons, but nothing happened because everything has a "hold this button for 3 seconds to activate" quality. So he got board and didn't care about the buttons anymore after that! He'll run up and push the foot button now and then that speaks the time, but who cares!? That's great! That's the start of us talking about time!
7. Does. It. Work.... ?? YES!!!! It took 2 days for him to understand the concept which we introduced gently. Occasionally he will still get up early and get us, and sometimes he will either sleep till it's green and get up with the green, or even sleep a bit past the green, but regularly he wakes up 10-20 minutes before it turns green, and plays peacefully in his bed/around his room until it turns green!!! And oh lord when it turns green he is SO EXCITED and throws things around screaming "IT'S GREEN IT'S GREEN" and we come to the door and he's so excited and we're so excited and it's just a great start to the morning!
SOOOoooo, that's why I like this one. Figure out what you need and what works for your baby. This is perfect for me. Enjoy!
1. To "turn off" the backlighting on the feet/buttons: Unscrew the circuit board for the first back-lit foot/button. Apply a small piece of black electrical tape, cut to size with scissors, over each of the 2 yellow LEDs on the circuit board. Make sure the tape does not overlap too far towards the center of the board, as this may interfere with the button functionality. Reinstall circuit board/button assembly. Verify the button still functions. Repeat for the other side.
2. To dim or turn off the backlighting on the clock face: On the main circuit board there are 2 wires that come off of the main circuit board and wrap around the side to the LED(s) that function to backlight the clock face. There is some existing factory-applied black tape wrapped around the wires at the edge. Clip 1 of the 2 wires.
a) For NO backlighting: Just bend the ends of the cut wire so they are not touching each other or any other parts of the circuiting. Wrap electrical tape around them if you want to be safe.
b) For DIMMED backlighting: Solder a resistor between the 2 clipped wire ends. (I am not an expert at soldering, so please excuse the sloppiness in the photos.) The choice of resistance will depend on how bright you want the backlighting of the clock face. I found that a 2kohm resistor worked well and allowed the clock face to be readable in a very dark room. You will probably need to have a variety pack of resistors on hand to test the brightness, probably ranging between ~500ohm to ~5kohm. They don't come in exact values, but it does not need to be exact. That is, you won't see the difference between 470ohm and 500ohm.
In the attached photos, both the modifications listed above have been performed, with the 2k resistor on the clock face LED. The exposure of the photos makes the backlighting appear brighter than it really is. Hope this helps. It appears that this is going to be a great alarm clock for our son. I will try to update in the future.
Docking it 1 star because the instructions are such a pain. I think most people would have given up. For a tired brain this can be hard to figure out but once you get it, it's fairly simple after that.