Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Mirari Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Night-..." and save 21% off the $44.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Mirari Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Night-Light
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Adorable child's bedside alarm clock, time-teaching educational game, and dual-color nightlight all in one; includes three interchangeable color rings.
- OK to Wake! night-light is a soft yellow in the evening, and turns green in the morning (parent programmable) so children know when it's OK to get out of bed! Note: Backlight (clock face light) cannot be turned off.
- As children grow, they can play with the interactive talking time-teaching game that has five adjustable skill levels and teaches time-telling concepts on the analog and digital clock faces
- For older children ready for a little independence, Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock is a fully-functional alarm clock with snooze--just like mom and dad's!
- NOTE: New, improved version has USB cord (with battery backup--2 AA, not included) to accommodate modern homes equipped with USB wall plugs, and easy international use; please note that wall adapter is not included…you may use any USB wall adapter you already own for phones, etc.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Helps Families Get Better Sleep!
How does it work?
At bedtime, a soothing yellow night-light comforts children as they fall asleep. In the morning, it glows green when it's okay for children to get out of bed! If children wake up before the green light comes on, they know to go back to sleep or quietly play in their room until 'green means go!'
Why does it work?
Children enjoy the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing a job well done. And, OK to Wake! is something that can be completed successfully every day! The clock also features a convenient nap timer and alarm clock with snooze!
Grows with your family!
Okay to Wake! feature is perfect for younger children. When they're ready for a little independence, they can use the alarm clock, just like grown-ups! And the included interactive game helps teach them analog and digital time!
- Digital and analog clock
- Night-light and OK to Wake! green glow helps families get better sleep!
- Alarm clock with snooze
- Interactive, talking game helps teach time!
- Easy to program
- Includes three color rings for customization
Hidden parental controls
Easy to program; controls in hidden panel in back of clock.
Includes three different color rings that are easily interchangeable.
Everybody gets better sleep!
Children know not to wake mommy and daddy until "green means go!"
|Glow to Sleep||Teach Me Time!||OK to Wake!||OK to Wake! Plush Owl||Portable Night-Lights|
|OK to Wake! Green Light||✓||✓||✓|
|Other Night-Light Colors||Yellow, Blue, Green, Purple, Pink||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow||Yellow, Blue, Orange, Purple, Pink|
|Audible Alarm Clock with Snooze||✓||✓|
|Music and/or Sound||✓||✓||✓|
|Power Source||USB with lithium ion battery backup||USB with AA battery backup||USB with AA battery backup||3 AA batteries||3 AA batteries|
This adorable talking bedside alarm clock is also a time-teaching tool and dual color night light! The full-featured clock grows with families, offering a nightlight and easy green glow that tells children when it’s OK to wake up, and then also helps teach analog and digital time-telling with its built-in game! Includes three interchangeable rings: yellow, blue and pink. USB-powered with battery backup (2 AA, not included). Wall adapter not included. Approximately 4.5".
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) remove the 4 screws (2 on the bottom at the feet, 2 down the long holes on the back)
2) pull the front face off (it will still be tethered to the back so be gentle)
3) using wire snips, cut 1 of the 2 leads to the back-light (the leads are on the right side, and look like the wrap around to the front of the clock face). Make sure you bend one of the snipped ends away from the other to avoid accidental connection. DO NOT touch the two exposed lights in the middle, those are the true night-light and the green-get-up light.
4) (Optional) each foot has 2 led diodes as well. You can disable these by unscrewing the 2 screws at each of the small circuit
boards. The diodes are soldered to the board, but with minimal pressure from a wire snip they pop right off.
5) Replace all the screws you have removed
6) Enjoy the clock for what it's good for, which is a green light signalling when to get up, and not a blazing night-light that illuminates an entire room.
I'll post some pictures for reference.
Here's the thing: You have to know your goals with the clock.
1. There are all the cute cradle ones with owls and stuff, but I don't need my kid having something he takes to bed with him and will just mess around with till he screws up the wake timer. So I like the ones that stay OUT of the bed.
2. I also want something that can be plugged in, because screw changing batteries all the time.
3. I also see TONS of complaints about the nightlight with this. Okay, if your kid sleeps completely in the dark, this one isn't for you, unless you're willing to do all the crazy re-wiring that people have discovered how to do. My kid slept with a nightlight BEFORE getting this clock, so I was thinking "2 birds with one stone!" and got rid of the nightlight, and just have this! I love it! It sits on the nightstand by his bed and gives the perfect amount of warm yellow light so I can see him if I check on him in the middle of the night, and he isn't scared of the monsters under the bed.
4. I saw lots of reviews with some clocks only staying green for like 20 min and shutting off. This bad boy stays on for a full 2 hours. So if your beloved actually sleeps in PAST the green light, they have plenty of time to wake up later and still see it's green and okay to go bug mom now.
5. General stuff: after the green goes off, the yellow stays off for a long time too. It seems to come on around 7:00 pm, which is about the earliest time anyone might be putting their kids to bed, if you're freaking that lucky. So at nap time, there is no extra night light, which is fine- it differentiates the 2 sleeping experiences. I don't even remember if this has a nap timer... I think it does... I'm not into it yet so I can't give opinions there. The only thing I really care about anyway are those precious minutes in the morning!
6. Ability to mess with the controls: I was worried about this one- I have an explorer. When we first got the clock, he was curious and looked all around it. He was able to open the flap in the back, and pushed the buttons, but nothing happened because everything has a "hold this button for 3 seconds to activate" quality. So he got board and didn't care about the buttons anymore after that! He'll run up and push the foot button now and then that speaks the time, but who cares!? That's great! That's the start of us talking about time!
7. Does. It. Work.... ?? YES!!!! It took 2 days for him to understand the concept which we introduced gently. Occasionally he will still get up early and get us, and sometimes he will either sleep till it's green and get up with the green, or even sleep a bit past the green, but regularly he wakes up 10-20 minutes before it turns green, and plays peacefully in his bed/around his room until it turns green!!! And oh lord when it turns green he is SO EXCITED and throws things around screaming "IT'S GREEN IT'S GREEN" and we come to the door and he's so excited and we're so excited and it's just a great start to the morning!
SOOOoooo, that's why I like this one. Figure out what you need and what works for your baby. This is perfect for me. Enjoy!
It doesn't come with the COMPLETE AC cord/AC adapter!!! YOU have to PURCHASE and SUPPLY the USB AC adapter for the product to work as advertised.
To make it work fully, it has to be plugged into an AC outlet - the two AA batteries (also not included) ONLY retain the settings, but do not activate the backlight (or nightlight features) so you can't see the black digital clock features.
Directly from its own user manual ( https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81zq5eKMDjL.pdf ):
"Power Source: This product should be connected to a power supply only of the type marked on the outside of the "PROVIDED AC adapter"...INPUT: 120V AC 60Hz (US Model)."
It is so confusing it seems as if the seller knows what they are doing and intentionally is selling a product with an incomplete or improper product description. They should have said it DIDN'T come with ANY complete AC cord/AC power supply.
Now, I did read on the product description:
"NOTE: New, improved version has USB cord (with battery backup--2 AA, not included) to accommodate modern homes equipped with USB wall plugs, and easy international use; please note that wall adapter is not included…you may use any USB wall adapter you already own for phones, etc.".
Okay, so the USB wall AC adapter is not included, but it says nothing about any other AC power cord or that it WON'T WORK OUT OF THE BOX WITHOUT THE USB AC ADAPTER!
My interpretation about the "NOTE" statement is the manufacturer most probably didn't install the correct AC cord built into the product (directly hard wired into the product's internal power supply permanently connected to the appropriate polarized AC wall plug [as UL would accept]), but instead included a detachable "Type H barrel connector to a USB connector type" cord as a kind of "manufacturer stop gap" of sorts - so they have that idiotic statement about "...accommodate modern homes equipped with USB wall plugs..." as a marketing diversion to not disclose to the public the complete truth - that they screwed up the production run.
Though it is an exclusively AC powered product, IT HAS NO COMPLETE WAY TO ACTUALLY RECEIVE AC POWER! How can you sell something like that - especially for CHILDREN!
The product is NOT even safety rated as UL Listed or even UL Approved (the lower version for products that don't meet the full requirements for UL Listing) - that alone should warn potential buyers.
The shame is the product works as advertised once YOU provide the USB AC adapter (though it is pretty cheaply made).