Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Mirror Mirror: A Novel
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 12, 2007
This may be the most successful of Maguire's several attempts to wander through old stories with a new vision. His most well-known is, of course, WICKED, but the plotting and development of this re-telling of the Sleeping Beauty is more intricate and sophisticated and the resolutions more interesting. What he does with the seven dwarf motif is beath-taking.

There are books I read and give away. And then there are books I read and put on the shelf, because I know I will refer to them and will want to read them again.
on March 17, 2014
If you've always had a little problem with the classic fairly tales, Maguire's version may seem a lot more palatable.....not to mention fun and interesting but definitely should be reserved for adults.
on February 28, 2008
This is the fourth Maguire novel I've read, and so far it's my least favorite. I agree with the other reviews which say that this is a little slow - the twists and turns are fairly interesting, but there doesn't seem to be much force driving the reader ahead.

Maquire does seem to have done his research on the times, but since I know little about the Borgias, there aren't as many "Ah ha!" moments as there were with "Wicked" or "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister."
Mirror Mirror: A Novel
on May 4, 2014
If you like other books written by Gregory Maguire then I would recommend this one. I gave it a three because even though I enjoy his work this book was kind of forgettable to me.
on August 9, 2016
It wasn't as good as Wicked, but still an entertaining read.
on August 13, 2013
I have read a few books by this author and he always does a great job turning the fairy tales into books geared for the adult audiance. This was no exception. I loved it and I found some of the characters (especially the rock-like dwarves) to be very endearing. I loved it.
on January 31, 2017
Great condition
on September 23, 2016
Great item. Just as described.
on July 5, 2013
A heavy-hearted take on the light-hearted children's classic "Snow White," Mr. Maguire reinvents the story behind this classic fairytale. An interesting read that disembarks from Disney's classic take, giving Snow White more of a medieval renaissance flair.
on March 29, 2016
But the author is so vague. Sometimes it's hard to understand.