Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on April 9, 2012
A brilliant 'Dungeons and Dragonesque" tale of grief, loss, retribution and true love, set against a mythical background of Elfs, Dwarfs, Wizards and other beings too strange to describe. As the story goes, although only indirectly involved in a tragic incident and not the direct cause, Ka-Ron, the Knight errant has drawn the ire of a powerful enchantress who delivers a curse so diabolical, it will make your head spin.

As if that's not bad enough, this sorceress ratchets up the spell to such a level that poor Ka-Ron becomes a virtual puppet on a string, a hapless victim for which one can only feel the deepest pity. But, what is this, Ka-Ron actually loves the predicament? However, Ka-Ron later is shocked to learn that this is a "blood curse" and affects beloved children. But, as Ka-Ron finds out, and as one character so aptly describes, in the final analysis, "We have the power within us to forgive."

Is this fine novel a parable for gender dysphoria? You be the judge.I place this tale in the lofty category of the very fine "The Emperess Sword and "The Prisoners of Gender."
on February 18, 2013
I heard about this series on another website and decided to give it a shot. I was instantly hooked. Good style, nice use of humor and the storyline grabbed my attention so that I continued until I completed the Lurker War series straight through. There are a lot of characters and sometimes it can get confusing, but it all works out in the end.

I highly recommend it.
on October 9, 2015
Interesting story, and fun to read.
on August 18, 2012
A very amazing book. Every chance I had I kept reading on and on captivated to the very end! So much about the book I wouldnt know where to start It's definitely worth the read
on March 13, 2015
SPOILERS:

I liked the characters but felt it was too explicit for me. From the beginning characters are having mind-blowing sex, and doing oral sex with semi-graphic detail. I didn't like that the sex scenes contained depictions of non-consensual sex... When Ka-Ron was compelled to perform sexual acts against his will, I gave up.

I was curious about how things worked out for the characters though. Several of them were quite endearing.
on September 4, 2014
Good.
on September 6, 2016
The writing is terrible. Even for smut, the writing is terrible. And I love terrible smut. I got about 10 pages in before I had to put it down. You have been warned.
on November 30, 2015
Don't waste your time and money
on November 18, 2015
The idea of gender switching could have been lots of fun. The problem is the author took away the characters ability to choose. By making her a nymphomaniac the story is nothing more than a third graders wet dream. Did not even want to finish the book