- File Size: 209 KB
- Print Length: 13 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Stand to Reason (August 23, 2010)
- Publication Date: August 23, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0041OSBYS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#461,683 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #293 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Criticism & Interpretation > New Testament
- #334 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- #1242 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Criticism & Interpretation > New Testament
"Misquoting" Jesus? Answering Bart Ehrman (Solid Ground) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It seems in seeking the facts of the matter, we must treat the surviving literature and its offshoots as a population rather than clinging to a single version in using The Book for our guidance in life
Understanding the meaning of the original words benefits from having many reproductions of the original. This is similar to trying to find a reliable estimate of the truth, or central value, from a distribution of samples-- estimating a mean from a large sample rather than a small one. The larger the sample, the more the errors and extremes cancel out, so the estimate of the facts from the large sample has less variance and is a more reliable view of what actually happened.
As I have pointed out to my students in statistics: isn't it wonderful that God so designed the World that we are able to- by dilligent, thorough and unbiased study-- arrive at such a closer estimation of the truth with higher confidence because we looked at the subject from more viewpoints(samples).
Truly, "The 'n's justify the 'means.'"
I urge the reader to spend what precious time there is reading anything but the jejune and ridiculous assertions contained in all of Mr. Koukl's works. There are numerous thoughtful and intellectually honest works to enjoy and from which to learn rather than reading the meanderings of an obviously uneducated (at least, when it comes to Biblical Scholarship)radio talk show host who tries to appear to be a Bibilcal scholar/expert only to fail miserably.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This eBook accurately criticizes the errant views of bible scholar Bart Ehrman. However, the book is only 13 pages long. Read morePublished 15 months ago by A. Fuller
A good quick overview of the issue with good footnotes. Recommended if you're interested and just want a simplified run down of the facts.Published on March 29, 2014 by Chris Edwards
Was a very quick run down. Recommend "Misquoting the Truth" and "Misrepresenting Jesus" to anyone who wants a more in depth rebuttal to Bart Ehrman's books.Published on June 23, 2013 by Spray
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Criticism & Interpretation > New Testament
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > Criticism & Interpretation > New Testament