Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on September 24, 2016
Love, love, love this book! I could see and hear my own sweet child in the pages and illustrations. It truly teaches that books are for falling in love with and identifying with.
As a lifelong lover and collector of books, I chuckled at Mrs. Brooks' stacks of books.
Certainly there are children (and adults) who believe they don't like books. This delightful tale shows that there is a cure out there for even the most convincing non-reader.
I highly recommend this book for both young and old.
on November 7, 2015
Miss Brooks is a wacky librarian who goes to great lengths to inspire a love of reading in children. The narrator is not convinced until she finally finds her "home run" book.

I loved this book and used it to start a conversation with some of my students about the importance of finding books that speak to you, even if they are not the ones that everyone else is reading.
on May 5, 2010
"Ek, a freak" We read "Miss Brooks Loves Books (And I Don't)" twice today. Once with friends during the day and then again at bedtime. We've read it every night for the last 8 days!

My 5 year old is in preschool this year and is learning letters and their sounds, recognizing words and reading the one's he is interested in. But some words he is coming across are long. . . and some letters all put together are hard to sound out. Sometimes reading is fun and sometimes it's frustrating. "Miss Brooks Loves Books (And I Don't)" has given him courage and inspired him to keep trying to read.

This book helps cultivate the Love of words, great story and pictures that we all want our children to grow up with. SNORT! SNORT!
on June 14, 2014
A patron returned this book at the library. I took it home, read it, and bought on Amazon. This book teaches young children to love reading. All parents and educators worry about that window between learning to read and then reading to learn. This book is perfect during that transition. Children must read books that they enjoy reading. The librarian is animated and creative. She teaches kids: Reading is fun and exciting.
on September 18, 2014
Adorable book! Helps kids develop a love for books if they don't already have one!
on September 7, 2013
We all can relate to Missy's struggle with finding the perfect book and a librarian that is determined to help a child discover the love of reading. Miss Brooks Loves Books (and I don't ) delivers. Will Missy ever develop a love for reading like Miss Brooks? You have to read the book to find out.
on September 8, 2013
My son loves this book. It was the first book of Barbara Bottner that I read to him. I love the lesson behind it. It teaches to enjoy reading. I have been reading to my son every night and he is now five years old. He is learning to read but prefers that I read to him. This book got him more interested in learning to read the words. I really like Barbara Bottner's books.
on June 2, 2014
The contents of the book were the opposite direction of the cover art. In other words, it was upside down. Not sure if that is why it was discounted. I will use this book, since it has a book dust jacket and students will probably not notice this fact. But I was surprised and a bit disappointed!
on August 25, 2016
We read this in the library. We loved it so much! Now we can't wait to read Shrek. Second grade rocks!
on April 10, 2010
At a time when reading is losing popularity with children but is essential to their education, I felt that this was a very appealing book for a young preschool or early elementary school student. Missy, a typical first grade precocious little girl, is determined not to read, but her mother and Miss Brooks are determined not to give up on her....and their strategies worked! It is a well illustrated and funny story, and I was happy to purchase it for my first grade granddaughter.