YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services nerdculture nerdculture nerdculture  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis La La Land Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on July 11, 2016
My 2 year old little boy LOVES this book. Like twice in a row, 5 times in a day loves it. He picked up the rhymes quickly and loves to fill in the words for me if I pause - plus there's so many bugs to name! It's definitely a favorite here.
on November 21, 2001
My two-year old and I have had the exquisite pleasure of exploring the world of Miss Spider together, and this entry in the series is as charming as the others (Miss Spider's Wedding, Miss Spider's New Car, etc.). A lonely Miss Spider wants to have a tea party, but all the other bugs flee in terror when they see her. By the end of the book (told in a series of rhyming verses), however, the other bugs discover an important secret: Miss Spider is kind and thoughtful, and, she only eats flowers. When word spreads that their perception of her was wrong, Miss Spider soon finds herself surrounded by new friends. What I love about David Kirk's books is his perfect blending of words and pictures. His tales are simple, elegant, moving stories about the power of love, the importance of friendship, and seeing beyond exteriors to the gold that dwells within every creature's heart, and his paintings are stunning. I highly recommend any of the Miss Spider (or Little Miss Spider) books. They are a treat for adults and children alike, destined to be favorite reads and lifetime classics.
on August 9, 2015
Such a cute story, my granddaughter enjoys tea parties and loves this book. We have another Miss Spider book, The Listening Walk that we've read many more times than we can count. A favorite of all my grandchildren.
on January 7, 2014
Miss Spiders Tea Party is still one of my favorite books. The illustrations flow extremely well with the story and the characters are memorable. I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves to read to children. You have the ability to make up character voices while building the anticipation. I'm now thrilled to be reading this book to my grandchild. It brings so many happy memories of reading to my son.
on March 9, 2014
Such a sweet colorful book, you learn counting and don't even notice! I remember growing up reading this and never realized until I bought it for my daughter it all revolved around numbers. I love miss spider and my little girl asks for this quite a bit and has fun finding each insect/flower/place setting.
on March 24, 2013
I bought this for my 2.5 year old for Christmas. He is really into insects, especially butterflies. He normally doesn't sit to listen to a story, he likes to flip the pages himself. He lets me read this cover to cover without taking over. After we finish we go back thru and talk about the pictures. This will probably go down as one of my favorite children's books. The story is heart warming, the illustrations are breath taking, all around a great choice for any growing child's library.
on February 25, 2014
If you can get past the fact that the spider is friendly and doesn't want to eat the insects then this is a cute story! My daughter got it as a present along with a tea set. She loves having friends over for her own tea party and story time!
on September 10, 2013
This is a bedtime FAVORITE. My 2 year old counts the bugs on each page and the story is so sweet. It's one of my favorites too and never tire of reading it. There is an app on iTunes that is perfect when you don't have the book nearby - beautiful graphics.
on July 28, 2014
My daughter (2 years) loves listening to this book and looking at the illustrations. Just a shame it is now out of print and so hard to find. Highly entertaining though.
on May 5, 2013
This is my nieces favorite book. I got it for her for Christmas to go with a new tea set I got her and it has become one of her favorite books. We read it together all the time, and she is only 2. This is such a cute book. Recommended for all little girls.