Know your fretboard. Build confidence in your playing. Learn songs faster.
Conquer your note reading fears and achieve a new level of mastery over your instrument!
Book one in this series is your step-by-step guide for learning how to read guitar music. Even if you’ve had some experience in the past, The Missing Method for Guitar Book 1 will take your understanding of music reading to a whole new level.
Why Learn to Read Music?
Learning to read music helps you:
- Understand music theory
- Learn songs better and in more depth
- Write down your own ideas
- Develop your overall musicianship
- Acquire the skills you need to become an independent player, making it easier for you to teach yourself how to play all sorts of music
No other guitar book teaches you exclusively how to read music. All other method books just give you the bare basics. This book focuses solely on learning to read standard guitar notation, and includes tons of practice songs, examples, explanations, exercises, and audio files so you can hear each practice song and exercise!
- Learn to read and play standard guitar notation in open position (Frets 0-4), in every key
- Understand the difference between beat and rhythm, and practice with a variety of rhythms
- Discover why time is the secret ingredient to being a solid player
- Practice and play scales and songs in every key
- Explore the basics of guitar music theory
- Hone your sight reading skills
With this book you’ll become a more knowledgeable player, and you’ll be able to read a great deal of guitar music in open position. It also lays the groundwork for learning to read the rest of the fretboard and helps builds your confidence as you watch yourself improve over the course of the book.
Use this book in conjunction with other method books, by itself, with a teacher, or on your own.
Scroll up to order your copy and start mastering your instrument today!
Already know the basics? Then be sure to check out Book 2 in the Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series and take your music reading skills beyond the open position!
*Need right-handed copy? We have that too! Search: The Missing Method for Guitar, Book 1: Note Reading in the Open Position