Unlock your musicianship with the power of note reading.
Book three in this series is your step-by-step guide for learning how to read guitar music from frets 9-12. Even if you’ve had some experience in the past, The Missing Method for Guitar Book 3 dives into the region of the guitar neck with some of the richest tones, taking your sound as well as your skills and understanding of reading guitar music to the next level. Continue your journey to total mastery with The Missing Method for Guitar Book 3!
Guided Lessons on Your Schedule
Over the past 20 years, Christian J. Triola has taught hundreds of students to play guitar. With a Master’s Degree in Education and a Bachelor’s Degree in Music (Jazz Studies), he has used this knowledge and experience to create a focused note reading series that gives you plenty to practice without making you feel overwhelmed or intimidated. And in the end, you’ll be a better musician for it.
What You’ll Learn in Book 3:
- How to read notes in the upper region of the neck (Frets 9-13)
- Reading in minor keys, including relative minor, melodic, harmonic, and jazz-melodic minors
- Continue to solidify your rhythm skills
- Practice and Play in every key
- Learn scales in every key while you learn the neck
- Even more guitar music theory
- How to hone your sight reading skills
- A review of the open and 5th positions
- Reviews of keys, rhythms, and the Circle of Fifths
- Streaming audio files so you can hear each practice song and exercise
No other book teaches this region of the neck. It’s often assumed you’ll just sort of learn it on your own. The trouble is that there is little guidance out there to help you do that well, until now. This book focuses on learning to read standard guitar notation from the 9th fret to the 12th, and like Missing Method Books 1 and 2, it includes tons of practice songs, examples, clear explanations, and ample exercises, giving you everything you need to become fluid in playing in the 9th position!
Use this book in conjunction with other method books, by itself, with a teacher, or on your own.
Join the legions of guitar players who’ve already started reading standard notation with The Missing Method! Scroll up to order your copy and start mastering your instrument today!
*Need a left-handed copy? We have that too! Search: The Missing Method for Guitar, Book 3 Left-Handed Edition: Note Reading in the 9th Position
Other Missing Method Books in this series:
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 1: Learn to read frets 0-4
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 2: Learn to read frets 5-9
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 4: Learn cross over positions
- The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series Book 5: Learn frets 12-22
More Missing Method Books:
- The Guitar Chord Master Series: Learn open chords (level 1), how to use a capo (level 2), and power chords (level 3)!
- Technique Master Series: Learn basic fret-hand technique with Technique Master and learn the pentatonic scale with Pentatonic Master!