Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2011 11:06:06 PM PDT
I would like to buy this bundle but many of these reviews mention missing pages. I was wondering if the publisher has been replacing the copies with missing pages or if you're just SOL.

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 9:33:25 PM PDT
Sea Turtle says:
I'm thinking about trying this series, but have the same concern.

I read a post where the person said they contacted Amazon and received a replacement. What a pain to have to do, though. Maybe that's why the set is so inexpensive?

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 9:01:29 PM PDT
Kalin says:
I just bought this pack, I wanted to start reading it as soon as the series finishes on HBO on Sunday. What do I do if my version is missing pages? Send it back to Amazon?

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 12:09:46 PM PDT
Does anyone know if they (will ever) fix the printing error?
This is the only thing that hold me down.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 10:19:51 AM PDT
R. Fritz IV says:
I've been reading through most of the reviews and it seems pretty hit or miss on whether you will get a print error, which doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence, but people generally seem to not have an issue or at least not found an issue yet. I plan to go ahead and purchase within a week regardless but I would love to hear what people have done to successfully take care of this issue.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 5:14:28 AM PDT
Derand Drake says:
The publishing issues is a concern since you'd have to either flip through all the books as soon as you get them to see if you catch the error. Good luck with that seeing how the issues are not all the same and each book is a few hundred pages long. I hope Amazon would understand if someone comes back 6 months down the road and tell them the book has the printing issue. But most of what I've seen around the internet is that Storm of Swords is the biggest culprit in the 500 - 600 page range.

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 11:15:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 22, 2011 11:15:43 AM PDT]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 1:28:26 PM PST
I just got to page 712 of Clash of Kings, and the next page is 777. I had no idea of this printing error until just now. What a kick in the pants.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 10:12:12 PM PST
R. Fritz IV says:
I ordered this set from amazon and read them all cover to cover. My copy had no printing errors. I believe that though this printing error exists that most copies must be free of error or there would be more outrage on this forum. I have heard that amazon will help you fix this issue if you contact them.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 4:26:59 AM PST
I was able to return it at a nearby Barnes & Noble. The woman at the customer service desk at first refused saying that I needed a receipt. I pressed her a bit and said that because of the misprint she should be able to get a replacement anyways. For me it was just a matter of getting it now vs. waiting several weeks, whereas for the store they already had many copies in stock and it wouldn't make a difference. So she checked the ISBN number on her computer and said "ok" and got me a replacement, although she was a little gruff about it. Some people have said they were able to get replacements by contacting the publisher directly.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 10:56:32 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 6, 2012 11:02:28 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 11:01:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2012 11:14:01 AM PST
Zane Hussein says:
I ordered this set in October and have been loving the series. I recently started the fourth book (A Feast for Crows), but when I got to page 174, the next one was 239 - ridiculous!!

I'm outside the normal 'return window' (it took me 3,000 pages to reach the problem!), but since it's a defective product that they sold to me I'm hoping they'll replace it with no expense on my end since I paid for a complete, proper set (I've emailed them). Has anybody dealt with/resolved this issue with Amazon?

I'll be sure to post when I hear back from them.

EDIT: Amazon responded very quickly and said they were express shipping me a new complete set, and asked that I return the defective one (at no cost). Thank you, Amazon!

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 1:16:25 PM PST
My first three books were fine. I just opened A Feast for Crows, and I am missing the first 50 pages! I have yet to contact Amazon regarding this.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 6:30:40 PM PDT
I understand your frustration, but that was a sleazy thing to do to B&N. B&N suffers a disadvantage to Amazon already because Amazon avoids having to charge state sales tax to most customers, plus B&N has all the overhead of actual brick & mortar stores where you can go in and browse, but now apparently they are being abused by Amazon customers who hit them up for exchanges of Amazon's faulty merchandise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 10:22:45 AM PDT
Thank you so much for updating your post re how Amazon resolved this issue. When I see complaints of poor quality product, I always think "And? What happened?" While this is definitely a problem we'd all rather avoid in the first place, knowing Amazon replaced the books quickly and at their shipping costs ups the chances of my purchase. Thanks again!

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 1:24:59 PM PDT
Nathaniel says:
I can confirm that the publisher replaces the books. The first book had a messed up cover and they are sending me a new one. Here's the email.
ecustomerservice@randomhouse.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about