Mission Cooling Skull Cap- Hat, Helmet Liner, Running Beanie, Evaporative Cool Technology, Cools Instantly when Wet, UPF 50 Protection, for Under Helmets, Hardhats, Running, Football
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Body: 92% Polyester/8% Spandex; Mesh: 100% Polyester
- COOL MORE. DO MORE Enjoy staying active longer and doing what you love even when the temperature rises with the cooling and refreshing MISSION Cooling Helmet Liner. Sweat it or Wet it, the Skull Cap keeps you and fits great under Helmets & Hard Hats.
- COOLS INSTANTLY When activated with water it cools to 30 degrees below average body temperature in under 30 seconds. Activate quickly in 3 steps: Wet it, Wring it out and Snap it. Mission Cooling products keep cool for hours! The cooling helmet liner stays cool for up to 2 hours so that you can comfortably stay active longer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & VENTILATED Feather-light fabric fits like a glove to keep sweat out of your eyes and not interfere with helmets. Ventilated Mesh construction at the crown promotes airflow for maximum breathability.
- GREAT FOR Wearing under helmets, motorcycles, bikes, football, lacrosse, or wear alone while Running, Jogging, Football, Lacrosse, CrossFit, Cross Training, , Hiking, Working Outside, Yard Work, Concerts, Festivals, BBQ, Tailgating, the Beach, Lake, Pool, or anytime you want to feel instantly cooler.
- CHEMICAL-FREE COOLING & UPF 50 It is machine washable, and reusable with permanent chemical-free fabric cooling technology that will never wash out. It also provides UPF 50 protection from the sun.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
We’re not just passionate about performance. We’re perseverance pioneers. Because like you — we find a way. A way to push a little harder. To move a little quicker. To feel a little stronger. We believe greatness is always in reach but you’ve got to dig deep. That's why we build innovative thermoregulation technology into the fabric of all our products. We do it because when you control temperature, you unlock performance.
That can be the Difference Between Good and Great.
Which do you want to be?
Proprietary weave absorbs water through its capillary system.
Hollow-core construction actively spreads water throughout the fabric.
Result: rate of evaporation is slowed down to create a prolonged cooling effect.
Mission’s Enduracool instant cooling technology chills the fabric surface temperature by up to 30° to help manage temperature on demand. Quick cooling means you command a competitive edge — and when you control temperature, you unlock performance. All Mission Enduracool products are tested by world-class doctors and scientists in the lab and by some of the world’s most elite athletes during competition and training*.
*For more information, please visit the manufacturer's official website or call the Customer Care Executive.
Lasting, natural fibers within the fabric never wash out or degrade.
Cools Instantly When Wet:
Use any temperature of water to activate the technology. Simply soak, wring and snap.
Reusable and Machine Washable:
Durable, Long Lasting Fabric. Dries soft.
Helps protect your skin from harmful rays of the sun.
The MISSION Cooling Helmet Liner keeps you cool and comfortable even under bulky helmets. Cooling you down when the temperature rises. MISSION products are engineered to allow you to stay active and comfortable longer when heat might otherwise slow you down or keep you from enjoying the outdoors. In under 30 seconds the MISSION Cooling Skull Cap cools to 30 degrees below average body temperature in 3 easy steps: Wet it, Wring it out and Snap it. To reactivate, just re-wet and snap. MISSION products are made of proprietary performance fabric with cooling technology that is activated by water and are reusable and washable. Consider using it under motorcycle helps, bike helmets, construction hard hats, football, hockey, lacrosse helmets, on a run, or even at the gym. Cool More. Do More.
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B00XP3FSPG
- Item model number: 103911-P
- Date first listed on Amazon: May 15, 2015
- Customer Reviews:
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While it provides some cooling, my first concern was something I could wear under my helmet to cut down on the sweat getting in my eyes and on my glasses, thus interfering with my sight. This does a great job of soaking up the sweat, even after wetting it before hand and riding for hours. It fits snug to the head, and i only had to make a very slight adjustment to my helmet for it to slide over it. I won't ride with out it now. In addition to keeping the sweat out of my eyes, during breaks, I can pop it off, and use it to dry my face, arms, and neck. Very absorbent.
Now for the cooling. Since it depends in part on evaporation, and since I am wearing it under a helmet, it doesn't cool as much as I would like. That said, it is very understandable, so I cannot see docking any stars for that. When I stop for a break and remove the helmet, the cooling effect is almost instant. If I remove it and snap it a few times per the instructions, it cools even more.
It has proven durable to this point. I generally ride with it 5 to 6 days a week. I have begun to wear it on walks/hikes as well. Just about any activity where I know sweat will be an issue, I have this on.
I bought two of these helmet liners and was a bit concerned before I got them because many of the reviewers said they were too small, but the size is perfect for my average sized head (I'm a 5.8 male). I am bold though, so if you have a thick head of hair it might feel a little too snug.
I rode with them several times, usually for an hour but a couple of longer rides of about 3 hours. They did an ok job as a speed dry helmet liner. They seem to spread the moisture around pretty well and allow it to evaporate, as long as your helmet allows enough wind to run through. But I don't think they actually cool my head, and if they do, it's probably not as dramatic of an effect as they claim in their marketing materials. Comparing them to another such helmet liner I have, I didn't notice any big difference in how cool (or rather, not cool at all) my head feels while I'm pounding those pedals uphill.
might be too small, you are correct! Beware! Feeling ripped off.
Top international reviews
As for performance? It does what it says it does 100%. You wash it once in a cold cycle and after that it's just soak, wring, snap x3 and away it goes! I'll be using this for under my fast helmet when I play airsoft, at work in the kitchen (if allowed), and when out for a walk with a hat over it.