Mission: Impossible 2 (Widescreen Edition)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- 15-minute "Behind the Mission" exclusive cast and crew interviews
- Five-minute "Mission Incredible" stunts featurette "Impossible Shots"
- Exclusive interviews with John Woo, Tom Cruise, stunt coordinator Brian Smrz and others
- Metallica's music video of "I Disappear"
- Alternate title sequence
- MTV Movie Awards show parody, "Mission Improbable" with Tom Cruise, Ben Stiller and John Woo
Top Customer Reviews
You know you're watching a John Woo movie if...
1. Most everyone is wearing a black trenchcoat.
2. Half the movie is in slow motion.
3. Heros are generally proceeded by doves or other glowing, symbolicitems of mass courage.
4. More than one helicopter explodes.
5. Everyone cool wears sunglasses and eventually removes them in a slow-motion, classy mannor.
6. Character names are unusual, but deeply representative.
7. Motorcycles are rampant.
8. The hero can shoot the badguy while jumping through fire, swinging from a rope, falling down an elevator shaft or riding on the front wheel of a motorcycle while spinning a one-hundred-eighty degree circle at sixty miles per hour.
9. The plot generally revolves around the villian's intent on mass destruction.
10. Ammunition lasts more than the clip can hold. MUCH more.
11. Always more than one gun shoots at the same time.
12. By the end of the movie everything that isn't exploding has
While this is an earlier episode, you can tell the show was hitting its stride. All the elements are there: timed sequences, the fake accents, a magician, hiding in equipment to gain entrances, fake ids and what is always best - watching the team psych out their prey.
I do not recall having seen this episode and I was surprisingly tense watching this show...there is so much going on and you know there is always the unexpected surprise. This show had everything including a trained cat! Don't miss it.
This is one of these movies that rewards you for having it in High-Def.
The movie's plot did lag in the middle, but spectacular special effects and coreographed violence made it all worth it. Villians are a dime a dozen and only few stand out in our mind. This one does not quite do it, however. Tom cruise and his She-ra in the movie struggled through their lines. But remember that movies are not just actors and dialogue, they tell a story. This movie could have just had pictures and music and the story would been told just the same.
Surely not the best John Woo film out there, but a masterpiece as only he can deliver. Thanks Mr Woo!
BTW, I'm not dissing the X-Men movie, just the quality of extras on the 'Special Edition' DVD. The movie is top notch and there is no question it is far better a movie than MI:2.
I wouldn't really say t hat this was a MI movie. It didn't look/feel like one. There were all of these slow motion scenes. It was more of a romantic/action adventure type of a movie, not a action adventure movie. Still it didn't have the espionage/cloak/dagger feel to it. I mean there were a few "tricks" for sure . . . especially with those masks that the MI team uses. But overall the focus seems to be on the lead actress/character. It was as if someone somewhere thinks she is the idea of female beauty. So we see her being fawned over, catered too. She is striking poses that supposedly are sultry etc. So that was the focus of the movie. I thought it was all silly. And I don't think she is the idea of beauty.
Anyway there is also the return of the long haired Tom Cruise. He was so all American looking in MI I. So cute and thin/healthy looking. Then here he starts that long hair thing. Flipping it around. Looks goofy. He also had a rather stoic performance in this one. Some lines were delivered in a rather deliberate way instead of an acting way. Again it was almost like the filming/producing was bad. There were the silly fight/chase scenes. Too impossible even for MI. And you can see the guy just stand there anticipating the hit before he falls down. Just goofy.
And there was the lead villain guy who either looked or was made to look like a serpent with metal teeth. Just odd. And distracting.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of my favorite of the MI series. A little corny at times but it's the corny scenes that are setups for parodies in future movies. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by PilotX
All of these movies the Mi series with Tom Cruise are wonderful to watch and full of actionPublished 4 days ago by Deryl Houser
I watched these movies growing up, and I remember them being super cool, so I started re-watching them after Rogue Nation came out. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Angel Rhodes
Grandson loved it. He said a five star for the acting and action.Published 1 month ago by K K Schwartz